Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL joke

I love how anyone whose kid plays ECNL talks smack on other leagues but ECNL is a joke. There’s teams at the bottom that couldn’t compete in EDP III. 09 girls have a team that’s 0-16-1 with a -73 goal differential. More than half the teams in ECNL suck.

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    I love how anyone whose kid plays ECNL talks smack on other leagues but ECNL is a joke. There’s teams at the bottom that couldn’t compete in EDP III. 09 girls have a team that’s 0-16-1 with a -73 goal differential. More than half the teams in ECNL suck.
    That is a bit of a stretch and sounds like another parent whose kid did not make an ECNL team. A bottom tier ECNL team still beats 90% of EDP/USYS teams. It is the top league for girls in this country today. That may change in time but no debating that now.

Comment

That is a bit of a stretch and sounds like another parent whose kid did not make an ECNL team. A bottom tier ECNL team still beats 90% of EDP/USYS teams. It is the top league for girls in this country today. That may change in time but no debating that now.
      not a stretch at all - everyone knows that ECNL teams are formed because of back room deals and tryouts don't mean anything - tryouts are all for show

Comment

There are always going to be teams that are out-lying strengths for a club and others that are out-lying weaknesses for a club

Comment

not a stretch at all - everyone knows that ECNL teams are formed because of back room deals and tryouts don't mean anything - tryouts are all for show
          Everyone knows that any kid who wants to play in college will get more looks in ecnl than any other league so that’s really all that matters at high school age

Comment

Ukies are the queens of BRD....

Comment

Someone got cut

Comment

Your comment is like saying Southampton would lose to the Union. Or the Cardinals would lose to Alabama.

Comment

I think over half the parents have no idea which league is which, what is better etc. It is the 10-20% of parents who make 95% of the noise about how great their league is. I have two kids who play on ECNL teams and never once have I cared about the league itself.

Comment

I'd give you the 09s worst team as that would be PDA South who lost most of the best players from last year and even then they weren't doing well. Other than that though even bottom ECNL teams are better than all EDP and most USYS teams. The thing you need to realize is that ECNL and GA are club based leagues while EDP/USYS/DPL/NPL are all team based so you will have cross over from the bottom end of ECNL/GA to USYS D1. As for the backroom deals crack, sure, some players/parents get more special attention due to donations and such but those teams still beat down most non-ECNL/GA teams.

Comment

Your comment is like saying Southampton would lose to the Union. Or the Cardinals would lose to Alabama.
                      Yeah, like bums like Leicester could ever win the premier league!

Comment

I'd give you the 09s worst team as that would be PDA South who lost most of the best players from last year and even then they weren't doing well. Other than that though even bottom ECNL teams are better than all EDP and most USYS teams. The thing you need to realize is that ECNL and GA are club based leagues while EDP/USYS/DPL/NPL are all team based so you will have cross over from the bottom end of ECNL/GA to USYS D1. As for the backroom deals crack, sure, some players/parents get more special attention due to donations and such but those teams still beat down most non-ECNL/GA teams.
                        you really are clueless and and a*shole - every league can compete a shame your daughter can't

Comment

you really are clueless and and a*shole - every league can compete a shame your daughter can't
                          I agree that poster is a jerk, but you know there are significant dropoffs overall in leagues, right? It is true you get one off strong USYS teams, but that is very rare. I love seeing those town type teams that can compete with ECNL clubs, but its one age group every few years.

Comment

"Backroom deals", LOL Do you seriously hear yourself? ECNL coaches will recruit players they have heard of but these are players who they have seen or come highly recommended. Tryouts are never "just for show" IF you are a good, starting caliber playing for the particular team.

Coaches, regardless of whatever you want to believe will always have a spot for a true impact player. But, sure, based on club coaches recruiting outside players ahead of tryouts there may be limited spots but these are pretty straight-up merit based in the coaches eyes. If your kid didn't make the cut that is to bad, and it is possible that she is as good as players on the roster but for an unknown kid she has to be better than the kids already on the roster or who the coach has asked to come.

I'm sure the nuance of what I said is likely wasted on you because you want to see grand conspiracy where none really exist.

Comment

Pro tip: if you want to make another team go to 2-3 of their practices before tryouts. Ask the coach his thoughts.......then you'll know where you stand.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X