Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecnl vs Ecnl_R

Hi, hoping someone can help explain. What is the difference between ecnl and ecnl_r at FC Delco? My experience is with a smaller local club that has 1 team per age group so just trying to understand what’s different (aside from higher level play, costs, politics, etc.) Are the ecnl and ecnl_r teams at Delco two completely different teams at each age group (different rosters/different leagues, etc.) or are they mixed? On their website it shows the ecnl team is ‘higher’ than ‘ecnl_r.’ Do kids play for both, get moved in/out between the two or is it a locked roster year to year? Thanks for any insight. Please don’t turn this into a Delco/ecnl bashing or politics thread. I’m just trying to understand the framework of how the two are different from one another since I’ve no experience with ecnl.

According to the press release ECNL_r aka ECRL is the feeder team to the ECNL team and under the ECNL tent so to speak.

Don't get trapped on a ECRL team as there are much better and less expensive options. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      Hi, hoping someone can help explain. What is the difference between ecnl and ecnl_r at FC Delco? My experience is with a smaller local club that has 1 team per age group so just trying to understand what’s different (aside from higher level play, costs, politics, etc.) Are the ecnl and ecnl_r teams at Delco two completely different teams at each age group (different rosters/different leagues, etc.) or are they mixed? On their website it shows the ecnl team is ‘higher’ than ‘ecnl_r.’ Do kids play for both, get moved in/out between the two or is it a locked roster year to year? Thanks for any insight. Please don’t turn this into a Delco/ecnl bashing or politics thread. I’m just trying to understand the framework of how the two are different from one another since I’ve no experience with ecnl.
      ECRL is the B team. Completely different team and will just play other ECRL teams. At Delco in the age groups that I saw there was very few intermingling at practices. I only saw one ECRL kid play in an ECNL game and that was due to injuries. Never heard of a ECRL player making the ECNL team. So if your kid decides to play ECRL, then don’t have any high expectations. Frankly, the Delco ECRL teams are not that good and not sure it’s worth the money, but all depends on you goals.

Comment

They will have the top player or 2 from the Regional team practice, occasionally, with the ECNL, but not play games. They play the same league schedule as the ECNL but play the Regional teams from each club while the ECNL play the other ECNL teams. Delco Regional teams are the equivalent of EDP division 2 or 3, so don't leave a top EDP team for Delco Regional.
        Delco's director keeps a close eye on all the teams (ECNL and Regional) so if your kid is performing they will get a shot. The PDA parents say the only way to get promoted from White to Blue is to leave the club for a year. So you might play on the Regional for a year, then have to leave to get an offer from the ECNL. Even good players can get trapped on a Regional team if the club thinks they are content.

Comment

According to the press release ECNL_r aka ECRL is the feeder team to the ECNL team and under the ECNL tent so to speak.

Don't get trapped on a ECRL team as there are much better and less expensive options. Good luck!
          What are the better less expensive options?

Comment

They will have the top player or 2 from the Regional team practice, occasionally, with the ECNL, but not play games. They play the same league schedule as the ECNL but play the Regional teams from each club while the ECNL play the other ECNL teams. Delco Regional teams are the equivalent of EDP division 2 or 3, so don't leave a top EDP team for Delco Regional.
            Delco's director keeps a close eye on all the teams (ECNL and Regional) so if your kid is performing they will get a shot. The PDA parents say the only way to get promoted from White to Blue is to leave the club for a year. So you might play on the Regional for a year, then have to leave to get an offer from the ECNL. Even good players can get trapped on a Regional team if the club thinks they are content.
            exactly that. If your daughter is on RL, and it's between them and a new player to take for ECNL, they will take the new player, thinking that you are happy on RL and will stay on the team

Comment

RL is TRASH !!!!!!

Comment

exactly that. If your daughter is on RL, and it's between them and a new player to take for ECNL, they will take the new player, thinking that you are happy on RL and will stay on the team
                100% I’ve seen it many times and it’s all clubs. RL is the ugly step sister and the kids on RL are always viewed as B team players, never given a chance to make the “A” team (ECNL). Once on RL a kids is always RL - I would not advise any kid to take an RL spot. Waste of time and money - all the RL team does is enrich the coffers of the club and league. Stay away.

