Announcement

Collapse

Check out new areas in Talking Soccer

Still working on tweaking the update (we had to do this for stability and security) but, the update did allows us to add a few new area's with more to come......

Woman's Soccer RSS Feeds
> Equalizer Soccer USWNT RSS Feed
> The Guardian Women's Football RSS Feed
> Our Game (Woman and Girls Soccer)
> NWSL US Womans National League

Mens Soccer RSS Feeds (with more to come)

> Goal.com RSS Feed

Check them out and subscribe if you like


The Admins.....
See more
See less

Marist Head Coach in name only

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Guest View Post

    And if the coach was not a volunteer you would still find a reason that the program hired the wrong person like , They never played pro, they are the wrong gender, they are too old/young. They have the wrong experience. They don't develop the players, they can't recruit, they recruit too many foreign players or too little foreign players. The think too American, they are too European. College soccer is different than pro soccer... blah blah blah..... If your kid was better at choosing a school and not stroking their ego they AND YOU would be A LOT happier.
    Hey coach

    Here’s a suggestion. Put your phone down and let the thread die. Not many people care about MAAC soccer on these sites or even college soccer in general. Everyone aspires for their kids to get there and then realize it wasn’t probably worth the chase.

    For your part, your wife has a 50k a year job and you are doing the work. Just keep it going if you can and try to be decent to the kids You are now basically engaging with one or two disgruntled parents and keeping this thread going. Stop typing, let it go and this thread gets buried in favor of u13 club results which is much more important to most people. Regardless of what you post here, you simply dig the hole deeper.

    Remember this. Marist like most schools is expensive. Marist as you well know isn’t fully funded. If enough of the full tuition paying natives get upset, this no longer becomes your problem. Higher Ed is a business. You can thank me later





    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Guest View Post

      And if the coach was not a volunteer you would still find a reason that the program hired the wrong person like , They never played pro, they are the wrong gender, they are too old/young. They have the wrong experience. They don't develop the players, they can't recruit, they recruit too many foreign players or too little foreign players. The think too American, they are too European. College soccer is different than pro soccer... blah blah blah..... If your kid was better at choosing a school and not stroking their ego they AND YOU would be A LOT happier.
      Your complete lack of command of the English language and basic writing skills is impressive. I hope you are driving the team bus and not doing anything that remotely influences the kids. Embarrassing

      Comment


        #18
        Just reading these posts by Marist parent sounds like U19 Club soccer rather than college soccer. You have parents making the same complaints that they made from club soccer. The Marist coach has now had a full season with this group that she did not recruit. She has now had a year to evaluate this group and needs to have difficult discussions with those players who do not fit into her program both on the field with their skills as well as their mental attitude of being on the team. Coaches do not/should not listen to parents, it’s about the player who are old enough to make decisions about their future. Reading what these parents have to say about the coach is toxic for this program. I hope the AD backs the coach when she meets with each player individually at the end of the season.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Guest View Post
          Just reading these posts by Marist parent sounds like U19 Club soccer rather than college soccer. You have parents making the same complaints that they made from club soccer. The Marist coach has now had a full season with this group that she did not recruit. She has now had a year to evaluate this group and needs to have difficult discussions with those players who do not fit into her program both on the field with their skills as well as their mental attitude of being on the team. Coaches do not/should not listen to parents, it’s about the player who are old enough to make decisions about their future. Reading what these parents have to say about the coach is toxic for this program. I hope the AD backs the coach when she meets with each player individually at the end of the season.
          Sure, that's true BUT what if the complaints that her husband is running the show are true? If so the players need to lodge a complaint first to the AD, not the parents. If that fails then you get others involved. They're adults now and need to self advocate.

          A school that ignores a consistent group of complaints gets what it deserves in the end - players leave, recruiting suffers, performance suffers, coach eventually gets canned. Eventually.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Guest View Post
            Just reading these posts by Marist parent sounds like U19 Club soccer rather than college soccer. You have parents making the same complaints that they made from club soccer. The Marist coach has now had a full season with this group that she did not recruit. She has now had a year to evaluate this group and needs to have difficult discussions with those players who do not fit into her program both on the field with their skills as well as their mental attitude of being on the team. Coaches do not/should not listen to parents, it’s about the player who are old enough to make decisions about their future. Reading what these parents have to say about the coach is toxic for this program. I hope the AD backs the coach when she meets with each player individually at the end of the season.
            AD won’t back the coach if the players voice concern in mass. AD didn’t back the last coach.

