Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Rusty Aaronson being a coach of his daughter's team is daddy ball but not saying it's a bad thing either.
    Did not think mighty leagues like GA allowed daddy coaches. So stop belly aching about Coppa doing this. It’s the sand everywhere

Comment

Did not think mighty leagues like GA allowed daddy coaches. So stop belly aching about Coppa doing this. It’s the sand everywhere
      True and with the shakeup at Bucks - getting rid of all college coaches - they are going back to daddy ball too! Look for he king of daddy ball BB to be back on the sidelines!

Comment

It’s not even just Coppa daddy ball. It’s the entire bubble they’re part of. It’s a bubble of favoritism and family favors. You scratch my back- I’ll scratch yours. If you aren’t part of their “in crowd”, consider yourself never getting recognition for anything despite how hard you work or what other coaches may or may not think of your talent or potential. They can’t see outside of their box. I say they because it’s an entire group of the “daddy ballers” out there.

Very limited/simple minded thinking. Which is ironic when you’re playing in the B league to begin with, but yet you’re big timing playing or snubbing girls. At the end of the day, karma always prevails and everything will be a lesson learned that should make each player stronger. Hopefully the next step they take or the next coach they come across will actually know what is fair and won’t have a hidden agenda or favorites.

In general, I believe youth soccer shouldn’t allow daddy coaches at club or at the HS level. Just creates too much bad energy. Kids should learn to play for someone other than Daddy or Mommy.

Comment

It’s not even just Coppa daddy ball. It’s the entire bubble they’re part of. It’s a bubble of favoritism and family favors. You scratch my back- I’ll scratch yours. If you aren’t part of their “in crowd”, consider yourself never getting recognition for anything despite how hard you work or what other coaches may or may not think of your talent or potential. They can’t see outside of their box. I say they because it’s an entire group of the “daddy ballers” out there.

Very limited/simple minded thinking. Which is ironic when you’re playing in the B league to begin with, but yet you’re big timing playing or snubbing girls. At the end of the day, karma always prevails and everything will be a lesson learned that should make each player stronger. Hopefully the next step they take or the next coach they come across will actually know what is fair and won’t have a hidden agenda or favorites.

In general, I believe youth soccer shouldn’t allow daddy coaches at club or at the HS level. Just creates too much bad energy. Kids should learn to play for someone other than Daddy or Mommy.
          Wise words not ideal for parents to be coaching their kids at the higher levels of soccer. Perception is reality and most people perceive the coaches kids and their friends get preferential treatment. It’s ironic you write this as the rumor is TD will be going to bucks with his kid next year, and it appears Bucks is back to embracing daddy ball - one of the reasons DC got canned was because he wouldn’t tolerate it. Not really preparing your kid for the next level when their coach is also their daddy.

Comment

Wise words not ideal for parents to be coaching their kids at the higher levels of soccer. Perception is reality and most people perceive the coaches kids and their friends get preferential treatment. It’s ironic you write this as the rumor is TD will be going to bucks with his kid next year, and it appears Bucks is back to embracing daddy ball - one of the reasons DC got canned was because he wouldn’t tolerate it. Not really preparing your kid for the next level when their coach is also their daddy.
            Sounds about right since another thread said the Ukies squashed the idea of him coming since there was a parent and player uproar

Comment

Sounds about right since another thread said the Ukies squashed the idea of him coming since there was a parent and player uproar
              If there wasn't an uproar from parents/players, it would have happened. Ukies still use daddy coaches, with one even coaching all 3 of his kids, so that possibility of TD coming over fits right into their model. #built on tradition, fueled by our future, led by the best (daddy ballers)

Comment

Yeah I guess US Mens Soccer never got your memo since they played in World Cup with a daddy coach. If you can coach you can coach what’s the difference. Bradley was a damn good daddy coach .

Comment

I think TD is a great coach and you all have no clue what you’re talking about. It’s easy to judge from the outside. Unless you’re part of the team, you should keep your commentary to a minimum. Sounds like there’s a lot of disgruntled people here who have some personal beef towards dad coaches and maybe you need a therapist to sort that out. Every single player who’s played under TD has gotten better because of his guidance, admittedly or not. Not every coach is going be your best friend- that’s life. Teach your kids to be tougher humans and give them a skill set to sort out their feelings without constantly blaming the coaches for everything. Ultimately, the answer for most things is “work harder”……..

Comment

This sounds like it’s coming from a place of some personal stuff you need to sort out. Need some tissues?

Comment

I think TD is a great coach and you all have no clue what you’re talking about. It’s easy to judge from the outside. Unless you’re part of the team, you should keep your commentary to a minimum. Sounds like there’s a lot of disgruntled people here who have some personal beef towards dad coaches and maybe you need a therapist to sort that out. Every single player who’s played under TD has gotten better because of his guidance, admittedly or not. Not every coach is going be your best friend- that’s life. Teach your kids to be tougher humans and give them a skill set to sort out their feelings without constantly blaming the coaches for everything. Ultimately, the answer for most things is “work harder”……..
                      Is he gonna teach them how mom and dad got screwed out of their daughters team tuition payment?

Comment

Coppa infighting. Spill the T!

Comment

Is he gonna teach them how mom and dad got screwed out of their daughters team tuition payment?
                          What does this even mean?

Comment

This sounds like it’s coming from a place of some personal stuff you need to sort out. Need some tissues?
                            No most def. favors in any daddy ball sports. Travel/Tournament baseball, basketball, Lax etc ... seen it all. Seem Mommy ball at U9/U10 /U11 Soccer.

Comment

What does this even mean?
                              These clubs make promises/take your money and then just start adding kids post-tryouts and in several cases recently take whole teams and displace current players/whole teams etc. who have been loyal customers for years.

They are all garbage how they treat the kids/parents so do the homework and pick your poison.

Comment

If there wasn't an uproar from parents/players, it would have happened. Ukies still use daddy coaches, with one even coaching all 3 of his kids, so that possibility of TD coming over fits right into their model. #built on tradition, fueled by our future, led by the best (daddy ballers)
                                If that coach left there’d be an uproar the other way. Every situation different.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X