Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Class FC

Where does world class FC have their practices? How's their girls' program compared with other clubs in tri-state?

Google is your friend.

Comment

They practice and play in orangeburg and the program is very competitive. They have teams of multiple levels but if youre looking at ecnl, they are very good at aggregating talent.

Comment

They have the top girls teams in their geography at the older ages - ECNL and ECNL-R league. They also have lots of other girls teams. It’s a huge club with a huge facility that is basically unmatched. Multiple turf fields (like 7) and all with lights all in one place. Not the move central location however. annual dues are more affordable because of their scale and the facility is associated with the town somehow. But if coming from Westchester or further need to deal with the TZ bridge.

Comment

WC also has the same issues you hear about for pda or match fit. Virtually constant recruiting, win at all costs mentality. They are good if a player is really ready but player needs to he mentally strong. U14+ rosters for ecnl are probably 90%+ players who did not play there as u littles.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
            WC also has the same issues you hear about for pda or match fit. Virtually constant recruiting, win at all costs mentality. They are good if a player is really ready but player needs to he mentally strong. U14+ rosters for ecnl are probably 90%+ players who did not play there as u littles.
            My D played at WC for 8 years before graduating. Not sure I ever saw "constant recruiting". Definitely saw lots of new kids come to tryouts each year, and no question that they are willing drop end-of-the-roster players if they can replace them with stronger players. But I don't think I've ever seen coaches there actively recruiting players from other clubs and teams. D was on 2nd team, and from U11-U15, we saw 5-6 new players join the team each year (while keeping roster at 18, so yes players were cut in order to make room for those players). From U16-U18, roster was more stable, adding 2-3 players each year while actually dropping more than that (with kids deciding they weren't going to play in college so they left for clubs with less travel). U18 team only had 16 players.

Comment

Sounds good for strong players who could not play in their U-littles.

Comment

They have the top girls teams in their geography at the older ages - ECNL and ECNL-R league. They also have lots of other girls teams. It’s a huge club with a huge facility that is basically unmatched. Multiple turf fields (like 7) and all with lights all in one place. Not the move central location however. annual dues are more affordable because of their scale and the facility is associated with the town somehow. But if coming from Westchester or further need to deal with the TZ bridge.
                Do they have indoor facilities for winter practice?

Comment

My D played at WC for 8 years before graduating. Not sure I ever saw "constant recruiting". Definitely saw lots of new kids come to tryouts each year, and no question that they are willing drop end-of-the-roster players if they can replace them with stronger players. But I don't think I've ever seen coaches there actively recruiting players from other clubs and teams. D was on 2nd team, and from U11-U15, we saw 5-6 new players join the team each year (while keeping roster at 18, so yes players were cut in order to make room for those players). From U16-U18, roster was more stable, adding 2-3 players each year while actually dropping more than that (with kids deciding they weren't going to play in college so they left for clubs with less travel). U18 team only had 16 players.
                  Replacing 5-6 players per year out of 18 is quite aggressive. But otherwise they probably could not compete at national level.

Comment

Replacing 5-6 players per year out of 18 is quite aggressive. But otherwise they probably could not compete at national level.
                    Yea, but as mentioned, WC coaches were not constantly or actively recruiting for these new players, these players came to tryouts on their own accord.

Comment

They advertise winter programs in Ramsey NJ. I don’t now what the teams do but Most bigger clubs try to maximize outdoor field usage (saves money; indoor field are expensive and the outdoor fields are already a sunk cost) even in winter so probably still playing outside now until it’s too cold / snow covered. Someone else may have more info.

Comment

Teams practice in teaneck NJ for winter.

Comment

Teams practice in teaneck NJ for winter.
                          WCFC teams have used Teaneck Armory, The Arena in Paramus and West Rock in Nanuet. Depends a bit on the team and the coach. And yes, many of the teams try to use the outdoor facility in Orangeburg if weather permits as it gets closer to the start of the spring season (or prepping for Penn Fusion showcase in February).

Comment

They advertise winter programs in Ramsey NJ. I don’t now what the teams do but Most bigger clubs try to maximize outdoor field usage (saves money; indoor field are expensive and the outdoor fields are already a sunk cost) even in winter so probably still playing outside now until it’s too cold / snow covered. Someone else may have more info.
                            You have to contract early for winter space. Some years you get lucky with easy winters, others you don't. So while it's desired to do outdoor when you can,if the weather is mild you're not getting your indoor money back. Don't plan well; for a bad winter and parents lose their sh*t

Comment

2 years ago there was no snow and a mild winter, so it was fine to maximize outdoors especially since it was a few years running like that. Last year the snow was bad and they lost many weeks of training and started doing silly zooms and practicing in the parking lot, so people went crazy. This year its a mix of indoor and outdoor so worst case the teams will always get at least a day of practice or so. I am sure many peiple will still be unhappy. Agree it is hard to predict and commit $$$.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X