Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENYYSA ODP input

Is doing ODP worth it? Seems kind of like a cash grab, but it could be a great experience for a developing player.
    Has anyone done this?
    How much did you spend in total?
    Would you do it again?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is doing ODP worth it? Seems kind of like a cash grab, but it could be a great experience for a developing player.
    Has anyone done this?
    Would you do it again?
    No. It’s a waste if you are already at a big club and expensive for what you get. If you are at a town team, then some may argue to go for it.

As a recruiting tool, colleges could care less now. It’s a fraction of what it once was.

Comment

Has anyone done this?
      Would you do it again?
      Without getting into too many details, my son did ODP this past year, and no, we would not do it again. Suffice to say that ODP has a well-deserved reputation of cronyism. If you're not with a club or a coach that has deep connections with the ODP coaches, then you will be on the outside looking in at less talented players who are favored. I know this might come off as sour grapes, or a parent who thinks their kid is better than he really is, but this is my experience with the program, for whatever it's worth.

Comment

Without getting into too many details, my son did ODP this past year, and no, we would not do it again. Suffice to say that ODP has a well-deserved reputation of cronyism. If you're not with a club or a coach that has deep connections with the ODP coaches, then you will be on the outside looking in at less talented players who are favored. I know this might come off as sour grapes, or a parent who thinks their kid is better than he really is, but this is my experience with the program, for whatever it's worth.
        What are the insider clubs?

Comment

ODP, like NCE or PDP or whatever these parents all want to build their kids "resume" like they're going for analyst positions at goldman. Most of this stuff is a complete waste of time.

Comment

I agree 100%. Cronyism at it's best! Rather pay for private training.

Comment

What other training has player parents stay overnight to “help”?
              Seriously. Favoritism at its highest level.
              I have seen so many players advance based on relationships not skill.

Comment

What are the insider clubs?
                Will just give an example without using names. In my kid's age group, there were 9 kids (more than 1/3 of the roster) that came from 2 clubs - 5 from one, 4 from the other. Every one of these kids was selected for the group of 18 players who would get to travel for matches while more talented kids were left behind. Coincidentally, the parent admin for the ODP team came from one of these clubs, and one of the kids from the other club had a parent who was the coach of their club team and also a former ODP coach.

Comment

Will just give an example without using names. In my kid's age group, there were 9 kids (more than 1/3 of the roster) that came from 2 clubs - 5 from one, 4 from the other. Every one of these kids was selected for the group of 18 players who would get to travel for matches while more talented kids were left behind. Coincidentally, the parent admin for the ODP team came from one of these clubs, and one of the kids from the other club had a parent who was the coach of their club team and also a former ODP coach.
                  Which age group ?

Comment

What are the clubs? If you want to do odp and get selected, you are saying you have to choose to play for an insider club. What are they? That would actually be useful information for people. We can't get rid of the corruption but at least it can be understood.

Comment

What are the clubs? If you want to do odp and get selected, you are saying you have to choose to play for an insider club. What are they? That would actually be useful information for people. We can't get rid of the corruption but at least it can be understood.
                      The program is not what it used to be. It’s just a cash grab now.

Comment

Stop worrying about it. ODP is a shell of its former self, none of it matters. If you care about your kid's development and opportunities just get them to a good club with good coaching. Use the money wasted on ODP for outside training if he/she wants to improve. Or put in their college fund (the best bet yet).

Comment

Killed by East Meadow coaches who used it for recruiting players.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                            Killed by East Meadow coaches who used it for recruiting players.
                            Maybe it wasn’t recruiting and the players left to play with their team mates and play on a higher level.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Maybe it wasn’t recruiting and the players left to play with their team mates and play on a higher level.
                              Our club director told us not to go to ODP tryouts because of poaching by the staff who worked there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X