Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leave or stay at club

My child was lowered to ECNL Regional. Is it worth it to try and move to a new club and start fresh?

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    My child was lowered to ECNL Regional. Is it worth it to try and move to a new club and start fresh?
    Unfortunately yes

Comment

Might as well go to GA which is even better than ECNL. Lots of opportunities out there.

Comment

Absolutely
        ECRL is not worth the expense and teams are now choosing not to attend mandatory ECRL showcases after having such poor attendance
        Look at who won the regions and who actually went to Seattle this year

Comment

which club???

Comment

yes! RL is not very good and very hard to move off of it once your on there. better to move somewhere else

Comment

If your kid is not good enough to play on ECNL level it probably won’t play any meaningful college soccer, so being RL or GA or only other league really doesn’t matter.

Comment

This sounds like a hypothetical as you wouldn't find out in mid-August that you kid got moved down. If this is true, definitely leave though. Once moved down, you'll never move back up unless there are massive departures regardless of club or age.

Comment

FC Delco - they brought a bunch of girls in from outside, mostly FC Bucks, and relegated a handful of current players to Regional. From what I understand is that this is a common occurrence at the club. Shameful!

Comment

FC Delco - they brought a bunch of girls in from outside, mostly FC Bucks, and relegated a handful of current players to Regional. From what I understand is that this is a common occurrence at the club. Shameful!
                    I hear about 4-5 COPA players, the Delco’s last year team was, to make this sound nice, not adequate for ECNL level, so no surprises about relegation. It is called tryouts….let’s best have the spot.
                    still light years behind PDA, MFA or PF

Comment

I hear about 4-5 COPA players, the Delco’s last year team was, to make this sound nice, not adequate for ECNL level, so no surprises about relegation. It is called tryouts….let’s best have the spot.
                      Lots of their teams got players from teams all over LM PSC and LVU also I heard their teams have high turn over rates

Comment

Lots of their teams got players from teams all over LM PSC and LVU also I heard their teams have high turn over rates
                        That is what happens when an ECNL club doesn’t develop a team’s core group of players, at young age, that will carry the team in the future. Later on, at older age competition is to good that the grabbing players from the less competitive leagues is the only way to try to compete. Well, usually they are not good at either, because the good ones are picked by good clubs at young age, and the vicious circle continue

Comment

I don’t believe that tryouts always weed out the best. I believe that politics and backroom deals influence selection. (I.e. this player won’t move over unless you also take these 2 players too.)

Comment

This is totally how they roll. Did it to my kiddo in August a few years ago. Agree you should find a new club.

Comment

This is totally how they roll. Did it to my kiddo in August a few years ago. Agree you should find a new club.
                              Total lack of any loyalty or even decency in todays youth soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X