X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Odd they hired from outside the club for a management position. No good candidates internally?
    He is coaching and heading Zone 1. Given his reputation, it seems like a great addition.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Odd they hired from outside the club for a management position. No good candidates internally?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Will PF be getting any new coaches on the girls side this fall?
    Ian Dawson is now at Penn Fusion to coach girls.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Will PF be getting any new coaches on the girls side this fall?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Should do okay at NCS regionals. Had a good run in the state cup. Were decent in ECNL from what it looks like in the standings.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    2009 is decent, 2008 is really good.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Against weak PA teams good, against other teams not so much. Best 09s play on the 08 team. They also have a 2010 on the 09 team. Played them last summer at Spirit without all those kids playing up and playing down and was not impressed.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Pretty good. NCS Champions.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    How are the PF 09s

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I think this is one of the points. If the coaching was that good, they'd be developing these players instead of them moving over at 15 or 16. The big EPA clubs are not doing a great job of developing these players. Cherry picking players and then still not getting great results is why I think a lot of people are down on PF, FCD, Bucks. All have significant drawing areas (as far as PA goes), all rely on kids coming into the program late. It is disingenuous to take credit for kids who spend 6-7-8 years playing elsewhere.
    What are you talking about lol. In the current system you can only develop players who look to come to your club. If PF/Delco/Bucks were a true academy that was free with the best v best system that the Union and other boys pro academies have you'd see more kids coming all the way through.

But the fact is development isn't linear. Clubs like Delco, PF, Bucks don't "cherry pick" players. They don't get to. (If you think they do think about where the first contact comes from. It's not from the coaches or staff at the club). Pro clubs with academies like the Union can cherry pick because they have the pathway. NO CLUB on the girls side can offer the same thing. It's a product. If players want to move, they'll move.

Stop the nonsense. It's extremely rare for kids to stay at one club from U9-U18/19 and go pro. And that's not just here. Look at the Union's youth rosters. And they get to 'cherry pick' and choose who they want.

At the end of the day, just do what's best for you and your kid. C

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    No perfect solutions. There are good and bad aspects at every club. Each club has good coaches and bad coaches and the bigger clubs definitely don't do as good a job with development as they should. PDA (where my daughter plays) is probably the outlier in the scenario. The PA ECNL clubs are definitely going to have varying age groups that are stronger. The region is different than it was 10 years ago or 5 years ago or even 2 years ago. It just seems like the 3 ECNL clubs are going to battle each other for players in EPA. It's a saturated market.

Success matter for teams for U13 on up. It shows how clubs are molding their players as individuals and as teams. I've heard good and bad things about all of the EPA clubs. At PDA you perform or you sit. That's how it is. It sounds like there are at least some issues at the EPA clubs either with coaches or parents or development or facilities or whatever.

All I can say is that Delco seems to be getting back on track, PF has the best reputation but isn't the end all be all destination any more, and FCB probably has the potential to be a lot better than they are right now, but has a lot of administrative issues.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    No perfect solutions. There are good and bad aspects at every club. Each club has good coaches and bad coaches and the bigger clubs definitely don't do as good a job with development as they should. PDA (where my daughter plays) is probably the outlier in the scenario. The PA ECNL clubs are definitely going to have varying age groups that are stronger. The region is different than it was 10 years ago or 5 years ago or even 2 years ago. It just seems like the 3 ECNL clubs are going to battle each other for players in EPA. It's a saturated market.

Success matter for teams for U-13 on up. It shows how clubs are molding their players as individuals and as teams. I've heard good and bad things about all of the EPA clubs. At PDA you perform or you sit. That's how it is. It sounds like there are at least some issues at the EPA clubs either with coaches or parents or development or facilities or whatever.

All I can say is that Delco seems to be getting back on track, PF has the best reputation but isn't the end all be all destination any more, and FCB probably has the potential to be a lot better than they are right now, but has a lot of administrative issues.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    And some of those players were committed to play at those schools before they even made it to PF.
    And some of those coaches said; move to PF to complete your development.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I think this is one of the points. If the coaching was that good, they'd be developing these players instead of them moving over at 15 or 16. The big EPA clubs are not doing a great job of developing these players. Cherry picking players and then still not getting great results is why I think a lot of people are down on PF, FCD, Bucks. All have significant drawing areas (as far as PA goes), all rely on kids coming into the program late. It is disingenuous to take credit for kids who spend 6-7-8 years playing elsewhere.
    Sounds like someone's kid got pushed aside and is butt hurt. Did high school teachers teach prior basics or reinforce and develop? Which school gets the accolades when a child graduates? It is how it works.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What are you talking about? Currently kids at UNC, UVA, Rutgers, PennState, Georgetown, Duke; not 5 yrs out. Several recently graduated playing nwsl and abroad. Not 10 yrs out.
    And some of those players were committed to play at those schools before they even made it to PF.

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
Working...
X