Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Tough weekend. Still no teams above .500. Will they fire the ECNL Director? Heard he is not well liked and the teams he’s coaching are struggling.
    Compared to where they were 3 years ago, this is an improvement. Baby steps grasshopper.

Comment

Compared to where they were 3 years ago, this is an improvement. Baby steps grasshopper.
      I guess so. Standards and expectations must be pretty low at Delco.

Comment

Hi Zac.

The issue on the teams you coach is that you create a culture of failure avoidance rather then success seeking. So the teams defend well but are afraid of you or a captain yelling at them if they take risks getting forward.

Comment

Hi Zac.

The issue on the teams you coach is that you create a culture of failure avoidance rather then success seeking. So the teams defend well but are afraid of you or a captain yelling at them if they take risks getting forward.
          I'm not Zac. Actually Zac has passed on my kid a couple times, so if anything I shouldn't like the guy. But my objective opinion is that he's a mild mannered, extremely dedicated coach/director. I can't imagine anyone being afraid of him. I have noticed at Delco the girls are extremely vocal with each other, they do bully the weak link quite a bit, so you need thick skin. I agree with you, at younger ages mistakes are good when you are trying something. It's the only way to improve. Generally speaking girls blame themselves for everything that goes wrong- boys blame it on someone else. So I think girls put a lot of pressure on themselves not to make mistakes which stunts their growth. My daughter improved by leaps when we started working on her mentality through books and podcasts.. Also, I think having female coaches for girls is so overlooked. I wish there were more female coaches out there especially at these top clubs.

Comment

And what happened to Girls Delco 06?? No offense. Good forwards must have left team. Team fell off a cliff. not qualified for any post season or even the showcases
            Best forward and player on the team went to IMG - she is missed.

Comment

Lots of injuries to top kids as well this year

Comment

Best forward and player on the team went to IMG - she is missed.
                what club is IMG ?

Comment

what club is IMG ?
                  Its a resident academy in Florida

Comment

Its a resident academy in Florida
                    wow thats a lot of pressure on a kid to be a professional athlete

Comment

I'm not Zac. Actually Zac has passed on my kid a couple times, so if anything I shouldn't like the guy. But my objective opinion is that he's a mild mannered, extremely dedicated coach/director. I can't imagine anyone being afraid of him. I have noticed at Delco the girls are extremely vocal with each other, they do bully the weak link quite a bit, so you need thick skin. I agree with you, at younger ages mistakes are good when you are trying something. It's the only way to improve. Generally speaking girls blame themselves for everything that goes wrong- boys blame it on someone else. So I think girls put a lot of pressure on themselves not to make mistakes which stunts their growth. My daughter improved by leaps when we started working on her mentality through books and podcasts.. Also, I think having female coaches for girls is so overlooked. I wish there were more female coaches out there especially at these top clubs.
                      They don’t develop kids. I don’t think there’s a kid on the 06 team that played at Delco prior to ECNL.

Comment

Lots of injuries to top kids as well this year
                        Not really and everyone has injuries.

Comment

what club is IMG ?
                          IMG academy in Florida - their soccer teams play GA

Comment

They don’t develop kids. I don’t think there’s a kid on the 06 team that played at Delco prior to ECNL.
                            Some quality guest players will help out during the PDA tourney.

Comment

I guess so. Standards and expectations must be pretty low at Delco.
                              If they are considering hiring SB as a coach, then yes, they have no standards at all

Comment

If they are considering hiring SB as a coach, then yes, they have no standards at all
                                Seems like the only chance we have is to ride up and fight! Who’s with me?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X