Comment

100% I’ve seen it many times and it’s all clubs. RL is the ugly step sister and the kids on RL are always viewed as B team players, never given a chance to make the “A” team (ECNL). Once on RL a kids is always RL - I would not advise any kid to take an RL spot. Waste of time and money - all the RL team does is enrich the coffers of the club and league. Stay away.
                  I wouldn't go so far as to say waste of time and money. You get great coaching, practice 3 times per week and the best facilities in the area. But yes, the overall play is about EDP division 3 at Delco. PF and PDA are a different story.

Comment

What are the better less expensive options? [/QUOTE]

It depends on the age, sex, where you live and how far you are willing to drive. Happy to share some options if you give more info.

All clubs have their strong and weak ages. Quality of coaching differs across teams as well depending on the assigned coach. If you're looking for college exposure, I think the level the team plays at has more impact than the system they play in (ECNL; GA; USYS).

Comment

Just pay attention to what college coaches show up to the events.

ECNL and GA will have the most.
                      ECRL is TBD but don't expect the same as the above two.
                      EDP mostly regional D2/3 schools.

All of these teams can play in the big showcase events like CASL and Jeff Cup. Those get a good mix of D1/2/3 but nothing like
                      ECNL and GA events.

I'd stay where you are but use this winter and spring (pre tryouts) to get in front of ECNL and GA coaches. Depending on where you live you are within a reasonable distance fom 4-6 ECNL/GA clubs. If your current situation is toxic there is nothing wrong with taking a RL spot.

Comment

Just pay attention to what college coaches show up to the events.

ECNL and GA will have the most.
                        ECRL is TBD but don't expect the same as the above two.
                        EDP mostly regional D2/3 schools.

All of these teams can play in the big showcase events like CASL and Jeff Cup. Those get a good mix of D1/2/3 but nothing like
                        ECNL and GA events.

I'd stay where you are but use this winter and spring (pre tryouts) to get in front of ECNL and GA coaches. Depending on where you live you are within a reasonable distance fom 4-6 ECNL/GA clubs. If your current situation is toxic there is nothing wrong with taking a RL spot.
                        Most GA program in this area are garbage soccer.

Comment

Most GA program in this area are garbage soccer.
                          All GA programs in this area put their players in front of the same colleges as the area ECNL programs. No other club/program can make that claim.

Comment

OP - Without being specific about your situation, you're unlikely to get helpful responses. Ignore those responses that bash GA, ECNL, USYS or any specific team. If your child is not national platform level now (ECNL/GA/National league PRO) and has college aspirations, what they need is good coaching and time on the ball. They need to put in the work. Find the best developmental coach you can. Practice, practice, practice. Get in some good winter programs. Then go for the national platform team of your choice (or a few of them) at Spring tryouts. If they don't care about playing college or would be happy walking onto a DIII team, then disregard all this.

Even at the national platform level, the non-starters tend to be DII/III material. Nothing wrong with DII/III, many good players (D1 quality) choose to go there because they like other aspects of the school, or they want to be an impact player right away, I'm just pointing out that even in the National platforms, not everyone is going to be recruited by D1 schools.

ECNL does have very good college exposure often with more than 100 D1 coaches at a showcase. I know nothing about GA. USYS National league doesn't have as much D1 exposure as ECNL, but still draws quite a few D1 (and a lot of DII/DIII) schools per showcase. For example, the upcoming USYS national showcase in Florida currently has 27 D1 schools signed up.

So I doubt this was very helpful. I just took a stab in the dark with no info about your situation.

Comment

All GA programs in this area put their players in front of the same colleges as the area ECNL programs. No other club/program can make that claim.
                              Who cares what coaches GA provides if your team stinks. That most likely means your kid probably isn't college playing material anyway at least to that coaching group.

GA and ECNL teams frequently lose to EDP teams (when they have the guts to play them) so not sure what getting looks gets does for anyone to actually play at those colleges. GA in this area is weak so that means the players are also.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X