Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

ECNL has been around for at least ten years and GA is a recycled GDA which has been around for seven(?). Of course the older pro players won't have played in either league but the younger ones will have, as well as all top D1 players
    Exactly.

Comment

Less than 1% of all of these kids are going pro so who cares what league they play in? Play, learn life lessons and have fun. Period.
      Because most care about playing in college and where you play is important. Yes yes yes coaches shop players, not leagues, but being in a higher league 1) gets doors opened much faster 2) will sharpen your skills faster than playing in a lower league. For those making a college roster that were in lower leagues, what level do they land in college and as someone mentioned are they playing? Study rosters and pay attention to who to starters are.

Comment

Yet you fail to discuss the other side. How many pros played ECNL and GA? The fact is the odds of playing pro from a USYS team is extremely small. Odds are still terrible from GA and ECNL, but much better.
        Who cares since you can make more working at Wawa full time than being a pro women's soccer player.

Let's try and live in reality every once in awhile.

Comment

Exactly.
          So why are the USA women being caught by the rest of the World (getting worse) if the leagues they are now coming from are better than USYS/what existed for the pro's prior to ECNL/GA?

Comment

So why are the USA women being caught by the rest of the World (getting worse) if the leagues they are now coming from are better than USYS/what existed for the pro's prior to ECNL/GA?
            This may be the dumbest question I have seen on this forum.

Comment

Who cares since you can make more working at Wawa full time than being a pro women's soccer player.

Let's try and live in reality every once in awhile.
              So how much are you making at Wawa?

Comment

Go look at every US youth women’s national team. 99% of the players are ECNL and GA.

Maybe the world is also just getting better.

US won the SheBelieves cup so still doing quite well. .

Comment

The best teams are wherever the best girls congregate. USYS was obviously better before it got diluted by ECNL and then GA. But the good USYS team can hang with many GA and ECNL teams. And the very best can probably hang with any ECNL or GA team. I'd like to see Penn FC 04 Lightning (the best of USYS) play PDA Blue (The best of ECNL).

Comment

The best teams are wherever the best girls congregate. USYS was obviously better before it got diluted by ECNL and then GA. But the good USYS team can hang with many GA and ECNL teams. And the very best can probably hang with any ECNL or GA team. I'd like to see Penn FC 04 Lightning (the best of USYS) play PDA Blue (The best of ECNL).
                    my money is on PDA blue lol

Comment

Penn FC would get destroyed ask Coppa Rage.

Comment

So how much are you making at Wawa?
                        That is confidential but Rapino works the overnight shift since she can relate to that demographic better than my regular staff can. If you want I can get you in at $15/hr. to start which is more than your kid would make in the NWSL as a head coach even.

Comment

This may be the dumbest question I have seen on this forum.
                          I am sure you are capable of better.

Comment

Go look at every US youth women’s national team. 99% of the players are ECNL and GA.

Maybe the world is also just getting better.

US won the SheBelieves cup so still doing quite well. .
                            I forgot they just beat England, France and Germany in that......

The 99% was the exact point being made. The USA used to be the dominant women's soccer power without the ECNL/GA. Now with ECNL and GA they are barely hanging on. Seems they were caught pretty quickly by the rest of the world.

Comment

All these BS leagues popping up is killing women’s soccer in this country. Look at last August U20s got killed from Netherlands and Japan. The system needs to open up let the best clubs filter to the top organically

Comment

All these BS leagues popping up is killing women’s soccer in this country. Look at last August U20s got killed from Netherlands and Japan. The system needs to open up let the best clubs filter to the top organically
                                Merit/making it have been in decline for some time. Being handed everything takes the edge off the mentality needed to be the best you can be.

I think equity and equality are being used interchangeably these days and they shouldn't be.

I will admit even my kids are soft but not as bad as others they associate with. Sad.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X