Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

My kid is playing GA then rolling right into WPSL Helping the Ukies win games and boosting the brand. .She's committed so she won't take exposure opportunities from any current players. Save me a seat at the bar!
    Great news for her!!!!
    We haven't received any word on the timing and said we would rather not travel for GA. We are committed as well so we have no interest in college exposure or the cost associated with that. I know some are still waiting on college commitments and thats the practice holdup, or so we are being told. I expect right after Jeff Cup we will be making the move

Comment

My kid is playing GA then rolling right into WPSL Helping the Ukies win games and boosting the brand. .She's committed so she won't take exposure opportunities from any current players. Save me a seat at the bar!
      Sounds like your trying to convince yourself this is a good thing…go back to the bar

Comment

Have you watched a WPSL game? It is bad soccer on steroids. When my kid played a couple years ago at least I was able to watch without paying for the privilege/just stood on the other side of the fence.

Comment

Great news for her!!!!
          We haven't received any word on the timing and said we would rather not travel for GA. We are committed as well so we have no interest in college exposure or the cost associated with that. I know some are still waiting on college commitments and thats the practice holdup, or so we are being told. I expect right after Jeff Cup we will be making the move
          Wouldn’t you want your committed kid to still be playing in competitive games to prepare for college though? I’m confused why girls are leaving teams or not playing anymore when their expected to come into college still at a certain level. Not being sarcastic, really curious….

Comment

Wouldn’t you want your committed kid to still be playing in competitive games to prepare for college though? I’m confused why girls are leaving teams or not playing anymore when their expected to come into college still at a certain level. Not being sarcastic, really curious….
            WPSL has far less travel and expense. They also have a mix of HS and current college players on their rosters. In reality the big reason to move is to play under someone who understands what is required of D1 players and get them into those routines now so when they transition into college they will be successful. We don't need 30 games and to fly to showcases. We need consistent high level coaching and dedicated players. Even st ECNL the dedication of the lower half of the team is not helpful to the kids who are playing D1. Those kids don't understand how superior D1 is to other college levels

Comment

WPSL has far less travel and expense. They also have a mix of HS and current college players on their rosters. In reality the big reason to move is to play under someone who understands what is required of D1 players and get them into those routines now so when they transition into college they will be successful. We don't need 30 games and to fly to showcases. We need consistent high level coaching and dedicated players. Even st ECNL the dedication of the lower half of the team is not helpful to the kids who are playing D1. Those kids don't understand how superior D1 is to other college levels
              That’s fair. Thank you for responding. Makes a lot of sense and justifies my thoughts on moving towards that platform. I just wasn’t sure.

Comment

If only WPSL were competitive games. Only thing it does is keep them in shape and get touches on the ball. They aren't going to suddenly become stud players.

Comment

If only WPSL were competitive games. Only thing it does is keep them in shape and get touches on the ball. They aren't going to suddenly become stud players.
                  At least ECNL with games the competition is generally good. Training is great but nothing beats playing against good teams to stay sharp for college. And there’s also that college coaches come to see their players at showcase to track how they’re doing. Unless the player is going to a local school there’s no substitute for doing at least a few showcases.

Comment

At least ECNL with games the competition is generally good. Training is great but nothing beats playing against good teams to stay sharp for college. And there’s also that college coaches come to see their players at showcase to track how they’re doing. Unless the player is going to a local school there’s no substitute for doing at least a few showcases.
                    Do the coaches come to the WPSL games at all?

Comment

It's at least equivalent. Training depends on the coach and most are leaving a bad coaching situation. You are right that a showcase or two may be nice but not essential. WPSL is widely used by colleges, especially for undergrads that dont get a ton of min. It's considered a higher level of play than ECNL as a general statement. What you don't get at WPSL are the lower end players who aren't dedicated which are the bottom of most ECNL rosters. Those kids will probably end up d3

Comment

It's a summer league. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Do the coaches come to the WPSL games at all?
                          If the school is local maybe, but from the few games I’ve seen I don’t know why they would. The level of play isn’t great, it’s just to stay in shape over the summer.

Comment

It's at least equivalent. Training depends on the coach and most are leaving a bad coaching situation. You are right that a showcase or two may be nice but not essential. WPSL is widely used by colleges, especially for undergrads that dont get a ton of min. It's considered a higher level of play than ECNL as a general statement. What you don't get at WPSL are the lower end players who aren't dedicated which are the bottom of most ECNL rosters. Those kids will probably end up d3
                            I admit I’ve only seen a few games but from what I saw it was about the same as a high school game, not as good as ecnl at all. And many players were not playing D1.

Comment

By senior year the undedicated quit anyway to enjoy the rest of high school. That’s what the roster numbers are so low.

Comment

These people sound brain washed by JN oh well

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X