PF

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to love the short sightedness of the person criticizing girls for going to UNC, Duke and Dartmouth. I hate to break it to you, but if your daughter can use soccer to get into schools like that then her youth soccer experience is a major success. If your goal as a parent is your kid getting more paying time at a lesser academic school then you have some issues that hopefully you can fix before it is too late. Your daughter is not gong to be on the USWNT regardless of where she goes to college. Your daughter is not gong to play soccer for a living regardless of where she goes to college. Your daughter will have an advantage in life with a UNC, Duke or Dartmouth diploma. I am not affiliated with the clubs being discussed and honestly have no idea if one club excels at getting girls into top academic school, but if they do then that is a successful club. I love my kids but didn't succeed as a parent or a coach when it came to college decisions as I let them both choose based on soccer. I know 95% of stuff on TS is made up, trash talk or just for fun but hopefully one reader can gain a better perspective of what is best for their kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      You have to love the short sightedness of the person criticizing girls for going to UNC, Duke and Dartmouth. I hate to break it to you, but if your daughter can use soccer to get into schools like that then her youth soccer experience is a major success. If your goal as a parent is your kid getting more paying time at a lesser academic school then you have some issues that hopefully you can fix before it is too late. Your daughter is not gong to be on the USWNT regardless of where she goes to college. Your daughter is not gong to play soccer for a living regardless of where she goes to college. Your daughter will have an advantage in life with a UNC, Duke or Dartmouth diploma. I am not affiliated with the clubs being discussed and honestly have no idea if one club excels at getting girls into top academic school, but if they do then that is a successful club. I love my kids but didn't succeed as a parent or a coach when it came to college decisions as I let them both choose based on soccer. I know 95% of stuff on TS is made up, trash talk or just for fun but hopefully one reader can gain a better perspective of what is best for their kid.
      Stop being so rational! You are completely right that soccer should be used to get into top schools if possible and not to get $5k off at your local college where a shaky guarantee of playing time is made. Financial aid will almost always surpass what you are offered to play soccer for those that qualify.

Comment

[QUOTE=Guest;n4393309]
        Originally posted by Guest View Post

There’s a few FC delco girls on Penn as well. The one Penn fusion girl who’s daddy was a team manager for years. The one who Tino made a captain and sent her to US training cant even earn conference mins at Syracuse ( one of the consistently worse teams in the conference)She’s a third string. And let’s not forget the former players from PF who are still warming the bench at Duke, NC and Dartmouth just to name a few.
        Tino sends players to teams they have no business being on because it makes PF recruiting look good . That is until you check the stats .
        First, Tino doesn’t send anyone anywhere. Kids and parents pick the school. Second, you pick the best school that you can into based on academic, not soccer. Soccer is just a tool to get you in. If you didn’t get that yet better learn.

Comment

Sounds good

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X