Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

You do have it wrong, at the ECNL or GA levels, your coach matters a lot. You need someone connected to college programs who knows the recruitment process, who can get to know your player and advocate for them. FCBucks coaching staff is a mess right now, uncertainty at most age groups, and plugging in a high school coach (the 08’s are on their third one this year) is just not good enough.
    The 08’s are on their 5th coach since last fall, but who is counting.

Comment

You do have it wrong, at the ECNL or GA levels, your coach matters a lot. You need someone connected to college programs who knows the recruitment process, who can get to know your player and advocate for them. FCBucks coaching staff is a mess right now, uncertainty at most age groups, and plugging in a high school coach (the 08’s are on their third one this year) is just not good enough.
      The college coach experiment worked really well at bucks……q eye roll

Comment

I give it to CM got 3 players committed. LM to UMD and Sabol to another D1. I'm shocked AD committed to a no name D3.

CM at least getting his players to college ball.

Comment

I give it to CM got 3 players committed. LM to UMD and Sabol to another D1. I'm shocked AD committed to a no name D3.

That’s a joke right? Had nothing to do with any of them committing, Sabol hasn’t played on the team for over a year and a half. Good try SB, or one of the koolaid drinking CM followers

Comment

This is a joke - you don’t commit to a D3!

Comment

This is a joke - you don’t commit to a D3!
              You actually do dummy. Quite contrary to your own ignorance, D3s do not have endless roster spots and, like D1 and D2, the better ones have just about all of their FY spots spoken for already for next season. You simply do not have an NLI. You're probably also the ignorant person who thinks the NCAA-allowed days in-season vastly differs between each division. Good luck to your kid at Millersville .... quite an accomplishment.

Comment

You actually do dummy. Quite contrary to your own ignorance, D3s do not have endless roster spots and, like D1 and D2, the better ones have just about all of their FY spots spoken for already for next season. You simply do not have an NLI. You're probably also the ignorant person who thinks the NCAA-allowed days in-season vastly differs between each division. Good luck to your kid at Millersville .... quite an accomplishment.
                Not op but D3 soccer is a joke. Pretty sure ECNL would not exist if it tried to sell parents and kids on D3 college soccer. ECNL promotes itself as the D1 pathway - - and thats the way they get parents to shell out the big bucks. If your kids goal is D3 just have them play EDP - same applies to Millersville as far as ECNL - nobody’s having their kid play ECNL for the chance to play D2 soccer in college.

Comment

Not op but D3 soccer is a joke. Pretty sure ECNL would not exist if it tried to sell parents and kids on D3 college soccer. ECNL promotes itself as the D1 pathway - - and thats the way they get parents to shell out the big bucks. If your kids goal is D3 just have them play EDP - same applies to Millersville as far as ECNL - nobody’s having their kid play ECNL for the chance to play D2 soccer in college.
                  Maybe there is a reason beyond soccer that they chose to play D3. Spending a semester abroad for one. As for playing ENCL if playing D2 in college - if it's the right level soccer in HS for them, so be it. Maybe they want to play at that level. Maybe they don't want to play in college. Let the kid play where they want to and are able to play

Comment

you are just making yourself look stupid - there are some d3 & d2 teams that would beat some d1 teams - any why would someone go d1 if there were not getting the chance to play. Kids should pick the schools based on the school and if the school is a good fit - if the school is not a good fit should defiantely NOT go there just to play a sport -

Comment

you are just making yourself look stupid - there are some d3 & d2 teams that would beat some d1 teams - any why would someone go d1 if there were not getting the chance to play. Kids should pick the schools based on the school and if the school is a good fit - if the school is not a good fit should defiantely NOT go there just to play a sport -
                      Meh… I still maintain if parents and kids knew going into ECNL that they would end up at D2, D3 college soccer they probably would have just played edp… just my opinion. Don’t see the value in flying and traveling all over the country only to end up playing soccer at Millersville or Scranton. Once again ECNL sells itself as the D1 pathway … argue all you want but that is their claim and that is the way they get parents to write the big checks.

And I do agree a kid should definitely pick the school for the school and not for soccer, but don’t tell me that there aren’t a bunch of disappointed kids and parents when they end up at D2,D3 and not the promised land of D1.

Comment

Meh… I still maintain if parents and kids knew going into ECNL that they would end up at D2, D3 college soccer they probably would have just played edp… just my opinion. Don’t see the value in flying and traveling all over the country only to end up playing soccer at Millersville or Scranton. Once again ECNL sells itself as the D1 pathway … argue all you want but that is their claim and that is the way they get parents to write the big checks.

And I do agree a kid should definitely pick the school for the school and not for soccer, but don’t tell me that there aren’t a bunch of disappointed kids and parents when they end up at D2,D3 and not the promised land of D1.
                        The D3 kid has the talent to play D1. The school also just won the D3 national championship. Who are we to judge a personal decision.

Comment

How many ECNL kids are going D1 this year from all the ECNL clubs in the area? 10?

Comment

How many ECNL kids are going D1 this year from all the ECNL clubs in the area? 10?
                            This seems very low. The clubs will post at the end of the season. Maybe be 10 per club.

Comment

The D3 kid has the talent to play D1. The school also just won the D3 national championship. Who are we to judge a personal decision.
                              Go where ever you feel is a good fit.

Comment

This seems very low. The clubs will post at the end of the season. Maybe be 10 per club.
                                No way not in this area maybe 4 -5 a team. PDA and the top ECNL clubs may have 10 but not bucks or Delco - at least not in the last few years. You can go on their websites where they list college commitments and the majority of their college commitments are D2, D3.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X