Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The training is not great. It's a myth. My D moved to PF from another club. The training is the same as her old club, just with some (not all) better players. Coaches go through the motions like anywhere else. There are a couple (1 or 2) coaches that are into it and work the kids, but the rest are not developing kids from what I see, especially in Zone 1. We're going to see how next season goes. If we don't think it's worth it, we'll move on.
    We are not at PF, but a similar club and I am not real sure what you'd expect to be different. There are only so many different drills, sets, exercises that a coach can design. The major advantage of PF, FCD, PDA, MF etc is the level of players surrounding you. You can do the exact same drill on two teams, but your D will get much more out of it when executing with the better teammates. All clubs have a varying level of coaching especially when it comes to engagement, but having your D with better players surrounding her is a massive advantage in her development.

Comment

I am sorry your daughter didn't make the PF team she was trying out for. What does it even mean that training was "easy?" Training is about being hard or easy it is about improving your skills. I have one daughter who moved away from PF last summer and one just switched, but I would never bash the club because they weren't the best fit for us.
      Easy as in too basic. Not challenging. Poorly designed and executed. She didn't break a sweat. Too Easy.

Comment

Easy as in too basic. Not challenging. Poorly designed and executed. She didn't break a sweat. Too Easy.
        Yes, it was too easy for my daughter as well. We told them we'd rather overly complex drills especially ones with crazy scoring systems and non-stop sprints at our local USYS club. Boot camp soccer club is best!

Comment

Yes, it was too easy for my daughter as well. We told them we'd rather overly complex drills especially ones with crazy scoring systems and non-stop sprints at our local USYS club. Boot camp soccer club is best!
          Lol! My daughter was going to play on the USWNT, but their practices were too easy so we went back to rec.

Comment

PF is a club in decline.

Comment

PF is a club in decline.
              Says who? Still the top girls program in PA by a mile.

Comment

Says who? Still the top girls program in PA by a mile.
                They were the top by a mile until players in other areas have opportunities to play for higher level programs. PF are only as good as the players the have coming in from other areas.

Comment

PF is a club in decline.
                  Seems like trolls are going after all threads today.

If they are in decline, why do top players seek them out? Exactly.

Comment

They were the top by a mile until players in other areas have opportunities to play for higher level programs. PF are only as good as the players the have coming in from other areas.
                    What a stupid statement. Any team is only as good as the players who are on the team. Some get higher level players than others. There aren't plethorae of high level players anywhere.

The fact that some do travel miles and states to play for this club says something about what they think about playing for a top club like PF.
                    They are bypassing other clubs and opportunities just to play for PF. Pretty cool actually.

Comment

What a stupid statement. Any team is only as good as the players who are on the team. Some get higher level players than others. There aren't plethorae of high level players anywhere.

The fact that some do travel miles and states to play for this club says something about what they think about playing for a top club like PF.
                      They are bypassing other clubs and opportunities just to play for PF. Pretty cool actually.
                      That isn’t the case anyone. They aren’t getting the better players from outside the area and doing an average job with the players they have.

Comment

That isn’t the case anyone. They aren’t getting the better players from outside the area and doing an average job with the players they have.
                        As the parent of a girl who got bumped off the top team at PF by a couple out of state girls, I can tell you people are still traveling to play at PF unfortunately.

Comment

As the parent of a girl who got bumped off the top team at PF by a couple out of state girls, I can tell you people are still traveling to play at PF unfortunately.
                          That always sux for the kid, but often is for the best. Hopefully your daughter has more fun and excels on the second team or new club if you left. If anyone tells you she doesn't have a shot at getting back on the top squad next year (if that's what you/she wants) they are wrong. I have seen it multiple times despite parents saying it is impossible. Best of luck.

Comment

That has not happened. No PF teams have had an influx of out of state girls...ridiculous trolls.

Comment

That has not happened. No PF teams have had an influx of out of state girls...ridiculous trolls.
                              And you are not a ridiculous troll? No mirrors in your house huh?

I saw a number of kids from other club areas in PA and out of state as well. Someone is trying very hard to detract kids from going to PF. Could not be a rival parent right? We see through you troll.

Comment

We believe you TS troll.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X