Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Montgomery County, PA

Hi. We are new to Montgomery County PA in the Ambler area and new to PA in general. Curious about the girls 2013 teams in the area. Recommendations have been for local clubs Upper Dublin Soccer Club and Whitpain, and more competitive clubs such as Ukranian Nationals and PA Rush. Would love thoughts on these and other clubs in the area, preferably specific to 2013 girls. TIA.

It really all depends how good your daughter is. Ukrainian Nationals 2013 girls will have Boomer Steigelman as a coach for the top team. You missed the tryout by 2 days, but you might be able to attend a practice if you think she is really good enough to make it. Rush is a step below Ukies, but still a decent club. Did your daughter play first team last year, and how would you rank her on the team?

Comment

She was on the "A" team and was a starting forward on her Ohio team. She has also shown interest in GK and has expressed interest in switching, but I don't know how that is handled at this age, it was a rotation on her team last fall. She is our first soccer player so we don't know a lot about the different competitive levels of the older age groups.

Comment

Stay away from Westmont unless you want to be traveling 2-5 hours for league games …they are putting their A teams in the Elite 64 league next year ….you can reach out to some of the clubs mentioned above and see if your daughter can attend a practice …most of them will let you do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
          Hi. We are new to Montgomery County PA in the Ambler area and new to PA in general. Curious about the girls 2013 teams in the area. Recommendations have been for local clubs Upper Dublin Soccer Club and Whitpain, and more competitive clubs such as Ukranian Nationals and PA Rush. Would love thoughts on these and other clubs in the area, preferably specific to 2013 girls. TIA.
          FC Delco for Ambler area. If your kid is an exceptional talent and you are looking for a future development, than Penn Fusion. For any 2013 player this is a transition year (7 to 9). It is a good time to try to join a team that will be very hard to make roster later on.

Comment

You've arrived at an interesting time. There's a lot of consolidation in the market at present. Best clubs in the area are in NJ (PDA and Matchfit). Closest top teams after that are Ukies and PA Rush. LVU and PA Classics have good teams at this age group as well, though they are not as geographically close to you. To another responders' point about getting in on ground floor, PA Rush and LVU recently launched a college pathway alliance called LVU Rush, which your daughter would be a few year's away from being able to play (it starts U13) . As you evaluate the team and club - Ukies v PA Rush for example - consider the management, stability, and drama factor. While all teams will have some, PA Rush is, by and large, a player focused, soccer loving club filled with international coaches who coach for the love of it and want to see their players develop. Can't say the same about many other local clubs.

Comment

You've arrived at an interesting time. There's a lot of consolidation in the market at present. Best clubs in the area are in NJ (PDA and Matchfit). Closest top teams after that are Ukies and PA Rush. LVU and PA Classics have good teams at this age group as well, though they are not as geographically close to you. To another responders' point about getting in on ground floor, PA Rush and LVU recently launched a college pathway alliance called LVU Rush, which your daughter would be a few year's away from being able to play (it starts U13) . As you evaluate the team and club - Ukies v PA Rush for example - consider the management, stability, and drama factor. While all teams will have some, PA Rush is, by and large, a player focused, soccer loving club filled with international coaches who coach for the love of it and want to see their players develop. Can't say the same about many other local clubs.
              Stay away from LVU Rush.

Comment

Stay away from LVU Rush.
                LVU Rush would not be an option for this aged player, but out of curiosity, what's the basis for that view? I like everything i see from them...structured, drama free, player focused, and development oriented.

Comment

NJ is definitely too far. Rush and Ukranian Nationals seem to be the closest of the ones you mentioned. I appreciate your comments on the drama, we would definitely prefer to stay away from it but it is hard to gauge as an outsider. Do the Upper Dublin and Whitpain teams have a good reputation? I am guessing by the responses that they may not be as competitive. Being new and with not the best timing in terms of tryouts I am wondering if one of these or similar teams might be a good option to start out.

Comment

NJ is definitely too far. Rush and Ukranian Nationals seem to be the closest of the ones you mentioned. I appreciate your comments on the drama, we would definitely prefer to stay away from it but it is hard to gauge as an outsider. Do the Upper Dublin and Whitpain teams have a good reputation? I am guessing by the responses that they may not be as competitive. Being new and with not the best timing in terms of tryouts I am wondering if one of these or similar teams might be a good option to start out.
                    I think those would be fine as a starting point. Maybe your daughter can ask school friends where they play? Township teams are usually very local, while the more competitive clubs pull from a much further surrounding area

Comment

LVU Rush would not be an option for this aged player, but out of curiosity, what's the basis for that view? I like everything i see from them...structured, drama free, player focused, and development oriented.
                      For what they charge they can't compete U13 and above with clubs that charge similar fees. Which means they don't develop and can't attract top players. Rush is stuck between the township level and the highly competitive programs.

Comment

All clubs have upper tier or "A" team. I am not sure of the competitiveness level of the 2013 WRA team, but I can say that there are many talented teams at WRA(Whitpain) and the facilities are great. Take these rankings with a grain of salt, but it might help steer you in the right direction:

https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/...USA&Gender=Gir ls&Age=11&state=PAE&search=&pos=

Comment

All clubs have upper tier or "A" team. I am not sure of the competitiveness level of the 2013 WRA team, but I can say that there are many talented teams at WRA(Whitpain) and the facilities are great. Take these rankings with a grain of salt, but it might help steer you in the right direction:

https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/...USA&Gender=Gir ls&Age=11&state=PAE&search=&pos=
                          Whitpain 2013 top team is quite good.

Comment

I would just go to ukies. But so asap. Offers already out.

Can elevate to top team or if it’s too much can go to Whitpain, Rush, UD. Will be easier to go to one of them after a year the from
                            one of them to the top team at Ukies

Comment

I would just go to ukies. But so asap. Offers already out.

Can elevate to top team or if it’s too much can go to Whitpain, Rush, UD. Will be easier to go to one of them after a year the from
                              one of them to the top team at Ukies
                              Ukies is where talented kids go to become average

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X