Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WNT Equal Pay Lawsuit is a fraud

Here is a fantastic video proving the Uswnt is ridiculous. Also shows Biden is clueless (as always). Excellent breakdown.

https://youtu.be/LLeAWuRbObQ

Their argument is as follows.

1) We purposely chose a contract that gave a guaranteed salary and benefits over higher potential payouts, but now we want the guarantees and benefits AND the higher payouts, because reasons.

2) We also know that FIFA pays a small fraction in bonus money to women for advancing and winning things like the World Cup than they do the men, but USSF should pay out as if they received the same money from FIFA as the men. Where that difference in money will come from? Not our problem.

Comment

I had no idea the WNT was offered a substantially similar contract to the MNT, and they rejected it. The WNT has a lot of chutzpah to later file an action for equal pay. Then to hear Biden opining on things he knows nothing about is just unbelievable. Clueless. But makes a good sound bite!

Comment

WNT Equal Pay Lawsuit is a fraud

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I had no idea the WNT was offered a substantially similar contract to the MNT, and they rejected it. The WNT has a lot of chutzpah to later file an action for equal pay. Then to hear Biden opining on things he knows nothing about is just unbelievable. Clueless. But makes a good sound bite!
        most career politicians talk bs about things they have absolutely no idea about.

Comment

most career politicians talk bs about things they have absolutely no idea about.
          Apparently so do most anonymous soccer blog posters...

Comment

Apparently so do most anonymous soccer blog posters...
            The irony (google it) in your post is rich.

Comment

Their argument is as follows.

1) We purposely chose a contract that gave a guaranteed salary and benefits over higher potential payouts, but now we want the guarantees and benefits AND the higher payouts, because reasons.

2) We also know that FIFA pays a small fraction in bonus money to women for advancing and winning things like the World Cup than they do the men, but USSF should pay out as if they received the same money from FIFA as the men. Where that difference in money will come from? Not our problem.
              Exactly. This lawsuit was ridiculous to begin with. US Soccer is then forced to defend itself in court at tremendous expense. I wonder if the NASL vs. USSF lawsuit would have settled by now if the USSF was not having to direct it's finances toward the USWNT suit. I also wonder if the USSF DA system would not have been terminated in the same regard. You can make the argument that this lawsuit is hindering the men's game more than it is helping the women's. This is the world we live in.

Comment

The irony (google it) in your post is rich.
                The affectation in your post is copious, d0uchebag.

Comment

Not substantially similar, identical. Each team was able to pick from either of the same contacts. One guaranteed particular amount soft salary and the other was based on success and the totals each team would bring in (players sharing a cut).

Comment

Not substantially similar, identical. Each team was able to pick from either of the same contacts. One guaranteed particular amount soft salary and the other was based on success and the totals each team would bring in (players sharing a cut).
                    What the Women’s team lawyers never acknowledged in that documentary was the women were paid in full during the pandemic while the men received 0 dollars. I fully support the women’s argument of equal pay for the National team including amenities which has never occurred till in recent years. From an equity position it should be even but it took years for that to happen. The women’s argument that the women had to win major tournaments to be paid equal to the men’s program that has underperformed is a valid argument. If the NWSL was a self sustaining league then the women would have a stronger argument. They will never win their case in a court of law arguing equity when this league is fully supported by other entities. Rapinoe et al need to separate the equal pay from the inequities argument their lawyers and public relations people are getting out to the public. The Women’s league in Europe is now stronger than the NWSL with the better talent going/staying in Europe. The NWSL needs to work out an agreement with this league to further strengthen the women’s game instead of putting their entire future in the courts.

Comment

What the Women’s team lawyers never acknowledged in that documentary was the women were paid in full during the pandemic while the men received 0 dollars. I fully support the women’s argument of equal pay for the National team including amenities which has never occurred till in recent years. From an equity position it should be even but it took years for that to happen. The women’s argument that the women had to win major tournaments to be paid equal to the men’s program that has underperformed is a valid argument. If the NWSL was a self sustaining league then the women would have a stronger argument. They will never win their case in a court of law arguing equity when this league is fully supported by other entities. Rapinoe et al need to separate the equal pay from the inequities argument their lawyers and public relations people are getting out to the public. The Women’s league in Europe is now stronger than the NWSL with the better talent going/staying in Europe. The NWSL needs to work out an agreement with this league to further strengthen the women’s game instead of putting their entire future in the courts.
                      The WNT had some legit gripes about facilities, turf fields, travel, medical team access but in terms of compensation it's the deal they agreed to. Their deal was completely different than the mens' for many reasons, but in the end it's all about the money. Despite poor performances the MNT makes more. Doesn't matter how or why, but they do.

But in regards to Covid $ - I imagine the NWSL teams didn't have $ to pay salaries but perhaps MLS teams did pay their players? I'm asking, I've no idea. I know the womens' team gets health insurance because the men have coverage through their pro teams.

Comment

Did you watch the followup video? That World cup salary where the men get 400k+ for winning while the women only get 100k+? Thats basically where the media push comes from " We get paid a quarter of the what the men would get paid". What a sham. Fifa pays US Soccer 38 Million for mens world cup winners and 4 Million for womens world cup winners. US Soccer would then give the men less than 25% of the winnings but gives the women 50% of the winnings. You can't blame US soccer for what FIFA pays out but it seems the women want to be paid what the men would make (38million) instead of the $4million that FIFA actually pays. Its like me going to my boss and saying I want my bonus to be based on Amazon earnings instead of the actual earnings of my company. The whole lawsuit is crazy to me and its amazing that a lawyer would actually take it.

Comment

Did you watch the followup video? That World cup salary where the men get 400k+ for winning while the women only get 100k+? Thats basically where the media push comes from " We get paid a quarter of the what the men would get paid". What a sham. Fifa pays US Soccer 38 Million for mens world cup winners and 4 Million for womens world cup winners. US Soccer would then give the men less than 25% of the winnings but gives the women 50% of the winnings. You can't blame US soccer for what FIFA pays out but it seems the women want to be paid what the men would make (38million) instead of the $4million that FIFA actually pays. Its like me going to my boss and saying I want my bonus to be based on Amazon earnings instead of the actual earnings of my company. The whole lawsuit is crazy to me and its amazing that a lawyer would actually take it.
                          Yep, it would be the equivalent of the WNBA players demanding the same salaries as NBA players despite drastically lower revenue.

Comment

That’s an entirely different subject that goes beyond getting equal salaries, benefits, as well as all the other amenities being equal. We are talent just about this country being equal. Taking on FIFA is a losing argument. The Women's program here in the States is tied into the NWSL and that’s where there is a big difference of opinion as far as equal equity.

Comment

Rapinoe is a god!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X