X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Nope, much better options. Doomed to fail
    Well, not really. For LMSC, FC Europa, and Radnor kids, they’re&of Fc Europa, #8217;s really no impact at all. If they wanted to be in the alphabet soup, and are good enough, then by 13 they already are. For the younger kids coming up, there’s still Delco, PF, and PAD (“Hex”, very stupid name) that are closer than SpAC. If you really think that being in the SpPA system from U8-U13 gives any advantage over better players who want to be in the soup from literally anywhere, then you’re in for some major disappointment in the years ahead. Tryouts is tryouts, loyalty is laughed at.[/QUOTE]

None of current Fc Europa, Radnor and LMSC players, age U12 to U18, can play on high quality ECNL teams . The top talented girls moved to PF when switch from 7vs7 to 9vs 9 happened and some other girls moved to Delco later on. These girls have one of the best club in NE in their backyard, why play in Delaware or Chester.

Comment

No one said you had to be loyal. Loyalty isn’t the question. Realistically there is only so many “top” “elite” whatever you want to call them teams and only so many can make a roster and then actually play in the game. If this option is not for you then pick what’s best for you and your child but to sit here and act like this isn’t a reasonable option and no one from LMSC or FCE is not interested is wrong. Several parents from varying A teams I know are interested including my child. Good luck at tryouts everyone where ever you and your child decide to go
      PF Red > Sporting GA for at least 3 more years[/QUOTE]

Really? Isn’t that why the 2006 team blew up this year because most left for ECNL and then the rest went to GA? They were definitely above the u12 age range you speak of

Comment

Any Sporting PA team that qualifies for PRO is a good team and can hang with ECNL. Most tournaments or showcases have PRO teams in the top brackets and will play many games against ECNL teams.

That's the measuring stick and each USYS team has to earn it. If your interested in Sporting PA.....that's what they are looking to build..... One team for boys and one team for girls for each age group....to be in PRO every year.

Comment

Nope, much better options. Doomed to fail
          Well, not really. For LMSC, FC Europa, and Radnor kids, there’s really no impact at all. If they wanted to be in the alphabet soup, and are good enough, then by 13 they already are. For the younger kids coming up, there’s still Delco, PF, and PAD (“Hex”, very stupid name) that are closer than SpAC. If you really think that being in the SpPA system from U8-U13 gives any advantage over better players who want to be in the soup from literally anywhere, then you’re in for some major disappointment in the years ahead. Tryouts is tryouts, loyalty is laughed at.[/QUOTE]

This is one of the better posts I have read. Totally agree here.

Comment

Well, not really. For LMSC, FC Europa, and Radnor kids, there’s really no impact at all. If they wanted to be in the alphabet soup, and are good enough, then by 13 they already are. For the younger kids coming up, there’s still Delco, PF, and PAD (“Hex”, very stupid name) that are closer than SpAC. If you really think that being in the SpPA system from U8-U13 gives any advantage over better players who want to be in the soup from literally anywhere, then you’re in for some major disappointment in the years ahead. Tryouts is tryouts, loyalty is laughed at.
            This is one of the better posts I have read. Totally agree here. [/QUOTE]

I wish you wouldn’t post anonymous… I’d be intrigued to know who you are and why you talk ****!

Comment

None of current Fc Europa, Radnor and LMSC players, age U12 to U18, can play on high quality ECNL teams . The top talented girls moved to PF when switch from 7vs7 to 9vs 9 happened and some other girls moved to Delco later on. These girls have one of the best club in NE in their backyard, why play in Delaware or Chester.
              I would accept this statement if it started with "most". But "none!" you're on crack. I've watched a few of the FCE girls burn ECNL girls enough times to know that the ECNL coaches only wish they could have them. The reason some top talent doesn't go to ECNL is choice. And really, it's not needed. The good kids get noticed anywhere.

Comment

I would accept this statement if it started with "most". But "none!" you're on crack. I've watched a few of the FCE girls burn ECNL girls enough times to know that the ECNL coaches only wish they could have them. The reason some top talent doesn't go to ECNL is choice. And really, it's not needed. The good kids get noticed anywhere.
                I agree with “none”, just check the winter league scores.

Comment

I agree with “none”, just check the winter league scores.
                  Hmmm.... let's see.

The 2005/2004 FCE Elite Girls team's winter league is NL-PRO. They are 4 wins 1 loss and qualified for the National Championships this summer.
                  The 2008 FCE Elite Girls team winter league is also NL-PRO. They are 3 wins 1 loss 2 ties. And looks like they beat an ECNL team 4-1 at PF showcase this winter.

Or were those not the winter league scores you wanted me to check? Now, I am not saying these teams are as good as the better ECNL teams. They're not. However, there is a wide range of talent on these teams, and the top few could play almost anywhere - maybe not PDA Blue 2005, but certainly any of the PA ECNL teams and the rest of the Jersey ECNL teams.

Comment

Hmmm.... let's see.

