•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the trolls are out this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Please stop calling out individual kids you classless pieces of ****.
      This is horrible. Good club and nice coaches. Leave the names of the kids off of the board.

Comment

My daughter is on this team, and I've been reading this thread for a bit now and have tried to remain objective and neutral. its funny to me that people who post anonymisly are being labeled classless pieces of ****, which they in all honesty based on some of the things they have said they are. But on the other hand, if what people are saying about Brian and others is true about there being all or none demands, meddling in personnel decisions, putting their "thumb on the scale" for their own children, scheming to recruit players, etc., aren't they just as guilty and shouldn't they be labeled this same as people posting anoynmisly on here. After all they are doing it in secret too. Brian couldn't even tell the team he was officially an assistant coach and according to what he wrote on here was asked by rich to be it in august. Lastly, in terms of backroom deals -i know this is true at least for last year because i was part of it - I am not proud. brian and rich were both there. and many others. it wasn't right.

Comment

No one cares! It’s kids soccer! Get a life you turds! 💩 💩

Comment

Hello everyone - let me introduce myself. My name is Brian Brossman. I have been following this thread for some time and its been quite sad for me to read. However, I have remained silent as a few of you have anonymously brought up my name and spread rumors about me, misrepresented my qualifications, and attacked my character - all of this I can take, it is what I signed up for when I agreed to volunteer hundreds of hours of my personal time for this group as the team manager, and as an Assistant Coach at the request of Coach Finneyfrock.

However I will no longer stay silent as one of you have decided that my daughter is now fair game for your childish banter. I will not even dignify your ridiculous assertions regarding her playing abilities with a response. Feel free to talk about ME all you want on the sidelines, in your text strings, on this forum, or better yet have the decency to speak to me in person, but keep my daughters name out of your mouth.

Let me set the record straight on a few things:

1) I have NO say in the personnel decisions of this team. Coach Rich decides who plays where, when, and for how long. He conveys that to me and asks me to tell the girls at times.
            2) I do NOT make game time coaching decisions regarding formation, style of play, or tactical changes. Coach Rich will discuss these things with me and HE makes the final call. He will often tell me to communicate certain things to players on the field during the game. Anyone who knows Coach Finneyfrock can tell you - NO ONE influences Rich. He calls the shots. Period.
            3) In August Rich has asked me to be on the sidelines for game and at practices as his Assistant. I reluctantly agreed - but am happy to do so to help him, and the girls. I handle all of the logistical aspects of the sideline for Rich (ex: dealing with referees, game day paperwork, passes at begin & end of halves, first aid kit, tending to injured players, etc.) so that Rich can focus on the game.
            4) I was NOT an evaluator at the TRYOUTS. Rich Finneyfrock, John McGinley and several other Professional Coaches handled they TRYOUTS. I was at a table signing kids in and handing each player a t-shirt. I then handed the list of players to the coaches and began signing in the next group.
            5) Contrary to one comment - I have my “F” and “E” coaching licenses. I am hoping to get my “D” license this year. I played soccer for 17 years before 3 knee surgeries sidelined my career early. I have also coached soccer for 15 years.
            6) I have NEVER and WILL NEVER “put my thumb on the scale” for MY children or anyone else’s. Players earn their place on teams based on their own playing ability. Feel free to ask my two older sons who did not make their respective ECNL teams and are still playing for USYS level teams.

To the lovely parent who stated that people have to “Kiss the Ring” - you should be utterly ashamed of yourself for typing that. Please check yourself - you seem to be doing a lot of deflecting. Don’t put your labels on me without actually speaking to me its misguided and gutless.

I have had lovely conversations with every parent on this team - which saddens me further, because that means someone has smiled at me and been perfectly kind to my face - but has been smearing my name behind my back. Please know that I have never held the feelings, behavior, or comments of a parent against their player. Its not something I believe is fair to the player and is not something our club believes in either.

