Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marist Women 2022

I saw Marist tie St. Bonaventure last night 2-2. They controlled the first twenty five and then the defense then was just not clever enough to stop some basic counter attacking and direct soccer play from SBU. Without #7 Marist is a weak squad with a roster of over 30 players. IMO a disappointing program considering the great facilities. Looks like my daughter will not be applying to that school. Coach didn't not seem like a pleasant person but that is just a guess. She could be very pleasant.
    Lori

Your family won't be missed.

Comment

The roster is huge, more like 36 this year. It's a burn and churn environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        I saw Marist tie St. Bonaventure last night 2-2. They controlled the first twenty five and then the defense then was just not clever enough to stop some basic counter attacking and direct soccer play from SBU. Without #7 Marist is a weak squad with a roster of over 30 players. IMO a disappointing program considering the great facilities. Looks like my daughter will not be applying to that school. Coach didn't not seem like a pleasant person but that is just a guess. She could be very pleasant.
        Lori
        Lori you put your name to it

Comment

Lori you put your name to it
          Oceanside mom begging anyone who would listen that her kid is D1 level.

Comment

Lori
            Yeah, I've never fully understood why Marist women's soccer doesn't do better. The campus is in a beautiful location and they're close to a lot of really good club programs.

BTW, kudos to you for attaching your name to your comment. I'm sure you had to know that it was going to trigger some of the trolls on this board.

Comment

The roster is huge, more like 36 this year. It's a burn and churn environment.
              That's the tale on most rosters thanks to Covid 5th years. But D1 is always a dog-eat-dog environment. You'r PT is always on the line. It's not an environment for everyone.

Also, the campus is nice but surrounding area? Not so much and not much to do.

Comment

Lori
                This is funny - your kid has to be offered a spot by the coach. You do know how this works, right? Looks like the coach may have dodged a bullet with your Lori.

Comment

This is funny - your kid has to be offered a spot by the coach. You do know how this works, right? Looks like the coach may have dodged a bullet with your Lori.
                  With two other kids in D1 programs, I know exactly how this works. Thanks for the mansplaining, Karen. Get owned much?
                  LOL
                  Lori

Comment

With two other kids in D1 programs, I know exactly how this works. Thanks for the mansplaining, Karen. Get owned much?
                    LOL
                    Lori
                    I love it!

You're going to drive these know-nothing trolls crazy.

Comment

Lori
                      - preseason games are for trying out new players and positions. You're going to judge based on that?
                      - your kid hasn't met the coach it seems but you have formed an opinion
                      - if it's a great school for your kid why wouldn't you at least look at it?
                      - you obviously have an axe to grind

Comment

- preseason games are for trying out new players and positions. You're going to judge based on that?
                        - your kid hasn't met the coach it seems but you have formed an opinion
                        - if it's a great school for your kid why wouldn't you at least look at it?
                        - you obviously have an axe to grind
                        Except it wasn't an exhibition/pre-season game.

https://goredfoxes.com/sports/womens.../schedule/2022

Comment

a continuation of complaints about Marist?

​​​​​​http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/forum/...h-in-name-only

Comment

It does seem like someone has an axe to grind

Comment

Looks like it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X