•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northeast Academy League

https://www.neacademyleague.com/

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Another pointless league to separate parents from their $$$. Have fun with all that unnecessary travel.

Comment

Is this not the old “EAL” (which is a year old) teams in yet another attempt to have a new league?

When can we stop this madness of new leagues? We need consolidation of leagues not this.

Comment

Is this the MLSNEXT? NEXT2?

Comment

Yes, this was what MLS Next decided to name the 2nd-tier league that was initially going to be named "MLS Next II". Apparently, they thought having a lower division that still carried the MLS Next name would cheapen the brand. Yes, this is basically the EAL, with most of the same clubs. No, I don't understand why.

Comment

huh. looks like eliteacademyleague.com still exists just without the aforementioned northeast division. booted or left? all so so strange. makes the old DA look practically competent.

Comment

Its for the clubs second teams, so what they call it is irrelevant. MLSN is still the top league.

Comment

Yes, this was what MLS Next decided to name the 2nd-tier league that was initially going to be named "MLS Next II". Apparently, they thought having a lower division that still carried the MLS Next name would cheapen the brand. Yes, this is basically the EAL, with most of the same clubs. No, I don't understand why.
                Why? Market share. Always follow the money.

Comment

huh. looks like eliteacademyleague.com still exists just without the aforementioned northeast division. booted or left? all so so strange. makes the old DA look practically competent.
                  Exactly. The NE teams from EAL all left to join this league. The EAL was/is really a west coast league to begin with, and there were logistical reasons for the split. There are a couple of clubs that are additions from what was the EAL last year, neither of which has an MLS Next 1st team. I'm sure there will be no pro-rel, so neither of these clubs - including LI Slammers, will have the opportunity to actually play in MLS Next.

I thought the same thing - as bad as the DA was, this is worse.

Comment

Its for the clubs second teams, so what they call it is irrelevant. MLSN is still the top league.
                    yes, but there was discussion around creating better alignment between A & B teams so there was a broader playing pool - which I think makes sense in U12-U14 but diminishes in relevance at HS/U15+. I think previous poster is correct - why dilute the brand - rather let clubs figure out their "premier" offerings and how to manage MLSN rosters. Just funny that we saw examples of MLS Next II branding last Spring already in place and now, whoopsie-daisy.

Comment

yes, but there was discussion around creating better alignment between A & B teams so there was a broader playing pool - which I think makes sense in U12-U14 but diminishes in relevance at HS/U15+. I think previous poster is correct - why dilute the brand - rather let clubs figure out their "premier" offerings and how to manage MLSN rosters. Just funny that we saw examples of MLS Next II branding last Spring already in place and now, whoopsie-daisy.
                      https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/mls-n...academy-league

Comment

Everone looking for a shortcut. Parents drink it up though. Kid won't be any better. Will just wear a different uniform with a NorthEast Academy patch.

Comment

EH, it's a pretty good league, especially for the U11-U12 pre MLSN. 16 teams with a few that don't have MLSN teams (and some w limited offering). I can see it for kids that want to play HS but then have some opportunities otherwise. Still likely well below ECNL.

They do have to stop with the "platform for those that aspire to play in MLS Next." At U15+ any MLSN team knows who they want to fill their roster. I guess it's a draw for ulittles.

Comment

EH, it's a pretty good league, especially for the U11-U12 pre MLSN. 16 teams with a few that don't have MLSN teams (and some w limited offering). I can see it for kids that want to play HS but then have some opportunities otherwise. Still likely well below ECNL.

They do have to stop with the "platform for those that aspire to play in MLS Next." At U15+ any MLSN team knows who they want to fill their roster. I guess it's a draw for ulittles.
                            Considering the new league goes down to U11 yes it's definitely a marketing pitch for ulittles. How do they think clubs are going to get this up and running? And guess what, U little parents don't want to be traveling up and down the NE either.

Comment

Considering the new league goes down to U11 yes it's definitely a marketing pitch for ulittles. How do they think clubs are going to get this up and running? And guess what, U little parents don't want to be traveling up and down the NE either.
                              I think pretty easy to get up and running considering most of the clubs have been running premier programs for years and it's really just scheduling.

My guess is at U11-U13 they will be more regionally focused. Valeo, Bolts, NEFC, Seacoast, Bayside, Alleycats, Oakwood (maybe?) = North, with everyone else South. Older age groups probably get some crossover?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X