Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENCL Advice

MY kid accepted an offer for an ECNL team in NJ and made a payment to the club. When are we considered locked in? If I wanted to withdraw my offer do they own the badge or technically since the next season has not started am I free to go anywhere else, including other ecnl clubs?

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    MY kid accepted an offer for an ECNL team in NJ and made a payment to the club. When are we considered locked in? If I wanted to withdraw my offer do they own the badge or technically since the next season has not started am I free to go anywhere else, including other ecnl clubs?
    what age?

Comment

what age?
      going into u14

Comment

going into u14
        Go to PDA

Comment

Go to PDA
          Team stinks.

Comment

I'd say you are locked in, so here are your likely best paths forward:

First, unless they let you out of your contract, going to another ECNL team is likely off the table since they may hold all the cards (pun intended)
            Second, if going to another non-ECNL club, you are free to do so. However, they likely won't stop the payments so your option there would be to cancel your credit card and see if they come after you.

Comment

First, unless they let you out of your contract, going to another ECNL team is likely off the table since they may hold all the cards (pun intended)
              Second, if going to another non-ECNL club, you are free to do so. However, they likely won't stop the payments so your option there would be to cancel your credit card and see if they come after you.
              Wow, if clubs do this then surely arent any ethics. What if the club doesnt fulfill what they promised. Can i do the same to them reverse charges, take there club card.

Comment

Can also try girls academy which ecnl wont matter. but like prior person said cancel your payment method or they will likely keep charging you.

Comment

I would try to just have a conversation with the DOC and explain the reasoning, assuming it is decent. The club will have to see if they can "move down the list" and fill that spot with similar level player or possibly lose the revenue. Not to excuse them being a pain, but thats probably how they'll be thinking.

Comment

Team stinks.
                    If it’s PDA U-14 (2010) stay. They will be a different team next year.

Comment

They can easily fill the spot so tell them you need out. You'll lose the deposit but they won't chase you after anything else. A player isn't locked into a roster until clubs register the final list in August

Comment

This early no club will do that. Worst case is you lose your deposit. Going after a family or holding a card isn't a good look for clubs, especially top clubs that can readily fill the spot.

also the rosters aren't even final until August when clubs register them with the league.

Comment

This early no club will do that. Worst case is you lose your deposit. Going after a family or holding a card isn't a good look for clubs, especially top clubs that can readily fill the spot.

also the rosters aren't even final until August when clubs register them with the league.
                          there you go poster, seems two people familiar with ecnl. rosters not finalized till august, so if your gonna move do it now before you pay anymore money

Comment

out of curiosity- why would you want to leave already? have you even met the team or played together yet?

Comment

Wow, if clubs do this then surely arent any ethics. What if the club doesnt fulfill what they promised. Can i do the same to them reverse charges, take there club card.
                              It's easy to disprove you broke the contract once you left.

It's really hard to disprove the club isn't holding up their end of the contract since there isn't anything really specific written in it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X