Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    SB is responsible for the best soccer players in the area. There’s a reason his trainings are full, the quality that you get. And beyond the soccer, he truly cares about the kids and their development. It’s pathetic how bitter some people are because they couldn’t fulfill their soccer dreams through their child. My kid has been going to SB for 2 years. Never been verbally abused. Never cried. Never made fun of for playing another sport. Does he expect hard work? Yes. How else does someone get better if they don’t work hard. But really, he yelled at my kid? Please. There’s a difference between driving someone and berating someone and he has Never berated anyone. There’s a harsh world waiting for your child if they can’t handle a coach yelling from the sidelines. Maybe Girl Scouts is more for you.
    agreed. Snowflakes . If your child is crying because he’s a little harsh on them …maybe you as a parent are failing . Always blaming everyone. Snowflakes not allowed with SB.

Comment

If he chooses to coach, then he should have enough integrity to not privately train any of his team's players. Major conflict of interest. Textbook, in fact.
      Many coaches do this including at top ecnl clubs. It’s not against any ecnl rules.

Comment

Many coaches do this including at top ecnl clubs. It’s not against any ecnl rules.
        I totally agree- many coaches do. Maybe not to the degree he does with his own teams . However, nothing against any rules .

Comment

It may not be against the rules, but it is a major conflict of interest, regardless of his intentions. Is he playing kids that he trains more because they are better, or because he is more comfortable with them, or because their parents are paying him more money? Even if the answer is number one, this opens the door for a lot of conflict. Hence, this message thread. Its just bad practice.

Comment

Heard EPYSA is considering banning all CRUSA/FC Bucks teams from all cups next year.

Most ECNL clubs and even other coaches at FC Bucks do not care if kids play other sports. In fact, it's part of their pitch. Samir just hates it when a kid chooses basketball over his futsal.

Where are all these superstars playing HS? Will any of them make an impact as a freshman? I suspect most of these parents are going to get a full dose of reality watching JV games. CB East excluded that team is loaded.

Ukies were right, FC Bucks got greedy but now have to live with their decision. They just needed to keep mom off the sideline. But it's a weird dynamic at FC Bucks. The 05 team has a team manager dad who hovers near the bench, the 06's had a dad assistant coach, the 02/03 team while active had a mom coach (qualified yes but still biased) and now they have a step dad and mom on the same sidelines.

I encourage everyone who uses a personal trainer to take sessions with someone else on occasions. You will see they are all similar and pretty much do the same drills. It's a good thing to have a different perspective, hear a different voice.

Everyone also needs to keep their pants on figuratively and literally. You are doing a great job of ruining your kid's experience. They will end up resenting you. I learned the hard way. Don't be me.
            Major red flag if a parent (or step parent) is coaching their own kids at the ECNL level. Once parents are writing checks for their kids team they deserve an impartial and qualified coach - this daddy ball nonsense has been going on at bucks for years. Daddy ball is clearly not a recipe for success as most bucks teams are at or near the bottom of the ECNL standings. There is a real bias when a parent coaches their own kid and it’s even worse when the parent such as BM or BB from the 2006 has zero credentials. I would run fast and far before I ever let my kid play for a parent at the ECNL level.

Comment

Sprints ? Explain?
              Have personally witnessed him making his team run sprints in excessive heat after getting destroyed

Comment

Have personally witnessed him making his team run sprints in excessive heat after getting destroyed
                when and where ?

Comment

A lot of trolls and haters . Jealous of SB’s success . We’ll join the club it’s only going to get bigger . He’s not going anywhere . He’s brilliant with his cutting edge training methods . He is a genius when it comes to youth soccer .
                  15 minutes of a passing drill, 15 minutes doing chops and step overs with a shot, 30 minutes of 1v1’s so he can sit and kiss parents butts…truly visionary!

Comment

15 minutes of a passing drill, 15 minutes doing chops and step overs with a shot, 30 minutes of 1v1’s so he can sit and kiss parents butts…truly visionary!
                    Another hater added to the club
                    HE must be doing something different

Comment

agreed. Snowflakes . If your child is crying because he’s a little harsh on them …maybe you as a parent are failing . Always blaming everyone. Snowflakes not allowed with SB.
                      Lol... name these so called best players.

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, we interrupt your regularly scheduled juvenile behavior to get to the truly repulsive part of the program: adults encouraging the naming and trashing of kids. Start your engines…

Comment

we’ll see next year if results matter to parents. ‘10s are bringing in 6-7 girls and the talent looks to be dropping dramatically. No one good left at his training I guess.
                          He will play his starters, give the other girls minimal time to develop. Textbook Samir

Comment

The more haters post, the more supporters will come. We have been with SB for a year on multiple classes, clinics, programs as well as his futsal team. We have also seen his 2010 team games and cheered for them on a few tournaments. SB is a great person, great and successful trainer. BM is a great person, a great helper and coach during futsal tournament. And how many of you haters have done anything useful for a kids you barely know?

Comment

it's funny how many people defend a person knowing what he has done to others. you must be a horrible judge of character and continue to send your girls to him. sure he gets results, but the ways he uses to accomplish it are atrocious. i've personally heard him berate his ukie team at the time a couple years ago during a tournament. you're talking about 7/8 year old kids he was talking to and cursing at. don't worry, beth was there too turning a blind eye to it all bc she was involved already.

Comment

I would never stoop to the level of the trolls on here and name names. Results speak for themselves. Look at kids on top ecnl clubs, d1 placements, national team call ups. Better yet, look at the young kids and watch them Develop. Watch them smile when they get the chop down or learn step overs and deliver them with ease. Because that’s what it’s about, the kids. And the kids learn and the kids love him. There’s not one coach out there that works for everyone. There isn’t one teacher that works for everyone. But what he does in and day out for these kids is more than I see some parents do. And by the behavior on these posts, clearly some kids could use better parenting.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X