• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    All pointless

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Guest View Post

plenty or ECNL players go D3 as well because many D3s have better academics (most D2s do not have good academics). In the end that's what families care more about than bragging about playing D1 at a mediocre school. The east coast has dozens of great D3 schools and most kids will stay within a half days drive from home. Many soccer families can afford the tuition, or maybe their kid gets some good merit $. They feel like they've won the lottery.
    A lot of D3s will offer more in "financial aid" and other "merit based" scholarships than you get from almost all D1 schools as athletic scholarships. My eldest is at an ACC school with 50% soccer scholarship, but that doesn't cover anywhere near half the costs. My youngest is a junior in hs and is heavily considering D3 schools as we are being told it could end up a lot cheaper and a few better academic schools. The younger doesn't care about badge, name, bragging etc which helps as my eldest readily admits she cares a lot about image!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Mid and lower majors D1 and of course D2, D3 . They know their wheel house. All good in my book. Hell ECNL players at our club are going D2.
    plenty or ECNL players go D3 as well because many D3s have better academics (most D2s do not have good academics). In the end that's what families care more about than bragging about playing D1 at a mediocre school. The east coast has dozens of great D3 schools and most kids will stay within a half days drive from home. Many soccer families can afford the tuition, or maybe their kid gets some good merit $. They feel like they've won the lottery.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I'm a college recruiter and the idea of watching RL kids, even at proper ages, is ridiculous. ECRL national tourneys is impossibly stupid.
    No you're not

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Quite a few D1 commits coming from RL lately.

I saw it too - they were there all three days, didn't leave for ECNL. Lots of D1s and D2s.
    Mid and lower majors D1 and of course D2, D3 . They know their wheel house. All good in my book. Hell ECNL players at our club are going D2.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Many coaches on sidelines at ECRL showcase in Florida. Look it up. All levels D1 , D2 D3 NAIA . Yes they all come saw it with my own eyes.
    Quite a few D1 commits coming from RL lately.

I saw it too - they were there all three days, didn't leave for ECNL. Lots of D1s and D2s.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Many coaches on sidelines at ECRL showcase in Florida. Look it up. All levels D1 , D2 D3 NAIA . Yes they all come saw it with my own eyes.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

lol, what is a college recruiter?? Never heard a college coach call themself a college recruiter. BTW, ECRL players coming out of CA, TX and CO are highly recruited by D-I programs.
    Please back this up with supporting evidence

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I'm a college recruiter and the idea of watching RL kids, even at proper ages, is ridiculous. ECRL national tourneys is impossibly stupid.
    lol, what is a college recruiter?? Never heard a college coach call themself a college recruiter. BTW, ECRL players coming out of CA, TX and CO are highly recruited by D-I programs.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It's not a "national" event: mostly west coast teams. There are other R events in the midwest and east coast.

CA teams https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...XP0/edit#gid=0

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Where was that announced?
    regular website still has it up. It's mostly west coast teams and part of the four "regional" events they have for R clubs - which makes sense. Less travel for teams and local college coaches

https://www.ecnlgirls.com/2023/03/06...ue-california/
    https://www.ecnlgirls.com/rl-events/

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

What level are you a recruiter for D1, D2, D3, JC, NAIA?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

yep a total money grab and us parents fall for it. *sigh*

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

it's true. all this travel for U13-U15 teams are pointless. U16 is the start of possible recruiting and that's when all these teams should start to travel.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Listen, when there is no one within an hour of two that can kick your teams @$$, sure, look further for good competition. That is NOT the case here by any stretch! These are expensive soccer vacations for stupid people that serve no purpose other than to generate a lot of revenue for ECNL. Lets call it a tax on bad players with stupid parents. Lots of GA and ECNL teams also fit this mold if it makes you feel better.
    it's true. all this travel for U13-U15 teams are pointless. U16 is the start of possible recruiting and that's when all these teams should start to travel.

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
Working...
X