Boys Side

1.MLS Next
      2. Top half ECNL
      3a. National League PRO
      3b. Bottom Half ECNL
      4. Division 1 or Club v Club USYS
      5.ECRL
      6. Rest of USYS
      Who cares, 2-3% off all the leagues players will play in college, rest of them will end their competitive soccer carrier at HS graduation.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Who cares, 2-3% off all the leagues players will play in college, rest of them will end their competitive soccer carrier at HS graduation.
        And that includes my son. I want him to have as much fun playing as he can have, and i will not ruin his once in life time experience do to my unrealistic expectation. I talk to him about that, and we already have awesome time, him playing the beautiful game and me watching him.

Comment

And that includes my son. I want him to have as much fun playing as he can have, and i will not ruin his once in life time experience do to my unrealistic expectation. I talk to him about that, and we already have awesome time, him playing the beautiful game and me watching him.
          Spot on.

Comment

Well then why does MLS next and ECNL exist. It's super expensive, a huge commitment for families ect. I guess anyone who plays in them is missing the point of sport.
            ​​​​​​Have things gotten too crazy ...who is driving it?

Comment

Exactly!

Comment

1- MLS Next
                2-Every other league

EDP/ECNL/RL. They are all the same. The competition is sub par across the board.

Comment

Well then why does MLS next and ECNL exist. It's super expensive, a huge commitment for families ect. I guess anyone who plays in them is missing the point of sport.
                  ​​​​​​Have things gotten too crazy ...who is driving it?
                  They exist because the best like playing against the best. That’s the best, that’s fun. Kids have hopes and dreams that rarely come true, but the ride is amazing and beautiful. I have three kids who all play at a high level but aren’t the superstars of their teams. I was talking to a dad whose daughter is a top player on our team about id camps, college recruiting in the future (out girls are still young) etc and he literally laughed in my face as an instant reaction when I asked who she trains and with. He said she’s having fun the way things are so why make her do extra stuff externally that she does on her own at home? He said as long as she gets to practice 3/4 times a week with other good players and face similar competition on weekends then what else do you need?

Comment

Every parent on this site:

1. Whatever league their kid plays in
                    2. Every other league
                    Every club on this site:

1.whatever league they're in
                    2. every other league

Most parents aren't on here arguing over leagues or clubs. It's the club owners that have an incentive to trash their competition, espeically in the spring. there's only so much talent and $ for them to battle over

Comment

Who cares, 2-3% of all the leagues players will play in college, rest of them will end their competitive soccer carrier at HS graduation.
                      Agree 100%. The % is even lower for D1 it’s like a measly 1-2%.

Comment

They exist because the best like playing against the best. That’s the best, that’s fun. Kids have hopes and dreams that rarely come true, but the ride is amazing and beautiful. I have three kids who all play at a high level but aren’t the superstars of their teams. I was talking to a dad whose daughter is a top player on our team about id camps, college recruiting in the future (out girls are still young) etc and he literally laughed in my face as an instant reaction when I asked who she trains and with. He said she’s having fun the way things are so why make her do extra stuff externally that she does on her own at home? He said as long as she gets to practice 3/4 times a week with other good players and face similar competition on weekends then what else do you need?
                        They exist because we (parents) create demand and are willing to pay for them. We want our kids to be the best they can and have the resources to pay. It’s the way the college recruiting system works today so there isn’t much choice but to go along

Comment

MLS next

Comment

GA for girls and mls for boys

Comment

Spot on

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X