            BK was hired to lead the program. She needs to step up and coach. Not let her husband coach or watch her kids during training. No way this situation lasts in it’s current form. Husband either steps away from the program and focuses on club soccer or they are both done. No collegiate athletic program is going to tolerate this situation.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Guest View Post

              AD won’t back the coach if the players voice concern in mass. AD didn’t back the last coach.

              BK was hired to lead the program. She needs to step up and coach. Not let her husband coach or watch her kids during training. No way this situation lasts in it’s current form. Husband either steps away from the program and focuses on club soccer or they are both done. No collegiate athletic program is going to tolerate this situation.
              If the AD does not back the coach hat he just hired then the AD should resign or be fired by the university. This is college not club soccer. Players have a choice either quit the team and place yourself in the transfer portal and risk the likelihood that no other college will bring you in or stop listening to your parents and grow up and figure out how to make your situation work. The vast majority are at this college playing soccer because their choices were very limited so learn to make this work.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Guest View Post

                Your complete lack of command of the English language and basic writing skills is impressive. I hope you are driving the team bus and not doing anything that remotely influences the kids. Embarrassing
                Do you have a keen eye? English is my third language so I’m happy to take the criticism. Please let me know what mistakes I made. Were you just throwing that out because it’s an easy thing to say without backing it up??? I am sure I know the answer. Regardless Of my English skills, my point seemed to get through and it really bothered you that’s why you’re not addressing it.

                Comment


                  #23
                  [UOTE=Guest;n4247040]Not the poster you replied to but since you replied and seemingly have some insights, please enlighten us as to what a college coach does?

                  im following this thread as my kid “has/had” an interest in the school.

                  im an employer myself. So riddle me this…. I take a chance on young woman and offer her a job that is maybe a bit over her head. Should I expect that her husband comes as part of the package? What other services does he provide? Maybe some Car washes?

                  so are you saying that all college coaches have input from their spouse? How about Alabama football? Does Nick Saban’s wife make the line up?

                  Do you understand how utterly stupid this situation is?

                  [/QUOTE]

                  Anyone using the riddle me this quote needs to stfu. clueless zero

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Guest View Post

                    Player data is available under the Statistics tab on almost every college website. Usually team stats pop up first then there is a page for players. It shows games played, starts, minutes, shots and goals. If you poke around you'll see many players get very few minutes. It's easy to see who the consistent starters are and subs with good minutes. Lots of college players are practice cones
                    The CT parents need to step away a bit. Yeah, we know who is stirring the pot. West Hartford CT

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Guest View Post

                      Do you have a keen eye? English is my third language so I’m happy to take the criticism. Please let me know what mistakes I made. Were you just throwing that out because it’s an easy thing to say without backing it up??? I am sure I know the answer. Regardless Of my English skills, my point seemed to get through and it really bothered you that’s why you’re not addressing it.
                      Not the poster you were replying to but please put down the internet!

                      agree with the prior poster that a relative of the coach should probably not be leading the program. Seems obvious

                      Comment


                        #26
                        That’s her husband?!?! He looks 25 years order than her? Are you sure they are married?

                        Comment


                          #27
                          There is no doubt for those underclassman who will be returning in the Spring/next season the COACH will be having some hard discussions with those players they want on the team going forward as well as those players who do not support the Coach and her staff. The AD hired her so he will support her 100% for any decisions she makes after those individual meetings. Parents complaining to the AD does nor work in college. These players are adults and should be mature enough to handle their own situation and not have a parent fight their battle. It’s grow up time.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Guest View Post
                            There is no doubt for those underclassman who will be returning in the Spring/next season the COACH will be having some hard discussions with those players they want on the team going forward as well as those players who do not support the Coach and her staff. The AD hired her so he will support her 100% for any decisions she makes after those individual meetings. Parents complaining to the AD does nor work in college. These players are adults and should be mature enough to handle their own situation and not have a parent fight their battle. It’s grow up time.
                            Yes of course that's true in terms of fighting their own battles, 100% But if the accusations are true that the husband is doing most of the work that needs to be addressed. I'm surprised the school even allows spouses working together. It's ok to employ spouses at the same business but not working together. It rarely goes well.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Sorry to change the subject but Marist had a coach a few years ago Kate L. Why did she leave? She is now coaching at a very small d3 school.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Guest View Post
                                That’s her husband?!?! He looks 25 years order than her? Are you sure they are married?
                                hes a sugar daddy....shes probably playing "hide the pickle" with someone a lot younger.

                                Comment

                                Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X