Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Private training by club coaches? How bad at your club?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private training by club coaches? How bad at your club?

The crazy thing at PF now is how no one is discreet any more about training with club coaches, as if it is not a direct conflict of interest. I always heard it was going on, but no one even hides it any more. We get a new girl on our team and her entire parent-run social media account is just pics and clips of her training with coaches at the club. Sure, no conflict of interest at all. So fed up with this place. I guess its not as bad as the girls who get to train privately with the DOC at TSP. I guess I have to put in that request. SMH

'so fed up of this place' hahahaha. Like **** you are. Troll.

No girls are training with any DOC at TSP.

Comment

So leave. Whining anonymously certainly won't get a club to change

Comment

To answer the question, yes it is a conflict of interest and yeah it is a very bad look. From what I've heard it has been going on there for years, so you might have to leave if it is a big deal or you can play the game and pay more than you already are.

The PF sycophants will always come in here and defend their club because they are likely either the coaches doing it or the parents already paying for it. A lot of insecurity either way. Sad state.

Comment

My kids are taking one on one lessons with a coach from the club, that is not their team coach, since they were 8 years old. It was my and my kids choice and there is no issues. Not sure what are you complaining about.

Comment

Who’s the coach in question? Is it that big bratwurst tino?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
              My kids are taking one on one lessons with a coach from the club, that is not their team coach, since they were 8 years old. It was my and my kids choice and there is no issues. Not sure what are you complaining about.
              Like the other commenter said, the people defending it or are oblivious to it, are the ones paying for it or coaching it.

Comment

what level are your kids playing at?

Comment

Not sure I follow what the issue is, PF advertises right on their website called Overtime training. If it bothers you, sign up for it.

Comment

Not sure I follow what the issue is, PF advertises right on their website called Overtime training. If it bothers you, sign up for it.
                    This is not the OT program.

Comment

I don't think you understand what "conflict of interest" means. The coach wants the player to improve via team training and private training (and get paid for both). The player wants to improve at team practice and at private training (while paying for both). I personally would never pay for my kids to train with the same person who already coaches them 3 nights a week as I prefer exposure to another coach. Are you saying the player gets more playing time since they pay extra? That is unfair, but not a conflict of interest.

Comment

I don't think there is any issue with a club coach/DOC etc. offering private training outside the club environment. It's pretty darn hard to make a living with just coaching a team or two. Additionally, these coaches are training a team a few times per week and that's not enough for players to improve technically since most team training is more group focused - so it makes sense for players to consider outside training. That being said, I think most of the training can be done without a training and just by having the player work with the ball or get some good individual technical exercises from their coach.

I think where the problem is perceived is that players who pay for additional training with their current coach have some sort of advantage (i.e. making the team or minutes played). That's a tough-one. I agree that perception exists, but the truth is that I've rarely seen it in over 30 years coaching/training. Most coaches will choose the best players they can for their team and to imply that a coach would take a lesser player because they pay for training seems to imply the coach struggles to get people to pay for their training.

Short answer - not sure this is a real problem.

Comment

what level are your kids playing at?
                          ECNL level

Comment

Like the other commenter said, the people defending it or are oblivious to it, are the ones paying for it or coaching it.
                            The one-on-one coach is not and never been their team coach. He is coaching in the same club where my kids are playing but never been in any way connected with my kids team.

Comment

I don't think you understand what "conflict of interest" means. The coach wants the player to improve via team training and private training (and get paid for both). The player wants to improve at team practice and at private training (while paying for both). I personally would never pay for my kids to train with the same person who already coaches them 3 nights a week as I prefer exposure to another coach. Are you saying the player gets more playing time since they pay extra? That is unfair, but not a conflict of interest.
                              Conflict of interest occurs when coaches who are involved in selecting teams are being paid for training by players trying out for teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X