Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 FC Delco or PFusion

My kid is 2011, we are located on Main Line. She is playing for one of these clubs included into the potential Sporting AC merge. We don't like it and we are starting to look for a greener pasture.
    The obvious options are Delco and Fusion. Any recommendation or inside info on these two clubs 2011 teams? Btw. she has been starter on our current club top team.

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    My kid is 2011, we are located on Main Line. She is playing for one of these clubs included into the potential Sporting AC merge. We don't like it and we are starting to look for a greener pasture.
    The obvious options are Delco and Fusion. Any recommendation or inside info on these two clubs 2011 teams? Btw. she has been starter on our current club top team.
    from a program level, top pick would be PF then Delco. I would say most do not make the 11 PF team, so go tryout there first and have Delco as your backup

Comment

from a program level, top pick would be PF then Delco. I would say most do not make the 11 PF team, so go tryout there first and have Delco as your backup
      Second this. It's a definite pecking order of PF then Delco
      Since she is an 11 and not an 09 or older after those 2
      ​​​​​Ukies would be next. Hex probably won't be around through her college recruiting years and it's tough to move in HS to top teams, not impossible, but tough.
      If HS is where she sees her soccer journey ending. Bucks/Hex is best positioned there as they have more HS coaches than any other club

Comment

Second this. It's a definite pecking order of PF then Delco
        Since she is an 11 and not an 09 or older after those 2
        ​​​​​Ukies would be next. Hex probably won't be around through her college recruiting years and it's tough to move in HS to top teams, not impossible, but tough.
        If HS is where she sees her soccer journey ending. Bucks/Hex is best positioned there as they have more HS coaches than any other club
        Thank you.
        We are planning to attend both clubs tryouts.
        Ukies and Bucks are to far to travel at this age. We would rather stay with our current club if she can't make Fusion or Delco top teams. Hopefully no travel to Chester or Wilmington.

Comment

There are no current Radnor or Europa 2011 girls that would make the 2011 Delco or Penn Fusion national teams and only a select few from LMSC that would
          have a chance. Both teams are very talented and at the top of the Pre ECNL standings.
          You would most likely looking at the regional teams for both clubs. I would stick around to see what the merger looks like.

Comment

There are no current Radnor or Europa 2011 girls that would make the 2011 Delco or Penn Fusion national teams and only a select few from LMSC that would
            have a chance. Both teams are very talented and at the top of the Pre ECNL standings.
            You would most likely looking at the regional teams for both clubs. I would stick around to see what the merger looks like.
            Both teams are switching from 9vs.9 to 11vs.11, so they are adding at least 3-4 players to the roster without any of the current players being cut. If they cut a couple players the need for a new ones goes up to 5-6 new players for each team.
            Don't let them discourage your kid, with posts like above.

Comment

Both are good clubs, but a lot more stability at PF from what I have seen and heard. Delco 2011s are a good team and will continue getting better, but they have been a revolving door of girls the past couple years and there have been a ton of random practice players (my daughter included!!) the past few months. We've played against the same PF 2011 girls for 3-4 years with some new faces as rosters expand, but many of the top players remain the same each year. Not sure for next year, but good coaches at FCD and PF currently in place. PF I assume is looking for defenders, but given roster expansion I am sure both teams will add a few players. Give both a shot and best of luck with your decision.

Comment

It can be difficult to standout at tryouts with 60-80 kids. I recommend calling the clubs to see if you daughter can attend a practice. You will have a much better idea where your kid stands after watching a training session and speaking to the coach and or director afterwards.

Comment

No reason not to talk to PF and Delco, got to practice before tryouts and then decide. Assuming you are an LMSC parent, you've seen and competed against both clubs so you may have an understanding of culture and parents. Both good options imho as is staying at LMSC as the merger will fall apart and going to Chester or Wilmington won't be necessary.

Comment

Both are good clubs, but a lot more stability at PF from what I have seen and heard. Delco 2011s are a good team and will continue getting better, but they have been a revolving door of girls the past couple years and there have been a ton of random practice players (my daughter included!!) the past few months. We've played against the same PF 2011 girls for 3-4 years with some new faces as rosters expand, but many of the top players remain the same each year. Not sure for next year, but good coaches at FCD and PF currently in place. PF I assume is looking for defenders, but given roster expansion I am sure both teams will add a few players. Give both a shot and best of luck with your decision.
                    Most ECNL and GA clubs in the country have random girls showing up to practice this time of year transitioning into U13.

Comment

All posters, thank you for the info. We will definitely try to get her to a team practice to both clubs as guest player.
                      Also, I hope the merger will fall apart.

Comment

I would definitely try PF 2011. My D is on different PF team, but sometimes she would be invited to practice with 11 team. She likes the team, atmosphere and coach. It look like a nice group of kids and good soccer players.

Comment

All posters, thank you for the info. We will definitely try to get her to a team practice to both clubs as guest player.
                          Also, I hope the merger will fall apart.
                          I would not be so doubtful on the merger. LMSC mgt is aging out and parking the club under new management looks to be its succession plan. Not sure how Europa is run

Comment

FYI - Anyone telling you not to try out for PF is a PF parent.

Comment

FYI - Anyone telling you not to try out for PF is a PF parent.
                              Why would you say that?
                              I am a PF parent with two kids in the club and I would encourage him or any other parent to send the kid to PF tryouts. It is good club, with good kids and coaches. It is competitive but every top level club will be like that.
                              I don't see any poster above telling him not to attend the PF tryouts, the more the merrier.
                              Competitiveness brings quality, if you are scared of competition, you are not making it, in kids game or life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X