Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYCFC girls

Is anyone willing to share some totally biased and anonymous insights into this program? On the surface, it seems like a well-intentioned platform to develop girls’ teams. I’m interested in hearing perspectives on the quality of coaching and players.

Are you talking about WCFC?

Comment

No they are talking about a new NYFC academy for girls.
      They have try outs.
      the club academies are coming...it’s a matter of time.
      Barca / NYFC....there will be more.
      Wondering if NYFC will have a real academy training coming from Manchester City...
      It makes financial sense for these clubs.
      they expand the brand, can scout good talent, and can train the talent pool AND get revenue!

Comment

Yes, I was referring to the NYCFC girls development teams that launched last year and the expansion planned for next season. This is totally detached from the WCFC partnership that was part of the DA. The program, from what I understand, is supporting a 2008/2009 team for the 22/23 season. With it being new, I am wondering if making a move at this stage is the right choice, especially given the “newness” of the program?

Comment

The red flag I have on it is they already dropped girls teams once. why do they want it now? Probably to help subsidize their free boys teams. Even though we once joined a new club and it worked out well, in general I think it's best to avoid another year to see what happens. It takes a few years for a new club to prove themselves, and if your player is good enough for that team they should be able to land a spot later.

Comment

I would look at what became of the NYRB girls program and assume it will unfold similarly. They had good teams, promised they'd get DA/ECNL, ultimately never bothered but they brought in some cash to pay for the free to play boys academy teams. They tried to package up their training and connections to other clubs for when players made the step up from EDP but most people realized they could just stay more locally and make the jump instead. NYCFC will never put a dime into the girls program. It has to turn profit so the money can funnel to coaches pockets after they pull the money to support the MLSN teams. If they were serious, why would it be in Danbury, CT?

Comment

MLS clubs barely want to train the boys they have - they're interested in maybe 5 kids that they might make a few $ off of someday. They have no incentive at all to build a girls program other than to use the profits to fund the free boys teams. I agree with above that their dropping girls before is a huge red flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                Is anyone willing to share some totally biased and anonymous insights into this program? On the surface, it seems like a well-intentioned platform to develop girls’ teams. I’m interested in hearing perspectives on the quality of coaching and players.
                Find a quality ECNL club instead. GA is a flailing league already.

Comment

Find a quality ECNL club instead. GA is a flailing league already.
                  True but WCFC is loaded, PDA is too far. Any other options? Is EDP even an option vs GA???

Comment

True but WCFC is loaded, PDA is too far. Any other options? Is EDP even an option vs GA???
                    Top bracket EDP yes. Anything below that no

Comment

Top bracket EDP yes. Anything below that no
                      Top Bracket EDP is actually better competition than GA at the moment. That may change if the domino effect to GA clubs leaving to ECNL and then EDP clubs backfilling GA for the clubs that leave.

Comment

Top Bracket EDP is actually better competition than GA at the moment. That may change if the domino effect to GA clubs leaving to ECNL and then EDP clubs backfilling GA for the clubs that leave.
                        And you don't have to go to Syracuse in EDP.

Comment

Very much on point

Comment

Very much on point
                            How is the club v club division?

Comment

agree 100% the same on the boys side…
                              Too two Braket EDP boys better competition than ECNL

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X