X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Are they on a suicide mission?

"Le Moyne College is looking at moving the school's athletic program up to Division I. Le Moyne President Linda LeMura told Syracuse.com that the school has hired a consultant to assess the feasibility of a move from Division II and has begun a series of conversations on campus to discuss the potential impact."

Radio interview here.

https://www.localsyr.com/sports/loca...to-division-i/
    Dumb move for a no name smaller school.

Comment

Dumb move for a no name smaller school.
      Clearly you don't know anything about the College.

Comment

Under 3000 students, Jesuit (not for everyone) not even in the top ten for the NE let alone nationally ranked. Going D1 isn't help a school like that.

Comment

Looks like Kathy brawn left Lemoyne for smith college . Lasts 5 months didn't coach a game . No announcement by Lemoyne . Only 24 days to first game with no head coach.

Comment

Looks like Kathy brawn left Lemoyne for smith college . Lasts 5 months didn't coach a game . No announcement by Lemoyne . Only 24 days to first game with no head coach.
            They'll probably just promote an assistant to make it easier/faster

Comment

Holy crap! That's insane!

I was wondering why Le Moyne hadn't updated their directory with her contact information.

First time I've ever seen a coach have a posting on the website of two separate colleges announcing their hiring.

1. Le Moyne

2. Smith College

No mention in the Smith College announcement about her working at Le Moyne for five months.

Comment

Lemoyne is down to one assistant coach who was hired a month ago .

Comment

Lemoyne is down to one assistant coach who was hired a month ago .
                  If the above is true she's either 1) incredibly unprofessional 2) she realized the place is a disaster and it was better to bail quickly. Whatever is going on the players are the ones stuck in a bad situation

Comment

August 3rd no head coach 1 assistant coach . First game august 25th . Never seen that before at the d2 level.

Comment

They found an interim coach . Hasn't coach since 2015 and never has never been an head coach for a women's team . Will be working 2 jobs at once .

Comment

They found an interim coach . Hasn't coach since 2015 and never has never been an head coach for a women's team . Will be working 2 jobs at once .
                        Oh that should work out well

Comment

Oh wow! Thanks for the update. Here's the announcement for those that missed it.

Le Moyne seems to be a weird situation. The men's coach has been there since 2000 and has done reasonably well by the looks of it. They're regular participants in the NE-10 play-offs, but not always in the NCAA playoffs, although in 2009 they did advance to the National semi-final. The women, OTOH, have really struggled during that same time period. No doubt because of a lot of turnover in the head coach position.

Comment

And the Men's Head Coach Tom Bonus is the husband of the Women's Ex Head Coach lol.... Carrie Bonus who was not good at all

Comment

And the Men's Head Coach Tom Bonus is the husband of the Women's Ex Head Coach lol.... Carrie Bonus who was not good at all
                              It's interesting to hear you say that was "not good at all". I wouldn't go that far, I would just say that she just wasn't good at that level. She'd been able to do reasonably well at other levels (DIII and Juco) and I'm sure the hope was that she would be able to replicate some of that success at Le Moyne. Who knows? Maybe she tried to recruit the same level of players to Le Moyne that she recruited to Onondaga Community College.

Whatever it was, the team seems to be doing a little better without her this season. As someone with CNY roots, I've watched parts of a few games online and it's really not good soccer so hopefully the players based their decision to attend Le Moyne on the academics and not soccer.

Comment

Kathy Braun was at Le Moyne College for less 8 Months, and quit by email to the players 4 weeks before the start of the season and left to go to Smith College (Mass. D3). Classless move. Thank God for Jaro Zawislan being able to take over on such short notice. With only two weeks preparation what he was able to pull off is remarkable. I can only imagine what the team will accomplish this Fall will a full off season under his leadership. That is ..if Le Moyne isn’t Division 1 by then..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X