2007 girls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems you forgot that we were supposed to be talking about the best programs.

Comment

I think only 2 years in and their 04 team went to nationals and the 07 team div 1 and climbing up after only 1 season, they are doing pretty well. What has any Barca team on the girls side in 5 years? Nothing..
      I think they are off to a great start

Comment

Its World Class and then the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
          I think only 2 years in and their 04 team went to nationals and the 07 team div 1 and climbing up after only 1 season, they are doing pretty well. What has any Barca team on the girls side in 5 years? Nothing..
          Slammers vs Barca? Which midget is taller?

Comment

Haha, too funny

Comment

I think it goes about like this:

1. World Class

2. SUSA
              3. NYSC

4. LISC
              5. EMSC

Comment

Yes, their 04 Boys team went to nationals not their girls team. Also, this team was basically a lift and shift team that came from another club. They were not developed there and are no barometer for what they can provide.

As to 07 girls team, yes, a third place is a good start. However, their division was weakened at both top and bottom. Surf’s departure to the Academy division removed the best team, who had run roughshod over the division for several years, and the bottom, EI is a team that should not have been placed there based on past performance and there was no need two have two mediocre SB/LGN teams. One would have sufficed. Obviously, you play what’s on your schedule but let’s no have parades yet. Next season will be a better indication as teams get relegated and promoted, although South Shore has lost 3 starters, including their goalie, so they will be weakened.

As to Barca, their girls program, if you want to call it something, is an utter joke. At this point, they really should pack it in and just be a boys program but that would mean missing out on money, which they won’t do. However, if you have a daughter who plays soccer, Barca is not a place to go.

Comment

Yes, their 04 Boys team went to nationals not their girls team. Also, this team was basically a lift and shift team that came from another club. They were not developed there and are no barometer for what they can provide.

As to 07 girls team, yes, a third place is a good start. However, their division was weakened at both top and bottom. Surf’s departure to the Academy division removed the best team, who had run roughshod over the division for several years, and the bottom, EI is a team that should not have been placed there based on past performance and there was no need two have two mediocre SB/LGN teams. One would have sufficed. Obviously, you play what’s on your schedule but let’s no have parades yet. Next season will be a better indication as teams get relegated and promoted, although South Shore has lost 3 starters, including their goalie, so they will be weakened.

As to Barca, their girls program, if you want to call it something, is an utter joke. At this point, they really should pack it in and just be a boys program but that would mean missing out on money, which they won’t do. However, if you have a daughter who plays soccer, Barca is not a place to go.
                  Slammers 07 team is much stronger with new additions!

Comment

Slammers 07 team is much stronger with new additions!
                    from the Susa RL team??

Comment

Well, all Slammers girls top teams will be playing in the Academy division of USYS NL North Atlantic this coming year. The division is a hodgepodge of A teams and B teams. For instance, Surf is putting their B teams there while their A teams play Elite 64 and CSA top teams play GAL and B or C teams play in this division.

Let’s see how they do.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X