Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Widener University Women's Soccer

Does anyone know what happened to Dan Blank at Widener University?

I saw the posting today on NCAA.com and, as per usual, there's no announcement on the school's website.

Pay freeze, which is happening at a lot of NCAA programs, not to mention some D-I programs with some even moving to D-III. Blank left for another opportunity.

Comment

Thanks For The Response

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Pay freeze, which is happening at a lot of NCAA programs, not to mention some D-I programs with some even moving to D-III. Blank left for another opportunity.
      What schools are leaving D-I to move to D-III?

And what was the opportunity that Coach Blank left for?

Comment

So far only Hartford and the students are giving them a rash of **** over it.

Comment

PC Garbage

Does anyone know what happened to Dan Blank at Widener University?

I saw the posting today on NCAA.com and, as per usual, there's no announcement on the school's website.
          He got poop canned for not being PC enough with some of the current snowflakes on the team/something to do with senior day. Must be some real softies as Dan is the consummate professional and as PC as anyone I know. Doing the right thing isn't as celebrated as it used to be and good people are being lost to the new world order. Sad for the girls who get it since the complainers are graduating. Wonder if karma plays a visit when they apply for that dream job after graduation and the Instagram incidents come to light-:)

Comment

He got poop canned for not being PC enough with some of the current snowflakes on the team/something to do with senior day. Must be some real softies as Dan is the consummate professional and as PC as anyone I know. Doing the right thing isn't as celebrated as it used to be and good people are being lost to the new world order. Sad for the girls who get it since the complainers are graduating. Wonder if karma plays a visit when they apply for that dream job after graduation and the Instagram incidents come to light-:)
            Karma will always get ya! If there is one thing you can hang your hat on it’s karma is a b****! See FCB 2006 and 2005 teams as proof. Don’t mess with karma.

Comment

Karma will always get ya! If there is one thing you can hang your hat on it’s karma is a b****! See FCB 2006 and 2005 teams as proof. Don’t mess with karma.
              OMG...do you troll all the threads? Go back to your FCB specific threads.

Comment

Hartford is moving to D-III and Eastern Washington are leaning in that direction. Lots of schools exploring the idea.

Comment

Hartford is moving to D-III and Eastern Washington are leaning in that direction. Lots of schools exploring the idea.
                  The ripple effects will be felt with less opportunities for D1 soccer

Comment

The ripple effects will be felt with less opportunities for D1 soccer
                    Yep it’s coming and when it does the pay to play soccer model the academies are built on will come crashing down.

Comment

Yep it’s coming and when it does the pay to play soccer model the academies are built on will come crashing down.
                      I am still waiting to hear how the pay for play model in sports can be something different. There are lots of very low cost options in every community. In this country nothing is free, except to play American football, that is paid for by tax payers.

Comment

I am still waiting to hear how the pay for play model in sports can be something different. There are lots of very low cost options in every community. In this country nothing is free, except to play American football, that is paid for by tax payers.
                        I should have phrased it as the high priced national leagues, that require lots of travel and in normal times cost close to $10,000 all in. People won’t be willing to spend that if there isn’t the carrot of scholarships or admissions to college.

Comment

Here is the model of the future:

Pro teams partnering with colleges. No scholarships. Maybe room and board. The carrot is the U23's or 1st team. The days of D1, D2, D3 are coming to an end.

https://www.arsenal.com/the-club/wom...en-wsl-academy

Comment

Here is the model of the future:

Pro teams partnering with colleges. No scholarships. Maybe room and board. The carrot is the U23's or 1st team. The days of D1, D2, D3 are coming to an end.

https://www.arsenal.com/the-club/wom...en-wsl-academy
                            That will never happen with college and pro programs here in the USA. The NFL gets a free feeder system starting from middle school all the way up to college and the P-5 programs are making too much money to change the system!

Comment

That will never happen with college and pro programs here in the USA. The NFL gets a free feeder system starting from middle school all the way up to college and the P-5 programs are making too much money to change the system!
                              Non-revenue sports chief!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X