Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    The fact he's recruiting 2007's again after he just replaced half of his players prior to this year tells you everything you need to know
    Seriously, in two years they've "merged" together players from about three clubs teams together.

Comment

My son is actually in the same situation. He currently plays EDP ( Which we are very happy with and getting good showcase time) He actually came to a practice session this season. The training was very basic and the mood was stagnant. My son told me a couple of the boys told him to keep looking at other clubs. We came away unimpressed

Comment

If you are philly area and considering a club for 2007 boys, I would recommend Penn Fusion ECNL. Next best (non mls) 2007 teams in state are FC Delco ECNL, Lehigh Valley ECNL, Keystone FC, Dominion and Quaker Elite. PDA is a good NJ option.

Comment

Seriously, in two years they've "merged" together players from about three clubs teams together.
          exactly, he's poached players from area clubs by overpromising and underdelivering, and through mergers with PAD teams most recently 1776. Goes through players like tissues in flu season. Don't believe me? Just ask past players where instead of developing the kids he has, he looks to replace them, because he can't develop them himself.

Comment

If you are philly area and considering a club for 2007 boys, I would recommend Penn Fusion ECNL. Next best (non mls) 2007 teams in state are FC Delco ECNL, Lehigh Valley ECNL, Keystone FC, Dominion and Quaker Elite. PDA is a good NJ option.
            Agreed on this. Top (non mls) teams are 1 ) Penn Fusion ECNL (beat Dominion and Delco this season and focuses on developing players with little turnover each year) 2) FC Delco ECNL (very strong group for their age group but does turnover from year to year). 3) Keystone FC (Central PA but has improved quickly and made regionals last year for USYS, finished ahead of Lehigh, Quaker Elite, Villanova in EDP) 4) Lehigh Valley ECNL (new coach, state finalists, made regionals, finished mid table edp last year) 5) Quaker Elite (finished mid table EDP and plays in PRCL league as well out of Penn Charter) 6) Ukranians or YMS

Dominion is probably 2nd best behind Penn Fusion but you will experience turnover frequently and they play ECNL and USYS

Comment

That's kind of the MO for the club that started with their 04 essentially. Move players in and out when they don't see fit outside of a core few.

Comment

EPYSA has no authority over ECNL. ECNL is governed by US Club Soccer
                Let's hope the recruited player doesn't play for another ECNL club because that would be a HUGE issue! Not a good way to start an ECNL newly formed ECNL club/program!

Comment

Yes, my son is an 2007.
                  what league does he play in?

Comment

Didn’t 07 just merge with VSA Centurions last year too?

Also, is there some “loophole” to recruiting if it is across leagues?

Comment

Didn’t 07 just merge with VSA Centurions last year too?

Also, is there some “loophole” to recruiting if it is across leagues?
                      yep, a couple went to the first team, a couple went to EDP PAD team and a couple left

Comment

My son was a part of the VSA team that merged. We thank our lucky stars everyday we chose PDA over Dominion. The folks who stayed on with the merger are absolutely miserable. We talk often as they are having buyers remorse and will be looking at different clubs come tryouts.

Comment

My son was a part of the VSA team that merged. We thank our lucky stars everyday we chose PDA over Dominion. The folks who stayed on with the merger are absolutely miserable. We talk often as they are having buyers remorse and will be looking at different clubs come tryouts.
                          There was no real merger. Bucks dropped their boys ECNL program and gave it to PAD because their results were so bad ECNL told them they were pulling the badge. PAD had boys teams good enough to get some ECNL results. ECNL promised Bucks that if PAD tried to split they would not give them the ECNL badge which gives the Bucks board control over PAD. ECNL then went and gave badge to LV as they are looking to rid themselves of Bucks. ECNL hates how Bucks is run by a local rec board and how for years they have been underperforming on both girls and boys side. Tremendous pressure from Delco and PF to drop Bucks. The issue is the vacuum and neither want PDA coming into PA. Ukies were in talks with PDA and ECNL shut that down.
                          These are all the back room wheeling and dealing, it has nothing to do with your kids.

Comment

So what happened to VSA's 07 B team? The coach left but where did the kids go? How many kids are still even playing? That team seemed like the kind of team the late bloomers need.

Comment

What makes them so miserable? The coach? Training? I'm sure VSA was a good team, too bad they had to split up. Where would those kids be trying out at?

Comment

What makes them so miserable? The coach? Training? I'm sure VSA was a good team, too bad they had to split up. Where would those kids be trying out at?
                                Let’s be real! PA Dominion made out in the merger. All the boys that came over are significantly an upgrade to the roster that was in place.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X