Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYCFC doing poor job developing talent

I just checked the rosters of the USNT for men U23, U20, U17 and another age that I can't remember. No representation from NYCFC. Phili Union seems to produce consistent talent, LA Galaxy and a few others as well.

With the amount of talent NYCFC has access to in the tri-state area NYCFC is really not only dropping the ball big time but also ruining players from reaching their full expectations.

Before anyone starts bashing me as a disgruntled parent...I have no player in NYCFC or any MLS team.

I'm just upset about the players we promote to the National Teams and these MLS teams, their scouts and their development personnel have to stop wasting their time and money and start taking pride in what they are supposed to be doing. I'm convinced that they just don't care enough.

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    I just checked the rosters of the USNT for men U23, U20, U17 and another age that I can't remember. No representation from NYCFC. Phili Union seems to produce consistent talent, LA Galaxy and a few others as well.

With the amount of talent NYCFC has access to in the tri-state area NYCFC is really not only dropping the ball big time but also ruining players from reaching their full expectations.

Before anyone starts bashing me as a disgruntled parent...I have no player in NYCFC or any MLS team.

I'm just upset about the players we promote to the National Teams and these MLS teams, their scouts and their development personnel have to stop wasting their time and money and start taking pride in what they are supposed to be doing. I'm convinced that they just don't care enough.

there are two pro clubs in the area battling for talent. nycfc has developed a good number of home growns in a short amount of time. nor should nt picks in one moment of time be used as a proxy for club development. there's a whole lot of factors that go into those decisions

Comment

Joe Scally played NYCFC and he is on the USMNT now.

Comment

And for that matter James Sands plays for Rangers FC, Andres Jasson, Tayvon Gray and Justin Haak play for NYCFC MLS team. Will Sands plays for Columbus Crew. Harrison Robledo plays for FC Cincinnati.

Comment

And for that matter James Sands plays for Rangers FC, Andres Jasson, Tayvon Gray and Justin Haak play for NYCFC MLS team. Will Sands plays for Columbus Crew. Harrison Robledo plays for FC Cincinnati.
          Those are all players from the Claudio Reyna Academy days. Talk about a huge drop off in development since. NYCFC helped develop all of that talent mentioned in the above post and absolutely nothing since he left

Comment

Those are all players from the Claudio Reyna Academy days. Talk about a huge drop off in development since. NYCFC helped develop all of that talent mentioned in the above post and absolutely nothing since he left
            Joe Scally is only 19. A few of the others aren't any older. They are recent graduates. And several of the current NYCFC youth players have played on the U15 and U17 teams recently, even if they aren't on the squads from this very minute.

Comment

Are we also forgetting about all of the players that NYCFC sells to Europe to play professionally also?

Comment

Are we also forgetting about all of the players that NYCFC sells to Europe to play professionally also?
                Yeah, I don't know what this guy is complaining about.

Comment

Yeah, I don't know what this guy is complaining about.
                  And claimed he wasn't complaining lol

Comment

You're still talking about players from the Claudio Reyna days. Absolutely nothing developed since that group with Scally, Reyna, Haakon, Sands etc.

Every example you guys bring up is from the same era of players. Thd only players who have succeeded out of the NYCFC academy since then have had to leave NYCFC in order to find some success

FC Dallas, Red Bulls, LA Galaxy to name a few are consistently producing talent

P.S. Who said I wasn't complaining? I am complaining....the USMNT is missing out on great potential talent that never gets a chance to reach the next level

Comment

You're still talking about players from the Claudio Reyna days. Absolutely nothing developed since that group with Scally, Reyna, Haakon, Sands etc.

Every example you guys bring up is from the same era of players. Thd only players who have succeeded out of the NYCFC academy since then have had to leave NYCFC in order to find some success

FC Dallas, Red Bulls, LA Galaxy to name a few are consistently producing talent

P.S. Who said I wasn't complaining? I am complaining....the USMNT is missing out on great potential talent that never gets a chance to reach the next level
                      It's not a perfect science, some are selected for specific roster needs, and rosters change. It's the ultimate tip of the pyramid and not everyone will make it, not even great players. Also all those clubs have been around longer thus have more experience in talent development and the process. There are other clubs with weaker records than NYC.

Anyway, what makes you more qualified to judge talent nationwide?

Comment

It's not a perfect science, some are selected for specific roster needs, and rosters change. It's the ultimate tip of the pyramid and not everyone will make it, not even great players. Also all those clubs have been around longer thus have more experience in talent development and the process. There are other clubs with weaker records than NYC.

Anyway, what makes you more qualified to judge talent nationwide?
                        I respect your answer. But I'm not saying I'm qualified to judge nationwide talent. I've just seen Great players at the young ages ar the academy who look so special and then you see the U17, U19 Etc USMNT and the talent doesnt look as good as what was the expected potential at the youth level.

I know it's not a science. But I know of at least 2 youth players who left NYCFC because they werent playing enough and/or werent getting developed and the made it to the Youth National Teams through other academies.

With the wealth of talent that goes through NYCFC I just wish they would do a better job

Comment

I respect your answer. But I'm not saying I'm qualified to judge nationwide talent. I've just seen Great players at the young ages ar the academy who look so special and then you see the U17, U19 Etc USMNT and the talent doesnt look as good as what was the expected potential at the youth level.

I know it's not a science. But I know of at least 2 youth players who left NYCFC because they werent playing enough and/or werent getting developed and the made it to the Youth National Teams through other academies.

With the wealth of talent that goes through NYCFC I just wish they would do a better job
                          Diego Rossi and Christian McFarlane from NYCFC are on the U17 squad. Diego also plays for the U19 squad.

So why did you think there were no NYCFC players on the youth teams?

Comment

Diego Rossi and Christian McFarlane from NYCFC are on the U17 squad. Diego also plays for the U19 squad.

So why did you think there were no NYCFC players on the youth teams?
                            Thread op said he "just checked " rosters. Rosters change, maybe hes not looking at the right ines, and like you said there's been plenty who have made squads from NYCFC. And some local top players are going to play for the Red Bulls if they can. The stronger club will always be a draw. That doesn't make NYCFC bad.

Comment

Wait, you claim you're not with NYCFC (so that's already weird) but you've seen "special " players they have that aren't on NT squads? Yeah, you're not qualified to judge talent not only at the club or for US teams.

More importantly many seemingly talented players won't make it to the top. It's fluid as players go through puberty, but also their mental toughness plays a huge role at U15 and up. Top players put in the hard work on their own. Top players don't let setbacks get them down. A club doesn't develop that. That comes from the player. It's something that comes from within.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X