Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush Select Parents

Please, be quiet. Being handpicked by your coach to be on a “select” team is not a big deal. The social media posts are insane! Your kid is Rush good, not soccer good.

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Please, be quiet. Being handpicked by your coach to be on a “select” team is not a big deal. The social media posts are insane! Your kid is Rush good, not soccer good.
    Ok, I’ll bite, what is Rush select?

Comment

What a high quality post girl. How dare these parents celebrate their kids accomplishments! I mean the nerve, right? I bet they’re the kind of people that celebrate academic honors and other meaningless things too.

I mean, they should just come on here and start bashing ODP, GA, ECNL, & every coach/club in the area.

LOL, also no affiliation with the club/program you mentioned but damn girl - you are a miserable snot.

Also, I will pay you to post your real name & standby your comment. Interested?

Comment

What a high quality post girl. How dare these parents celebrate their kids accomplishments! I mean the nerve, right? I bet they’re the kind of people that celebrate academic honors and other meaningless things too.

I mean, they should just come on here and start bashing ODP, GA, ECNL, & every coach/club in the area.

LOL, also no affiliation with the club/program you mentioned but damn girl - you are a miserable snot.

You can’t afford me, trust me! And sure, you have no affiliation!!!!

Comment

The OP is just an ahole.

Comment

The OP is just an ahole.
            Ouch....they obviously were a disgruntled parent at rush questioning whatever rush select is. Can't be so great since rush is no where near the top quality clubs for talent and barely above community clubs

Comment

Ouch....they obviously were a disgruntled parent at rush questioning whatever rush select is. Can't be so great since rush is no where near the top quality clubs for talent and barely above community clubs
              Rush in this area is the definition of money grab!

Comment

Been coaching club, HS, and MLS youth over 30 years and I find them to be very player centric and offer high quality training and coaching. Development first. Players and parents aren’t seen as a commodity.

Comment

And with all of that extensive experience, here you are on an anonymous soccer forum.

Comment

And with all of that extensive experience, here you are on an anonymous soccer forum.
                    Found it quite accidentally. Both entertained and dismayed. Thought I’d add my two cents that some may not want/need to put everything in the context of what league a team is in or what club it is. For many it’s can be more than that. And, feel no need to disparage anyone or be anonymous about anything, that’s just the forum.

Comment

Clearly the above poster is British…..

Also, all Rush cares about is filling roster spots. That’s how their entire staff (who only coaches at Rush) gets paid! The more kids, the more money the national organization pays them, that’s the structure of Rush. Kids rarely get cut from Rush.

Comment

Also, all Rush cares about is filling roster spots. That’s how their entire staff (who only coaches at Rush) gets paid! The more kids, the more money the national organization pays them, that’s the structure of Rush. Kids rarely get cut from Rush.
                        Locally it is flawed. Nationally there are plenty of highly successful Rush clubs. As a former parent with two players who were at Rush I found much better development and preparation for my kids at other clubs. The age group leaders and technical directors are basically non existent. Very few players that go on to high school or college success come from PA Rush. It is one of the more expensive clubs that rather have 2 and 3 teams in an age group getting beat by everyone playing lower levels then to build a quality team that helps promote the name of the club along with there ability to create competitive teams for which players can be challenged and developed. Sorry but this version of Rush likely ranks well below its peers. Its the place for players not good enough to play ECNL or GA but felt they were better then playing for the local rec team. They found there niche, good for them.

Comment

Locally it is flawed. Nationally there are plenty of highly successful Rush clubs. As a former parent with two players who were at Rush I found much better development and preparation for my kids at other clubs. The age group leaders and technical directors are basically non existent. Very few players that go on to high school or college success come from PA Rush. It is one of the more expensive clubs that rather have 2 and 3 teams in an age group getting beat by everyone playing lower levels then to build a quality team that helps promote the name of the club along with there ability to create competitive teams for which players can be challenged and developed. Sorry but this version of Rush likely ranks well below its peers. Its the place for players not good enough to play ECNL or GA but felt they were better then playing for the local rec team. They found there niche, good for them.
                          You almost got there in the end, but missed as you're still confusing excellence with success and assuming success (whatever that looks like) is to be the only thing measured in youth sports. I would like to see how you quantify "better development and preparation" as well a break down of who makes a HS or college team based on club and league (moving other variables), if in fact that is the goal of a player. Anecdotally, I haven't found any discernible difference between any alphabet league player when it comes to being prepared for HS age play or who goes on to play college. Some are better technically, some aren't, Some are more coachable, others aren't. Most are lacking in principles of play and tactical understanding even for their age coming in.

But, we do know that with around 4,000,000 US youth soccer players about 1,000,000 will continue past age 13, 800,000 of them on to HS, 45,000 of them on to college. about 600 Americans play pro (with the male path no longer really being college). a .015% (or 1 in 6.667) chance of making soccer a career. So, I guess the question is, what does anything you mentioned have to do with judging a youth player's soccer experience/growth and the excellence afforded them especially considering all 5 areas of youth development. It's all pretty individualized, unfortunately usually based on parent/coach wants, not the player/child. No need to besmirch a club, league, to parents for their choices as along as the player is developing in their way and enjoying it.

Comment

this is the farthest thing from the truth

Comment

Definitely I agreed

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X