Westmont and E64

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which club or clubs is being kicked out of E64 Girls for Westmont to get that spot ?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      Supposedly WM board has mentioned that some of these girls will attend their tryouts for U19
      Not the ones going to Ukies. That's a done deal already

Comment

They aren't going GA they are going WPSL and playing with just commits and a coach they know and respect. Closer to home, less travel, less cost and better development environment
        It's a win all around
        So will Ukies have both a GA team and a WPSL team? What is WPSL?

Comment

So will Ukies have both a GA team and a WPSL team? What is WPSL?
          Semi pro women's league, though it's usually just filled with college players looking to play summer ball. Many teams are a mix of HS Snrs and college players

Comment

Which club or clubs is being kicked out of E64 Girls for Westmont to get that spot ?
            Looks like maybe the New York team? They announced a new partnership …not 100% sure though

Comment

I'm hoping everyone can find a satisfactory solution to play next year. Being the left over kids at U19 isn't great. So hear is what I know if it helps anyone.

As a parent of one of the current Europa U19 Juniors, who plans to return next year, I can assure you that for most the 2005 Juniors (maybe all but haven't talked to all yet), the preference is to stay at the Proving grounds which means playing USYS under Sporting PA (which will pull from current Europa, Radnor & LMSC 2005/2006 teams). There are numerous reasons why some of us don't want to go to GA, but the biggest is that the GA practices in Chester PA are just too far a drive for some of us. Secondarily, I believe their league games are also more spread out.

There is a ton of movement going on at u18/u19 nex year. Most if not all the Bucks girls are leaving and going to Ukies along with some Delco 05s, Some Copa girls and some Dominion girls are going to bucks (HEX), WM girls aren't happy about E64 so some seem to be considerign options (thus this thread), and Europa, Radnor and LMSC are falling under the Sporting Umbrella. See the link for the new Sporting structure.

Important Announcement (fceuropa.org)

So if your daughter is a good player, come to tryouts. The current Europa U19 team (future Sporting PA U19) plays EDP mid-Atlantic Premier 1, so fairly local competition, and do 2 NL-PRO showcases per year (this year FL and NC), Bethesda, Jeff Cup, PDA and a few other local showcases. This year we'll also go to the National Championships in FL in July. Practices are mostly at the Proving grounds. If you want to know anything else about the group let me know, and I'll answer questions the best I can.
              thanks for the information ….I can’t speak for all the girls on the current team but it seems that only half are serious about playing in college ….I think the thought of having to do E64 traveling to games Senior Year of HS is a little much …some of the girls work and will have other senior commitments. It will be a scheduling nightmare …and then it’s crappy because WM said they would just pull other players to play so they have a team to play at games …well that doesn’t make a lot of sense because this team is known for not performing well when they have random kids playing …so to travel for a game with players you don’t know and not perform well , it’s not a great selling point. I think some of the team thought to stay together for the last year and play semi locally showcases and a league was ideal but then this was announced. I know the commitment of playing premier soccer and the cost and have been ok with it till this point …a lot of money was spent this year on traveling because we were told this is the year, and now to have to spend the same amount of money next year or more …doesn’t make a lot of sense. None of these girls have had D1 interest to keep playing …some D2 and mostly D3.

Comment

Looks like maybe the New York team? They announced a new partnership …not 100% sure though
                Thought maybe club from Boston

Comment

thanks for the information ….I can’t speak for all the girls on the current team but it seems that only half are serious about playing in college ….I think the thought of having to do E64 traveling to games Senior Year of HS is a little much …some of the girls work and will have other senior commitments. It will be a scheduling nightmare …and then it’s crappy because WM said they would just pull other players to play so they have a team to play at games …well that doesn’t make a lot of sense because this team is known for not performing well when they have random kids playing …so to travel for a game with players you don’t know and not perform well , it’s not a great selling point. I think some of the team thought to stay together for the last year and play semi locally showcases and a league was ideal but then this was announced. I know the commitment of playing premier soccer and the cost and have been ok with it till this point …a lot of money was spent this year on traveling because we were told this is the year, and now to have to spend the same amount of money next year or more …doesn’t make a lot of sense. None of these girls have had D1 interest to keep playing …some D2 and mostly D3.
                  Move en bloc to FC Providence ...

Comment

Move en bloc to FC Providence ...
                    Good idea. Play soccer with friends, have fun, back home in time for dinner.

Comment

Sporting PA will stay local and play at a competitive level

Comment

1 team leaving for Ukies and that's the 06's. PAD doesn't have an 06 team so other than the why are all these girls leaving it doesn't affect the PAD girls who would be looking to join Hex
                        How doesn't it affect PAD? Next year the U18/19 composite team will be 2005/2006 girls. With the whole FC Bucks 2006 girls team leaving and most the 2005 girls going off to college, who is left?

Comment

How doesn't it affect PAD? Next year the U18/19 composite team will be 2005/2006 girls. With the whole FC Bucks 2006 girls team leaving and most the 2005 girls going off to college, who is left?
                          4 coming from Coppa plus promoting a few from RL. If 8 stay that will be enough. Plus there are always girls who will come

Comment

Westmont

Comment

Is WPSL the next level after u/19

Comment

Club college prep director has announced he’s leaving the club and going FC Revolution. Did a lot on the girls side clearly didn’t want to travel and like the E64 decision.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X