Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fc Delco downingtown

Use this thread for other people to share there horror stories… we just played the first year with this club and I was under the impression we buying into the all conquering FC Delco that play in Conshohocken. Until we showed up for the first day and you quickly realize that this is just a club created to piss off Penn fusion . The coaching we got was not good (which is putting it nicely) it seems they just hire anyone especially at the younger age groups.

Once you look at how much money they charge you wonder how they even have teams

There's not a lot of conquering at Conshy. You would probably have the same complaints there.

Comment

FC Delco killed off the sport of soccer in Downingtown. Mess of a club. Lionville and Penn Fusion are better options for so many reasons.

Comment

Unfortunately, getting into bed with FC Delco was a massive miscalculation by the folks leading Spirit United years ago. As one who knew/knows those leaders, I think they meant well, but it has not worked out for those in Downingtown.

Spirit was a wonderful small club that was important to the growth of soccer in the Downingtown area. It's influence went and still goes far beyond exploits on the field. They were pioneers at the beginning of travel soccer in the area, in general, and then that extended to the girls program as well. Spirit was a big part of the reason Downingtown HS, and then, once split, both Downingtown East and West HS' won PIAA District I and State championships on both the boys and girls sides. Many players went on to play in college and some became coaches, club administrators, and referees. There are even some professional players that came from this group. Spirit's influence extends to leadership at both USTC and YSC as well. Penn Fusion was started as a joint venture with WC United.

We tried to remain loyal to our hometown club for years, but they left us behind. Leadership has struggled with the 2 location focus and was not open to suggestion on how to make it work for those in Downingtown. Once Sean McCafferty and Ged Quinn left for greener pastures in AZ, things quickly declined. New leadership at the club grew up at a time when FC Delco was one of the premier programs in the country and they seemed to revere their national profile and history much more than Spirit's. Take one look at FCD's History and Hall of Fame pages and that says it all. Even the Spirit United Kickoff Classic tournament started by Spirit almost 40 years ago has now been rebranded with Black and Gold colors instead of the original Blue and Gold! What is that? Is nothing sacred?

Your read on what's going on in Downingtown is correct. Save yourself some headaches and get as far away from them as you can!

Comment

Between the loss of pretty much all the USYS teams from U13 and up in Conshy and some of the stories I hear coming from Downington I get the sense Delco is downsizing whether they want to or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
            Between the loss of pretty much all the USYS teams from U13 and up in Conshy and some of the stories I hear coming from Downington I get the sense Delco is downsizing whether they want to or not.
            I like Delco as a club, but their downingtown club is nothing short of a waste land, the coaches are terrible and they are charging top prices and apart from the training being at UTSC everything else about it sucks.

Comment

I like Delco as a club, but their downingtown club is nothing short of a waste land, the coaches are terrible and they are charging top prices and apart from the training being at UTSC everything else about it sucks.
              PF moving into USTC hurt the club too as they can no longer use that as a reason to play for Delco. So many parents wander over to other fields and watch the PF practices.

Comment

PF moving into USTC hurt the club too as they can no longer use that as a reason to play for Delco. So many parents wander over to other fields and watch the PF practices.
                USTC parking/traffic is always a mess. I agree the turf fields are excellent, but I see practicing at USTC as a negative overall assuming your club has turf fields. Turf vs. grass practice fields is a massive difference though as you aren't worrying about cancelling and rescheduling on a daily basis.

Comment

USTC parking/traffic is always a mess. I agree the turf fields are excellent, but I see practicing at USTC as a negative overall assuming your club has turf fields. Turf vs. grass practice fields is a massive difference though as you aren't worrying about cancelling and rescheduling on a daily basis.
                  I am not sure there is a club within the entire region who doesn't have parking issues.

Comment

How many teams are there

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X