Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is USYS and EDP Done?

I am sure USYS will be around, but the talent level will be worse then it is now. EDP is moving towards Intercounty which is becoming rec ball. All these local clubs are making moves to get ECNL or GA.

LVU/Rush ECRL to get to ECNL on girls, side, boys have it
    FC Bucks/PA Dominion to gain ECNL for PA Dom girls and FC last ditch to save itself
    LM/Europa/Radnor joining a partnership
    Keystone gets GA
    Ukies ECRL for Boys
    Acela building younger groups to ECNL with the new league announced. Ukies, LVU, LM, Europa, Rush, Delco, PF

What is going to be left for USYS? 2nd teams, EDP 3 and 4 teams into USYS? With the likes of LM and LVU partnering up on the girls side they wont be playing USYS and if they do its for ego only, the comp will stink.

Too many clubs in the country for it to be rec ball. There is still quality left. Do you think Keystone FC boys go ecrl now that girls are GA? They have younger teams in ACELA already. I assume Ukies girls are staying GA? What league are Europa/LM/Radnor going into?

Comment

There will always be players that just want to play through the end of high school with no intention of playing in college. That’s who should/will be playing in usys. It has not been competitive for those who want to play in college for years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        Too many clubs in the country for it to be rec ball. There is still quality left. Do you think Keystone FC boys go ecrl now that girls are GA? They have younger teams in ACELA already. I assume Ukies girls are staying GA? What league are Europa/LM/Radnor going into?
        ECNL would be smart to add them on the boys side

Comment

they will be merging with sporting delaware to form Sporting AC/PA and will play GA and MLS next for u13 and above

Comment

These elite leagues are quickly becoming not so elite anymore

Comment

These elite leagues are quickly becoming not so elite anymore
              How do they allow Keystone into GA when they can barely handle the level of competition they have now? At least Real played against ECNL and GA teams at events.

Comment

How do they allow Keystone into GA when they can barely handle the level of competition they have now? At least Real played against ECNL and GA teams at events.
                Keystone 05 regional semifinalists in USYS
                06 qualified for Nationals already
                07 in National League PRO
                08 State Semifinalists
                09 qualified for Nationals already
                10 top of EDP 1
                11 mid table in EDP 1 with future ECNL/GA teams....

plus a track record of sending 25 girls to Division 1 programs the last 5 years along with their location...I would say that's why. Need any other reasons?

Comment

2 reasons: 1) look at college placements over the last 3 years (more than any local GA team in the area) 2) Solid premier level team at every age group. They will only get better going forward, as the better players who previously would go to PA Classics will now stay.

Comment

2 reasons: 1) look at college placements over the last 3 years (more than any local GA team in the area) 2) Solid premier level team at every age group. They will only get better going forward, as the better players who previously would go to PA Classics will now stay.
                    This will hurt Penn FC more than PAC.

Comment

This will hurt Penn FC more than PAC.
                      Who is Penn FC? I only have daughters, so maybe a boys only club but I don't think I have ever seen them at any events or leagues.

Comment

Wonder what happens in the new Acela league, when the younger players choose to play for a different ECNL club other than their own

Comment

Ukies girls moving to ECNL as well. The Ukies as a club for the older age groups are moving to ECNL only. Much like Penn Fusion and Lehigh.

Comment

Ukies girls moving to ECNL as well. The Ukies as a club for the older age groups are moving to ECNL only. Much like Penn Fusion and Lehigh.
                            So they are leaving GA on the girls side? When will this happen

Comment

So they are leaving GA on the girls side? When will this happen
                              Ukies are not leaving ECNL. Boys side is applying.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X