Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPP or ODP

We’ve done ODP for a couple years and are now deciding between another year of that, or PPP. Any thoughts?

Girls or boys

Comment

Girls

Comment

My daughter was offered a spot this will be our first year im hoping it mirrors the boys which I heard a lot of great things about. My Ds old team mate did it and the dad spoke highly of it. I was still going to have her do ODP tryouts

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
          My daughter was offered a spot this will be our first year im hoping it mirrors the boys which I heard a lot of great things about. My Ds old team mate did it and the dad spoke highly of it. I was still going to have her do ODP tryouts
          congrats! how much is the fee for the season? we registered for girls PPP ID, but couldn’t come because of final at tournament… really hope they can have one more ID

Comment

Both over priced nonsense

Comment

ODP has been a great improvement over our GAL team level of play. Bringing some of the better players together year after year. Well worth it

Comment

ODP has been a great improvement over our GAL team level of play. Bringing some of the better players together year after year. Well worth it
                Here we go again - a dig at GAL. I was waiting for it. Get over yourself and find something else to do. Your daughter was obviously cut and you are bitter about it.
                ODP is not worth it, especially as they get to12 years old or older.

Comment

Here we go again - a dig at GAL. I was waiting for it. Get over yourself and find something else to do. Your daughter was obviously cut and you are bitter about it.
                  GAL is the top league for girls in the nation. ODP a thing of the past

Comment

ODP was good 20 years ago. Its trash now. GAL is really bad too!

Comment

GAL stinks so there is that. Cut from what? ODP and GAL lack value.

Comment

ODP was good 20 years ago. Its trash now. GAL is really bad too!
                        Even EDP is better than GAL. Kool aid time for GAL fans to criticize ODP….

Comment

It is true both ODP and PPP are overpriced and take on way too many kids (at least PPP admits everyone gets an invite in the end). It is really tough to know ahead of time as PPP is working through tons of disorganization on the girls side and many people who signed up but not accepting invitations. ODP is good if you play for a local/town team as you get exposure to mid/bottom of roster of some good teams (and every once a while a few top players).

Comment

It is true both ODP and PPP are overpriced and take on way too many kids (at least PPP admits everyone gets an invite in the end). It is really tough to know ahead of time as PPP is working through tons of disorganization on the girls side and many people who signed up but not accepting invitations. ODP is good if you play for a local/town team as you get exposure to mid/bottom of roster of some good teams (and every once a while a few top players).
                            Seeing the girls turn out I could see them taking everyone because it wasn’t a high turnout but they atleast group them
                            by skill (or they’re suppose to) unlike ODP where there’s a huge drop off within teams

Comment

I think everyone has different experiences in different leagues and platforms. If run right ODP offers a good alternative for kids looking for more on teams that are EDP/USYS. I can tell you from experience that quite a few ECNL and GAL players were on ODP rosters as well. So it is a bit far fetched to say GAL or ECNL ect are better. As a whole, sure but ODP is not suppose to be a replacement for those leagues just an alternative option for players who want more and to test themselves in unfamiliar environments under different coaches who may see a player better at a different position ect.......I am also sure the top teams in ECNL, GAL, USYS/EDP all can hang with and beat each other. We arent taking major talent differences. Dont be fooled otherwise. They all cost $....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X