Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soccer Kids NY

Is this a good program? I see they do well in tournaments and in the cjsl league.

Depends on the talent level of your child. They play CJSl and never play EDPL. They’re also extremely inconsistent with direction and communicate poorly. However, they have a great program for young kids, early aged 2-4 with Noe. Possibly the best in NY for example youth U5. Stay away from Coach Jesse, immediately ask for a refund if you get him, he coaches in both the soccer kids and select programs. He has a heavy accent and yells at kids & demoralizes them. Most of the coaches are parents that became coaches. If your kid is up to playing travel I would stick to one of the EdPl teams like Aurburndale, or try a smaller club with great coaching like Play for Change in flushing. Coach Tae’s amazing and he he use to coach at Disney. Great at U6 - U12. I would recommend against Soccer kids unless your child is under 4 or wanting to play intramural.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      Is this a good program? I see they do well in tournaments and in the cjsl league.
      How old is your child?

Comment

I agree with the response, They arent bad if the kids are young. But they are not MLS next even though I believe thats their end game. They are cheaper than most programs and like the previous person posted, it all depends on who you get as a coach. The classes for the better coaches for the kids 9 and under get filled fast. If your kid is Travel worthy, they have a good travel team. But once again, they arent a MLS next team. They should be used as a stepping stone to get to a more prestigious academy. As for development, I would stay away. They seem to care more about winning then developing your child. That being said, I do admit they do well in CJSL and other small tournaments. But, at the price of your childs development. So yes they win tournaments, but your child doesnt develop. Thats my 2 cents.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X