I encourage you to PLEASE raise your issues with me in person. I am a big-boy, I can handle tough feedback, but for goodness sakes - at least give me a chance to provide an answer to your questions or a counter-viewpoint to your accusations. Posting your beef in this forum is like yelling into a canyon. What is your end game? I hope you are finding no joy in tearing people down - thats too easy. Taking anonymous pot-shots online - too easy. Despite your negativity I will continue to try to rise above and build people up.

Please know, I am extremely proud of this team, this club, and this group of parents. I look forward to seeing this team play and improve and achieve at this level and beyond.

Have a great weekend!
            The fact that exchanges like these are even happening on a site like this shows how poorly managed FC Bucks are as a club. This is crazy, and should have been nipped by the DOC
            or club leadership. It’s also nuts to see coaches responding to this nonsense. These posts don’t justify a response, especially by people that are supposed to be coaches in what’s considered one of the best leagues in the country. FC Bucks are arguably the worst run club in the ECNL. Players have lots of potential, but there is no leadership to be found from anyone at the club.

Comment

The fact that exchanges like these are even happening on a site like this shows how poorly managed FC Bucks are as a club. This is crazy, and should have been nipped by the DOC
              or club leadership. It’s also nuts to see coaches responding to this nonsense. These posts don’t justify a response, especially by people that are supposed to be coaches in what’s considered one of the best leagues in the country. FC Bucks are arguably the worst run club in the ECNL. Players have lots of potential, but there is no leadership to be found from anyone at the club.
              So says "unregistered." It's a good club and the kids go to good schools and play. Coaches have good backgrounds. You may want to visit the CT or NY threads to get a taste of bitter parents and worst run clubs.

Comment

A few bad apples can ruin the whole bunch. That and a total lack of “leadership” are ruining what was once considered a top notch club. And I put “leadership” in quotes because the word implies someone leading something and there is no such thing going on at FC Bucks.

Comment

A few bad apples can ruin the whole bunch. That and a total lack of “leadership” are ruining what was once considered a top notch club. And I put “leadership” in quotes because the word implies someone leading something and there is no such thing going on at FC Bucks.
                  And I put the word "unregistered" in quotes because you refuse to reveal your identity but like to toss quite a few rocks. I like that these are locals that give back to the community and never left it. They aren't coaching on a temporary visa or folding up teams in the middle of the season due to scandals. So, while you want to slight them, they consider themselves as part of the community and conduct themselves accordingly.

Comment

I’ve actually ask the forum to take this post down, oh it’s Missy again, no need for me to hide. I truly wish you would all shut up! I find myself checking this blog once a day in hopes that these nameless, spineless people would speak up! But alas not so much!! Keep hiding behind unregistered and saying how “ashamed” you are! These are 12/13 year old soccer players, leave them alone. There is not one girl on this team playing for the women national team heck I’m not sure anyone is going D1 on this team, so honestly is there really a need to stoop to such low levels, to insult people behind a keyboard, to bash a club, that ALL of you pay for your daughters to be apart of? I mean who’s the fool? You literally PAY to have your daughter on this team.. think about that!? I’m going to request again to have this post removed and if you all could all go back to your regularly scheduled lives that would be amazing! Only because i can’t look away from the train wreck 😳👀

Comment

I’ve actually ask the forum to take this post down, oh it’s Missy again, no need for me to hide. I truly wish you would all shut up! I find myself checking this blog once a day in hopes that these nameless, spineless people would speak up! But alas not so much!! Keep hiding behind unregistered and saying how “ashamed” you are! These are 12/13 year old soccer players, leave them alone. There is not one girl on this team playing for the women national team heck I’m not sure anyone is going D1 on this team, so honestly is there really a need to stoop to such low levels, to insult people behind a keyboard, to bash a club, that ALL of you pay for your daughters to be apart of? I mean who’s the fool? You literally PAY to have your daughter on this team.. think about that!? I’m going to request again to have this post removed and if you all could all go back to your regularly scheduled lives that would be amazing! Only because i can’t look away from the train wreck 😳👀
                      It just words on a message board read by parents not sure it really impacts 12/13 year olds at all. No one has written anything that is offensive or inappropriate. So far it has just been things that appear to be a truth that some people don’t like. Only people it impacts are parents who rather keep there head in the sand and pretend all is well and not hear the truth. But since your so concerned about leaving 12/13 year old soccer plaers alone should we assume you also showed as much concern towards adults who have and continue to scheme, lie, manipulate in an effort to provide their own children an advantage rather than subject them to the concepts of fairness and merit. you know actual things that impact 12/13 year old soccer players.

