Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Bull boys pre-academy

An email went out a few days that said next season's 2011 team will be made of some players they already know from the RDS classes and other kids that do well in the tryout (whenever that happens).

Any educated guesses of how many spots will really be up for grabs at the tryout?

Also, which clubs do most of the players that get spots on these pre-academy teams come from?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    An email went out a few days that said next season's 2011 team will be made of some players they already know from the RDS classes and other kids that do well in the tryout (whenever that happens).

Any educated guesses of how many spots will really be up for grabs at the tryout?

Also, which clubs do most of the players that get spots on these pre-academy teams come from?
    This is a money grab, it's not worth it unless you have the next Messi. The Red Bulls training, RDS, are all good training programs. Their teams not so much.

Your child needs to play as much as possible, and when not playing touch soccer ball as much as possible. How can they play when they are in the car 3 hours a day, be reasonable.

Next, your child is young, is he / she best at every sport? That's the ultimate test, a true athlete is a leader, separates in every sport, good at everything.

And next, is your child in the highest classes? Is he / she taking Algebra in 6th grade, reading short stories normally reserved for 8th graders?

These 4 tests tell you. The next, be reasonable, your child is going to grow tremendously by 14. It's better to spend time in every sport, and then specialize just a little more in Soccer.

Comment

This is a money grab, it's not worth it unless you have the next Messi. The Red Bulls training, RDS, are all good training programs. Their teams not so much.

Your child needs to play as much as possible, and when not playing touch soccer ball as much as possible. How can they play when they are in the car 3 hours a day, be reasonable.

Next, your child is young, is he / she best at every sport? That's the ultimate test, a true athlete is a leader, separates in every sport, good at everything.

And next, is your child in the highest classes? Is he / she taking Algebra in 6th grade, reading short stories normally reserved for 8th graders?

These 4 tests tell you. The next, be reasonable, your child is going to grow tremendously by 14. It's better to spend time in every sport, and then specialize just a little more in Soccer.
      Wow you are so wrong.

First off you have to keep things in perspective, RB Academy is not for most players this is the path for an athlete to become a professional player so if you are considering trying out for pre-academy it's because you are planning to go for the Academy and that is a very big commitment so you should be prepared to go all in. With that said it's not a money grab even if your kid won't make the academy. The annual fees are less than most travel programs 2900 next season. The coaches are by far better than most coaches I've come across in the last five years. They offer three 1:30mins practices a week and they play a lot of games on the weekends.
      Next if your kid plays every sport he won't be the best at any of them. Have a second sport to change it up but you have to be dedicated to soccer if you want to reach top levels. This is why the US fails to qualify for the world cup lack of technical ability.
      And next its cool if your kid gets all A+ but that has nothing to do with soccer so that was just stupid.
      These four test, oh wait that was three so you can't count either. It's true they don't take a lot of players from the pre-academy to the academy but that's the best chance your kid will have if he's not the next Messi. So just to recap not a money grab, good coaches, a lot of playing time, school is cool but nothing to do with soccer and this guy can't count.

Comment

My son played in the red bulls pre academy and its not worth it. Unless they came looking for you. They took 6 kids from CSA Bergen and I heard a few from torpedoes. They have the select few they develop by playing them up and only selecting some kids to play in select tournaments. From my experience the red bulls can wait. Let your kids play on a high level team and touching the all. They have time to move to a MLS academy when they are about 12 /13 years old.

Comment

Wow you are so wrong.

First off you have to keep things in perspective, RB Academy is not for most players this is the path for an athlete to become a professional player so if you are considering trying out for pre-academy it's because you are planning to go for the Academy and that is a very big commitment so you should be prepared to go all in. With that said it's not a money grab even if your kid won't make the academy. The annual fees are less than most travel programs 2900 next season. The coaches are by far better than most coaches I've come across in the last five years. They offer three 1:30mins practices a week and they play a lot of games on the weekends.
          Next if your kid plays every sport he won't be the best at any of them. Have a second sport to change it up but you have to be dedicated to soccer if you want to reach top levels. This is why the US fails to qualify for the world cup lack of technical ability.
          And next its cool if your kid gets all A+ but that has nothing to do with soccer so that was just stupid.
          These four test, oh wait that was three so you can't count either. It's true they don't take a lot of players from the pre-academy to the academy but that's the best chance your kid will have if he's not the next Messi. So just to recap not a money grab, good coaches, a lot of playing time, school is cool but nothing to do with soccer and this guy can't count.
          the RB is not a money grab because there are no hidden fees. where some other clubs charge for winter programs. I have to disagree about the coaching. They don't correct the kids or teach them to play soccer. They believe in self correcting which doesn't work because they don't know they are doing anything wrong. I know this because I was there for 2 years. you are right if you want to go pro you go to a MLS team but not until they are older. Pre RB is a waste of time for most kids.

Comment

My son played in the red bulls pre academy and its not worth it. Unless they came looking for you. They took 6 kids from CSA Bergen and I heard a few from torpedoes. They have the select few they develop by playing them up and only selecting some kids to play in select tournaments. From my experience the red bulls can wait. Let your kids play on a high level team and touching the all. They have time to move to a MLS academy when they are about 12 /13 years old.
            Most people I talked to have pretty good things to say about it in terms of the trainers, other players, competition, etc. I also heard some not so great things but overall I heard it was a good program.

CSA Bergen and Torpedoes makes sense - I also heard those teams place a good # of kids on the RB teams.

Comment

Don't forget they also started an RDS South program out of East Brunswick.

The 2010 group was the first U9 group.
              My guess in that they will compete with PDA for kids from Middlesex/Somerset County and recruit in northern/western Monmouth county maybe into Jackson. I don't see the need to rush into an RDS at u9-u10 and practice once a week way up in Whippany. That's just me. for RDS South area kids at U9-10 kids can choose from clubs like East Brunswick, FC Copa & now Copa Millstone, Marlboro, Old Bridge, NJ Premier, Valencia and others that play EDP and can teach at a high level. PSA Wildcats moved from Manalapan to Tinton Falls and CSA is also in Tinton Falls, so I don't include them in the goegraphic receruiting list thinking that's too far to travel, but that is in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

Don't forget they also started an RDS South program out of East Brunswick.

The 2010 group was the first U9 group.
                My guess in that they will compete with PDA for kids from Middlesex/Somerset County and recruit in northern/western Monmouth county maybe into Jackson. I don't see the need to rush into an RDS at u9-u10 and practice once a week way up in Whippany. That's just me. for RDS South area kids at U9-10 kids can choose from clubs like East Brunswick, FC Copa & now Copa Millstone, Marlboro, Old Bridge, NJ Premier, Valencia and others that play EDP and can teach at a high level. PSA Wildcats moved from Manalapan to Tinton Falls and CSA is also in Tinton Falls, so I don't include them in the goegraphic receruiting list thinking that's too far to travel, but that is in the eye of the beholder.
                My son played on the south team for 2 years . There are 3 teams north, south, and New York. its been like that for a few years. there is only one training session in east Brunswick. the other 2 are in Whippany. you are 100% right wait to go to the red bulls. I don't regret going there I just think I should have waited. I may go back you never know.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X