PF v Delco

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% agree. Delco come a long way and no need for hate. Heard lot of talent on both sides and pf came out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      100% agree. Delco come a long way and no need for hate. Heard lot of talent on both sides and pf came out on top.
      PF parent here with lots of respect for Delco. I don't get the hate about recruiting to bring strong players in from other clubs. Part of being a great club is attracting talent form the outside to mix in what you have developed internally. At PF we are lucky to have a massive West Chester youth rec program that feeds into PF travel teams. Delco doesn't have that scope on the 4-7yr old side so stop hating on them for being better at recruiting than PF is.

Comment

All of this civility is making me nauseous. Where are the Bucks and Ukie people? Please make this niceness stop!

Comment

All of this civility is making me nauseous. Where are the Bucks and Ukie people? Please make this niceness stop!
          The closer to Jersey the more nuts.

Comment

It is not wrong trying to make your club the best it can be. But it is wrong to lie to kids, and their parents and give them false hopes just for more ECNL $. People are talking and the delco name isn’t sounding good.

Comment

PF parent here with lots of respect for Delco. I don't get the hate about recruiting to bring strong players in from other clubs. Part of being a great club is attracting talent form the outside to mix in what you have developed internally. At PF we are lucky to have a massive West Chester youth rec program that feeds into PF travel teams. Delco doesn't have that scope on the 4-7yr old side so stop hating on them for being better at recruiting than PF is.
              ahhhh that would be the fault of Delco that they don't have a youth system. Delco have NEVER been anything but a club that goes out and finds entire teams from failing clubs to fill age groups. That will never change, it can't change. This structure is fine on the boys side at Delco because of the Union. The Delco boys are fighting for spots in the Union system, but that isn't the case with the girls. The Delco girls will always be a second or third choice in the Philly area.

Comment

ahhhh that would be the fault of Delco that they don't have a youth system. Delco have NEVER been anything but a club that goes out and finds entire teams from failing clubs to fill age groups. That will never change, it can't change. This structure is fine on the boys side at Delco because of the Union. The Delco boys are fighting for spots in the Union system, but that isn't the case with the girls. The Delco girls will always be a second or third choice in the Philly area.
                But ... Delco does have a youth system in place. And there isn't a current team that was imported en masse from elsewhere.

Comment

Current Delco parent here. Our teams are gutted every year and new players brought in. I’ve seen it happen to multiple talented players on my daughter’s teams over the years. It does nothing to build camaraderie amongst players and cohesiveness as a team. There is very little focus on developing the mental side of the player in such a competitive league. The worst is the bait and switch. They lure you in with compliments and drop you by year two or three. Not because the player doesn’t have the talent, but because something new comes along. If they put more attention into the players they already had and weren’t constantly looking elsewhere then I think they’d do much better.

Comment

Current Delco parent here. Our teams are gutted every year and new players brought in. I’ve seen it happen to multiple talented players on my daughter’s teams over the years. It does nothing to build camaraderie amongst players and cohesiveness as a team. There is very little focus on developing the mental side of the player in such a competitive league. The worst is the bait and switch. They lure you in with compliments and drop you by year two or three. Not because the player doesn’t have the talent, but because something new comes along. If they put more attention into the players they already had and weren’t constantly looking elsewhere then I think they’d do much better.
                    Truth!

Comment

Also a current parent and I couldn’t put it better myself. It’s been a rough couple of years.

Comment

But ... Delco does have a youth system in place. And there isn't a current team that was imported en masse from elsewhere.
                        Delco has a rec system?? Not really. If you are counting the smattering of players coming out of Downingtown area and the few Delco West travel teams, those female players will leave for PF if it’s an option because nobody wants to drive to Plymouth Meeting over playing at USTC, especially when it’s an inferior product at Delco. The only hope for Delco girls to survive was Westmont and Spirit United coming in to keep Delco from losing ECNL, and partnership is long gone. There will never be a youth feeder system at Delco because they have no geographical identity. PF teams historically have a core of West Chester/Downingtown area players and then bring in outside talent, but the core PF players are local to the USTC area. That isn’t the case at Delco as the majority of players are cast offs from other clubs. The most surprising aspect of all of this is FC Bucks are marginally better or even with Delco, and the CRUSA structure isn’t unlike PF, however the big difference is staffing and organization. Delco has no history or future in girls soccer.

Comment

Delco is fine. The new players coming in was needed change from where they were 4 years ago each age group is different but heard it’s competitive

Comment

Delco is fine. The new players coming in was needed change from where they were 4 years ago each age group is different but heard it’s competitive
                            They will never replace a player just for the sake of replacing a player. Kids plateau, others work harder and parents don't see this. Having had kids across multiple age groups and being around the club for 7 years I can't think of 1 player who was pushed off an ECNL team who went on to excel on another ECNL team.

Comment

Delco has a rec system?? Not really. If you are counting the smattering of players coming out of Downingtown area and the few Delco West travel teams, those female players will leave for PF if it’s an option because nobody wants to drive to Plymouth Meeting over playing at USTC, especially when it’s an inferior product at Delco. The only hope for Delco girls to survive was Westmont and Spirit United coming in to keep Delco from losing ECNL, and partnership is long gone. There will never be a youth feeder system at Delco because they have no geographical identity. PF teams historically have a core of West Chester/Downingtown area players and then bring in outside talent, but the core PF players are local to the USTC area. That isn’t the case at Delco as the majority of players are cast offs from other clubs. The most surprising aspect of all of this is FC Bucks are marginally better or even with Delco, and the CRUSA structure isn’t unlike PF, however the big difference is staffing and organization. Delco has no history or future in girls soccer
                              You should take a trip to the PG to see all of the little kids running around.

Comment

Delco is not fine. Delco does replace players. Yes, sometimes with better players, but most of the time this is not the case. The players they bring in have the same skill and ability as the player they are releasing. They do not work any harder than the player released. Their motto is instead, of developing their own players they scope out and pick players from failing clubs hoping it will make their teams actually win a game or two, Delco will a make deal with a player’s family and then take the group who are also interested in leaving their failing club. And other players parents pay for individual coaching from their coach for more playing time. There are plenty of reasons of why delco is not fine.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X