Comment

It just words on a message board read by parents not sure it really impacts 12/13 year olds at all. No one has written anything that is offensive or inappropriate. So far it has just been things that appear to be a truth that some people don’t like. Only people it impacts are parents who rather keep there head in the sand and pretend all is well and not hear the truth. But since your so concerned about leaving 12/13 year old soccer plaers alone should we assume you also showed as much concern towards adults who have and continue to scheme, lie, manipulate in an effort to provide their own children an advantage rather than subject them to the concepts of fairness and merit. you know actual things that impact 12/13 year old soccer players.
                        I notice that you didn't address this post:
                        "And I put the word "unregistered" in quotes because you refuse to reveal your identity but like to toss quite a few rocks. I like that these are locals that give back to the community and never left it. They aren't coaching on a temporary visa or folding up teams in the middle of the season due to scandals. So, while you want to slight them, they consider themselves as part of the community and conduct themselves accordingly."

I am not sure what you mean by "scheme, lie, manipulate"? If you are not happy, leave. It IS just that simple. And this is not Missy.

Comment

Here is my question to you: why are you here? Why keep your daughter on a team that you feel she is not “subjected to fairness and merit”? It makes no sense. If her pediatrician was sub par would you continue to take her? How about her school? How about a friend who wasn’t a good example would you let her continue to hang out” it makes no sense to me!! My daughter, Abby, plays her butt off. She earns her position, her playing time, and her laps when she doesn’t listen ! I can guess which parents are posting each comment, yes we all know who you are and we knod you already went to other tryouts and already leaving the club and one who is staying because “lack of options” so why feel like you have to burn the bridge after you cross it? You very few moms and dad need to just move on! Remember it’s all about perception and if you don’t feel like your child is getting the best why stay? Abby is learning and growing and becoming a better soccer player, that is my perception. I have no doubt Abby will make the roster again NOT for any reason except that i have faith in her ability and her talent and because she works hard and EARNS it. Not every kid is made for ECNL tougher talent. It’s easy to be a big fish in a little pond, that isn’t always the case and your daughter may benefit from another team and grow and be challenged and want to come back: why make it awkward for her? I enjoy each and everyone of these girls and I love watching them play and i wish the very best for each and everyone of them not just in soccer but in life! And I hope you as the parents can enjoy them doing what they love. Very best of luck and Happy April!!!