The 2005/2004 FCE Elite Girls team's winter league is NL-PRO. They are 4 wins 1 loss and qualified for the National Championships this summer.
                    The 2008 FCE Elite Girls team winter league is also NL-PRO. They are 3 wins 1 loss 2 ties. And looks like they beat an ECNL team 4-1 at PF showcase this winter.

Or were those not the winter league scores you wanted me to check? Now, I am not saying these teams are as good as the better ECNL teams. They're not. However, there is a wide range of talent on these teams, and the top few could play almost anywhere - maybe not PDA Blue 2005, but certainly any of the PA ECNL teams and the rest of the Jersey ECNL teams.
                    Truth be told. The 04/05 would get smashed by every ECNL team in the North Atlantic and New England conferences. Maybe 2-3 years ago they could hang with bottom teams but that isn't the case any longer.

Comment

Hmmm.... let's see.

NL Pro is a joke compared to most ECNL and GA teams, and that ECNL team the 08s beat at PF was PDA South which is a joke. While I do think FCE has something to offer for Sporting AC, I think they could have made as good as a case to get into GA on their own or at least without Sporting as they are slightly better than Keystone.

Comment

NL Pro is a joke compared to most ECNL and GA teams, and that ECNL team the 08s beat at PF was PDA South which is a joke. While I do think FCE has something to offer for Sporting AC, I think they could have made as good as a case to get into GA on their own or at least without Sporting as they are slightly better than Keystone.
                        I wish they would have gotten it on their own LMSC/FCE it would leave a lot of their kids stay and there wouldn’t be so much uncertainty I feel like this was done so they could offer something on the boys side as well as girls but it leaves their older teams scrambling

Comment

Sure alot of whiny ECNL parents on this thread. You guys still upset about your girls at PF Buck and Delco not accomplishing anything other than get a patch while several EDP teams win nationals. You would think having all the top players in the areas your ecnl teams would be dominant but as we can see they aren't. Players jumping from one ecnl team to another year after year is pathetic.

Comment

Sure alot of whiny ECNL parents on this thread. You guys still upset about your girls at PF Buck and Delco not accomplishing anything other than get a patch while several EDP teams win nationals. You would think having all the top players in the areas your ecnl teams would be dominant but as we can see they aren't. Players jumping from one ecnl team to another year after year is pathetic.
                            USYS Nationals…lol

Comment

for those that think driving 'too far' or 'to chester' is too much, please. your kid is not academy material most likely, obviously idk for sure. but there are A TON of kids that drive a great distance to by on Union MLS, FCDelco MLS and ECNL as well as Union PPP so if you want to drive to the nearest field - great but some want to drive to a place they feel is best for their kid. It's about choices and getting to train at Chester facilities is super easy as someone who has done this. If they wanted to train around a union game - no way - but you get off Comm Barry and are in the training facility safe, sound and quick. So again, it's not for you/your commute, no worries but IMO I'd rather play for any club than money-grubbing, ****ty coached, over-packed, over-charged Delco (JOKE of a club). Union, Sporting AC are easily outclass that club already. If that's a club for you (FCD), great, enjoy, but IMO it's about damn time someone came along and put FCD outta their misery.

MLS Next II is a new league created by MLS Next. You don't know about it because you're not an academy level player or coach. IYKYN.... It's the replacement for ECNL and ECNL-R now that ENCL has pulled their affiliation with any club that also has MLS-Next. Good luck as that now means the ECNL clubs (Penn Fusion, etc) will have to drive 2+ hours for EVERY GAME as there'll be no ECNL teams at all in the Mid Atlantic as PDA, FCD, Sporting are all staying with the better quality league MLS Next, sooooo, MLS Next II is the MLS Next 2nd/reserve team which is great as it gets these kids in the same program and philosophy as MLS Next and comparable competition Having ECNL and MLS Next in the same club is ridiculous and glad to see ECNL F this up so now MLS next can be more firmly running college and professional youth development for the upper level players. Sorry Penn Fusion but w/o MLS Next for the boys, your days are numbered and because Sporting AC/LMSC/FCE now have that it's also lights out for FCD.

If you saw the registration numbers for the Sporting AC/LMSC/FCE you'd know where the cheese just moved to.

Comment

TRUTH! For the boys side, FCDelco is doomed. left behind due to their ****ty product, poor coaching, overstretched resources, greediness and over rostered teams with 0 development in mind. I believe soon Penn Fusion will be as well as the boys side is SPRINTING to Sporting AC as it has a group of very good clubs leading it as a unified TECHNICALLY RUN soccer organization - not a parent run board like FCD. Sad that FCD (aka Union B/C teams) is so bad these past 4 years and so happy on the boys side for the Sporting AC/LMSC/FCE association - if you're not part of it or Union that's fine and the boys in the U14+ will be fine either staying w/their current clubs for the time being but for the boys now U13 and younger, again, it's Union, Sporting AC/LMSC/FCE and then 'everything else"

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X