Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

I forgot they just beat England, France and Germany in that......

The 99% was the exact point being made. The USA used to be the dominant women's soccer power without the ECNL/GA. Now with ECNL and GA they are barely hanging on. Seems they were caught pretty quickly by the rest of the world.
    Because other nations invested in the women's game, either by pro clubs, country soccer organizations or a combination. USSF was happy to let D1 soccer be the training ground for female players. Once they realized things were getting treacherous they hastily slapped together GDA, which failed, now GAL which is mediocre for the most part.

That said, not all of this is USSF's fault. There is little interest in women's professional soccer and the few clubs we have are barely paying the bills. Almost no female players want to go pro - they want to parlay soccer into a better college and maybe a few $ to play. The motivations for the majority of ECNL or GA players is night and day different vs someone playing for a pro club abroad. The stay ahead they will need to get more creative - but it's USSF and thinking outside the box isn't really their thing.

Comment

The best teams are wherever the best girls congregate. USYS was obviously better before it got diluted by ECNL and then GA. But the good USYS team can hang with many GA and ECNL teams. And the very best can probably hang with any ECNL or GA team. I'd like to see Penn FC 04 Lightning (the best of USYS) play PDA Blue (The best of ECNL).
      Not happening. You obviously have clue about the level of that PDA Blue team. Real bad choice when comparing leagues. Maybe Penn Fc vs PDA South. That may work for USYS

Comment

Not happening. You obviously have clue about the level of that PDA Blue team. Real bad choice when comparing leagues. Maybe Penn Fc vs PDA South. That may work for USYS
        I said I'd like to see them play and that they could probably hang.

So I went back through results and found a game from last year at Jeff cup. PDA Blue 2-1 over Penn FC Lightning. Sounds like a good game. You obviously have no clue about the level of that Penn FC team.

Comment

Also in the recent Penn Fusion winter showcase Penn FC 04 Lightning scored 8 goals and gave up 1 vs Arlington, PDA South and Bucks ECNL teams. ECNL doesn't have a monopoly on good teams. Some parents just think they do.

Comment

Also in the recent Penn Fusion winter showcase Penn FC 04 Lightning scored 8 goals and gave up 1 vs Arlington, PDA South and Bucks ECNL teams. ECNL doesn't have a monopoly on good teams. Some parents just think they do.
            Uncommitted players getting most of playing time or sharing time. Not playing to win. Regular season vs high level teams playing time limited for end of bench if any playinfg time at all. Not the case in showcases.All a major factor in those scores.

Comment

I said I'd like to see them play and that they could probably hang.

So I went back through results and found a game from last year at Jeff cup. PDA Blue 2-1 over Penn FC Lightning. Sounds like a good game. You obviously have no clue about the level of that Penn FC team.
              That was the PDA 04 team, most were already committed and prob didn’t go to Jeff cup, and anyway it’s the PDA 05 team that’s well known as one if the best in the country.

Comment

Merit/making it have been in decline for some time. Being handed everything takes the edge off the mentality needed to be the best you can be.

I think equity and equality are being used interchangeably these days and they shouldn't be.

I will admit even my kids are soft but not as bad as others they associate with. Sad.
                If your own kids are soft that sounds like a parenting issue just saying

Comment

This whole post started with somebody asking ecnlr or usys for a player who just wants to play in hs but not college, but people here just couldn’t help themselves with the nonsense and answer the question asked.

Comment

Uncommitted players getting most of playing time or sharing time. Not playing to win. Regular season vs high level teams playing time limited for end of bench if any playinfg time at all. Not the case in showcases.All a major factor in those scores.
                    Ah, so when ECNL teams lose to USYS teems, it's intentional. Sure, makes total sense

Comment

Ah, so when ECNL teams lose to USYS teems, it's intentional. Sure, makes total sense
                      Don’t be obtuse everyone knows spring showcases senior year mean next to nothing. Not saying usys team would have lost but you can’t make an argument with showcase scores

Comment

If your own kids are soft that sounds like a parenting issue just saying
                        I agree, my wife is the problem.

Comment

Because other nations invested in the women's game, either by pro clubs, country soccer organizations or a combination. USSF was happy to let D1 soccer be the training ground for female players. Once they realized things were getting treacherous they hastily slapped together GDA, which failed, now GAL which is mediocre for the most part.

That said, not all of this is USSF's fault. There is little interest in women's professional soccer and the few clubs we have are barely paying the bills. Almost no female players want to go pro - they want to parlay soccer into a better college and maybe a few $ to play. The motivations for the majority of ECNL or GA players is night and day different vs someone playing for a pro club abroad. The stay ahead they will need to get more creative - but it's USSF and thinking outside the box isn't really their thing.
                          So you agree ECNL and GA aren't good development vehicles.

Comment

Don’t be obtuse everyone knows spring showcases senior year mean next to nothing. Not saying usys team would have lost but you can’t make an argument with showcase scores
                            Everyone knows the bench players on ECNL clubs are not good. That is also what it is saying.

Comment

Everyone knows the bench players on ECNL clubs are not good. That is also what it is saying.
                              Everyone knows the bench players in USYS clubs drop off even further. Rosters tend to be smaller. There often is no "B" team. And just like the ECNL clubs, USYS clubs are also trying to give everyone playing time in front of coaches at showcases. So your point applies across USYS, GA and ECNL, but probably affects ECNL the least because they tend to be the largest clubs with the most depth and least drop off as you go down the roster. What I'm saying is, you're point doesn't support your position that ECNL teams were somehow disadvantaged compared to the USYS team.

As for your other point that showcase scores don't mean anything, I'd take it seriously if ECNL fans didn't bash Coppa every time they get a bad result at a showcase. You see, you can't have it both ways.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X