Comment

Here is my question to you: why are you here? Why keep your daughter on a team that you feel she is not “subjected to fairness and merit”? It makes no sense. If her pediatrician was sub par would you continue to take her? How about her school? How about a friend who wasn’t a good example would you let her continue to hang out” it makes no sense to me!! My daughter, Abby, plays her butt off. She earns her position, her playing time, and her laps when she doesn’t listen ! I can guess which parents are posting each comment, yes we all know who you are and we knod you already went to other tryouts and already leaving the club and one who is staying because “lack of options” so why feel like you have to burn the bridge after you cross it? You very few moms and dad need to just move on! Remember it’s all about perception and if you don’t feel like your child is getting the best why stay? Abby is learning and growing and becoming a better soccer player, that is my perception. I have no doubt Abby will make the roster again NOT for any reason except that i have faith in her ability and her talent and because she works hard and EARNS it. Not every kid is made for ECNL tougher talent. It’s easy to be a big fish in a little pond, that isn’t always the case and your daughter may benefit from another team and grow and be challenged and want to come back: why make it awkward for her? I enjoy each and everyone of these girls and I love watching them play and i wish the very best for each and everyone of them not just in soccer but in life! And I hope you as the parents can enjoy them doing what they love. Very best of luck and Happy April!!!
                            It's always no-win for the whistle-blower, so this anonymous site may be the best he can do. CT forums are littered with parent coaching conflicts of interest too. Doesn't mean a parent should turn tale, pack up and move on by being run off by corrupt parents and coaches when the club, in general is a good and convenient option. They simply should do better. After much fanfare on this site, one CT GDA assistant with a kid on the team was removed from his position last year. His kid was a year down, a decent player, but tiny. She did everything and always played and always has (these are u-littles). He often collected smaller groups of kids and did summer stuff, side training, winter leagues at other places, and tournaments on the side .... not much of a team. If it was my club, I wouldn't want that strife being created on any team .... you would be ruining my brand! Clubs should simply not allow parent managers or coaches; it's simple. If a coach has a kid coming up in the club, make sure the mom or dad is not coaching their kids team. Coaches should also be the managers or hire an admin to do this for all teams. Problem solved.

Comment

I notice that you didn't address this post:
                              "And I put the word "unregistered" in quotes because you refuse to reveal your identity but like to toss quite a few rocks. I like that these are locals that give back to the community and never left it. They aren't coaching on a temporary visa or folding up teams in the middle of the season due to scandals. So, while you want to slight them, they consider themselves as part of the community and conduct themselves accordingly."

I am not sure what you mean by "scheme, lie, manipulate"? If you are not happy, leave. It IS just that simple. And this is not Missy.
                              FC Bucks has had issues with coaches folding up teams in the middle of the season due to scandals. Look at the two older ECNL teams that have had 4 coaches in 4 years. Parents are very unhappy on the 2002 team, and the 00/01 ECNL team is a mess and has been for years! These groups are a reflection of poor leadership over the years and the same can be expected with the younger teams coming up. FC Bucks need to clean house and bring in pro level people to guide the club and move things in the right direction.

As for "if your not happy leave", that is what most people end up doing. If the club was in good order people would stay. You are a fool if you don't think things are a mess.

Comment

It's always no-win for the whistle-blower, so this anonymous site may be the best he can do. CT forums are littered with parent coaching conflicts of interest too. Doesn't mean a parent should turn tale, pack up and move on by being run off by corrupt parents and coaches when the club, in general is a good and convenient option. They simply should do better. After much fanfare on this site, one CT GDA assistant with a kid on the team was removed from his position last year. His kid was a year down, a decent player, but tiny. She did everything and always played and always has (these are u-littles). He often collected smaller groups of kids and did summer stuff, side training, winter leagues at other places, and tournaments on the side .... not much of a team. If it was my club, I wouldn't want that strife being created on any team .... you would be ruining my brand! Clubs should simply not allow parent managers or coaches; it's simple. If a coach has a kid coming up in the club, make sure the mom or dad is not coaching their kids team. Coaches should also be the managers or hire an admin to do this for all teams. Problem solved.
                                I have always wondered why the clubs do not have managers for the girls sides and the boys sides. The managers should set up the travel, etc. This way there would be no perceived favoritism given. But I agree, a parent coach in high level soccer/ECNL is a bad thing.

A parent who has high level playing experience and is good enough to coach should be welcomed onto the club staff, but never allowed to coach his/her own child. The kid will appreciate it too as far as development.

Although you see it in the GDA where parents have some oversight. The former Princeton coach who is head of W&M is involved in the FC VA staff [her daughter plays]; the former Wash Spirit NWSL head coach was involved in both Spirit GDA clubs [daughters played]; there are other examples but these are local so you get the idea. Btw these are very good coaches and players.

Not every parent coach is paving the way for their kid. I coached and I was harder on my own children. Two sides to every coin.

It is a good club. As another parent notes, don't trash it; in particular if you are leaving anyway.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X