Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sporting PA/FC Europa Tryouts

Wow tonight was the 2012 boys tryouts for the under 13 ECNL/RL team @YSC tonight. There must’ve been 100 boys there. Look like about 60% returning players in about 40% to the club. While the Sporting PA disaster broke up, i there were many Radnor, lower Marion, VE and other boys there and it looked like the top two fields Had a nice mix of all of those clubs. Really well done even in the cold rain.

I know that the talent will not be as strong as an MLS next program, but it’s a good testament to the mainline can do when they put some of the top kids at the under 13 group together. From what the talk on the sideline was it seems like next year‘s top 2012 teams will obviously be the three MLS next teams, Union, FC Delco, and possibly Sporting. then the ECNL and the Nal teams will be equivalent as all the talent is now with kids not liking a lot of the things going on at lower Marion/Sporting AC so they’re jumping over to ECNL and to FC Delco. Like every year our kids have moved up to full sided. There’s always a lot of change and shift in. I think the only loser is LMSC at this point.

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Wow tonight was the 2012 boys tryouts for the under 13 ECNL/RL team @YSC tonight. There must’ve been 100 boys there. Look like about 60% returning players in about 40% to the club. While the Sporting PA disaster broke up, i there were many Radnor, lower Marion, VE and other boys there and it looked like the top two fields Had a nice mix of all of those clubs. Really well done even in the cold rain.

I know that the talent will not be as strong as an MLS next program, but it’s a good testament to the mainline can do when they put some of the top kids at the under 13 group together. From what the talk on the sideline was it seems like next year‘s top 2012 teams will obviously be the three MLS next teams, Union, FC Delco, and possibly Sporting. then the ECNL and the Nal teams will be equivalent as all the talent is now with kids not liking a lot of the things going on at lower Marion/Sporting AC so they’re jumping over to ECNL and to FC Delco. Like every year our kids have moved up to full sided. There’s always a lot of change and shift in. I think the only loser is LMSC at this point.
    Hopefully all those parents get to see an official ENCL announcement on the RL admission. Nothing released with the official branded logo yet. Know what you are buying.

Comment

My 2012 son was there with a few of his teammates. Plays for PF but we wanted to check out other tryout for experience and ours are not this week. My son said talent was definitely a level lower than what he plays. He said a few of the Sporting NAL players were also there. Not sure why since they already committed.

Comment

VE kids were there!!!!LOL..if they want ecnl-rl then jthey can ust go to the ukies a few miles away.

Comment

VE kids were there!!!!LOL..if they want ecnl-rl then jthey can ust go to the ukies a few miles away.
          Or YMS….

Comment

My 2012 son was there with a few of his teammates. Plays for PF but we wanted to check out other tryout for experience and ours are not this week. My son said talent was definitely a level lower than what he plays. He said a few of the Sporting NAL players were also there. Not sure why since they already committed.
            Sporting NAL ? They’ve not given offers yet for 2012 and MLS next isn’t even complete yet

Comment

He said a few of the Sporting NAL players were also there. Not sure why since they already committed.
              No cost to be there. That's been my view as a parent. Take advantage of tryout season to see what things are like somewhere else.

Comment

No cost to be there. That's been my view as a parent. Take advantage of tryout season to see what things are like somewhere else.
                Great idea

Comment

Wonder how many more players will come now…

https://theecnl.com/news/2024/4/3/ec...al-league.aspx

Comment

Wonder how many more players will come now…

https://theecnl.com/news/2024/4/3/ec...al-league.aspx
                    RL is nothing special any more. Everyone is getting it these days. But if they want to fill up on PF and Delco 3rd teamers, have at it

Comment

RL is nothing special any more. Everyone is getting it these days. But if they want to fill up on PF and Delco 3rd teamers, have at it
                      By daughter played Delco regional 08 girls team and ther team won and pretty much controlled the game and she currently plays on a EDP premier 2 team.... if you ask me, they are no better then any of these new regional teams... not saying they are terrible but sick of hearing Delco regional teams are that much better... in this case, they are no better... I think all the regional teams in there own divisions could be very competitive for those level teams.... don’t twist my words and think the are National team level.... maybe a player or 2 on each team..

Comment

Local township clubs wrecking RL teams. Way better talent and coaches. Hold onto that wallet.

Comment

Local township clubs wrecking RL teams. Way better talent and coaches. Hold onto that wallet.
                          Very true. We are very happy with the local township run program. Do we lose some players to bigger clubs, sure. But our teams still beat the RL teams consistently and those new clubs that got added to RL, we beat them all. Players getting D2-D3 looks.

Comment

Oh yeah! LOL

Comment

Very true. We are very happy with the local township run program. Do we lose some players to bigger clubs, sure. But our teams still beat the RL teams consistently and those new clubs that got added to RL, we beat them all. Players getting D2-D3 looks.
                              Please send examples….what township team beat what RL team and when

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X