Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Coast FC Boca Juniors 2010 - WOW

Over the weekend at my sons tournament (Spirit Kick off) I had the pleasure of watching this team in action. They beat LHV on Saturday in an entertaining game, it ended 3-2 for East Coast. I searched the forum for more information on them - couldn’t find anything but I did stumble on the Coach on twitter and some podcasts as well. Seems they have a cult following on the internet. Organized and disciplined team that can pass really crisp. Great to watch!

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Over the weekend at my sons tournament (Spirit Kick off) I had the pleasure of watching this team in action. They beat LHV on Saturday in an entertaining game, it ended 3-2 for East Coast. I searched the forum for more information on them - couldn’t find anything but I did stumble on the Coach on twitter and some podcasts as well. Seems they have a cult following on the internet. Organized and disciplined team that can pass really crisp. Great to watch!
    OK... I've seen many talented teams over the years as well, but I can't say I've ever felt compelled to post an unsolicited rave review about any of them on a message board. I've also not gone to youth soccer tournaments to watch a team other than the one my kid plays on. This is weird enough that I would have to question the motives behind whoever is posting. If I had to wager, I would bet on this being posted by a parent from the team in question, as the parents from this team already have a reputation for being unbalanced. It's really pathetic that one of them would anonymously post something like this. It's 11-year old soccer. Who gives a crap?

Comment

My son was at the tournament, and we were playing right after. A pretty nasty comment in a response to my complimentary post…

Comment

My son was at the tournament, and we were playing right after. A pretty nasty comment in a response to my complimentary post…
        Ok. So you think that this team of 11 year olds is really good. Got it. But, seriously,, who gives a ****?

Comment

Ok. So you think that this team of 11 year olds is really good. Got it. But, seriously,, who gives a ****?
          There's an Instagram post showing this team reviewing professional-looking scouting reports while watching game film. 11 years old. I wish I was kidding.

Comment

There's an Instagram post showing this team reviewing professional-looking scouting reports while watching game film. 11 years old. I wish I was kidding.
            Judging by the way this team plays, that doesnt surprise me. If you knock that you must be jealous your son isnt on a team like that, all the MLS academies review film and scout opponents.

Comment

What exactly is the problem with that? Sounds great

Comment

Johan knows what he is doing, 1of the best on Long Island.

Comment

Johan knows what he is doing, 1 of the best on Long Island

Comment

why don't you just post that you are looking for new players?

Comment

Judging by the way this team plays, that doesnt surprise me. If you knock that you must be jealous your son isnt on a team like that, all the MLS academies review film and scout opponents.
                      You got me. I am jealous.

Comment

why don't you just post that you are looking for new players?
                        Exactly.

Comment

What exactly is the problem with that? Sounds great
                          If you have to ask, then that is the problem.

Comment

OP, it's very hard to take U12 games seriously. 9v9, size 4, small field, etc etc. Absolutely not to say that some players, or even this team, won't grow into the 11v11 game, but it's very hard to judge until you get to U15+. The game turns into "real" soccer and most advantages are evened out (other than the persistent ones).

signed, parent who looks back and laughs a bit

Comment

OP, it's very hard to take U12 games seriously. 9v9, size 4, small field, etc etc. Absolutely not to say that some players, or even this team, won't grow into the 11v11 game, but it's very hard to judge until you get to U15+. The game turns into "real" soccer and most advantages are evened out (other than the persistent ones).

signed, parent who looks back and laughs a bit
                              Well said. The game should not be taken so seriously by the coaches and parents of 11 year olds. At this age, it is supposed to be fun and played purely for enjoyment. I guarantee that none of the kids on this team asked to study a scouting report and watch film. It was the idea of some severely misguided adults. I have to admit to behaving in much the same way when my kid was 11, and, looking back, it is both laughable and regrettable.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X