Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yardley Makefield

I'm from western NJ and interested to know thoughts on this club? I'm tired of the NJ soccer landscape and they are commutable from my location.

what age group, boys or girls?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      what age group, boys or girls?
      Girls, 2009

Comment

Girls, 2009
        Go a little further west and check at the Ukie 09 team.

Comment

YMS 09s are a solid club if you're not looking to deal with the travel and commitment required of a GA or ECNL program. Otherwise you have FC Bucks and/or Ukies right in Bucks County.

Comment

Be forewarned that YMS teams tend to have a lot of "drama" because the club allows for parent coaches (in addition to the professional coach) for its "A" teams. If you're willing to go as far west as the Ukies and are looking for a club with less drama, Warrington is a good option. Their 09 girls "A" team is pretty good.

Comment

Be forewarned that YMS teams tend to have a lot of "drama" because the club allows for parent coaches (in addition to the professional coach) for its "A" teams. If you're willing to go as far west as the Ukies and are looking for a club with less drama, Warrington is a good option. Their 09 girls "A" team is pretty good.
              Thank you for the heads up. Already had the experience of parent coaches (It was fine at the younger ages) and prefer to not be a part of that dynamic. It just creates too much strain and awkwardness amongst parents and players.

Comment

you mention parent coaches at YMS (yes to some level they do exist) however you point them to Warrington which almost exclusively uses parent coaches, in fact the 09 team is parent coached.

Comment

you mention parent coaches at YMS (yes to some level they do exist) however you point them to Warrington which almost exclusively uses parent coaches, in fact the 09 team is parent coached.
                  I'm not familiar with the 09 Warrington team specifically so thanks for the clarification. I guess I was making two separate points. 1. YMS "A" teams have a reputation for having drama created by the parent coaches (and parents more generally) on the team. 2. Warrington is a decent club, located near Ukies, which is not known for drama. Both YMS and Ukies "A" teams play at a higher level than Warrington, though, so it depends on what the OP wants to prioritize.

Comment

YMS teams especially premier teams are all coaches by professional trainers. My suggestion would be to reach out to the trainer/coach regardless of club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X