Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help- New EDP Parent to 2012 Girl

I have a 2012 daughter who missed tryouts due to illness, but was asked by 2 teams to tryout before she got mono. She has friends on both teams that want her to join them- Deptford and Liverpool South. Before we reach out to coaches, can anyone offer help on what team is better? My husband and I know nothing about soccer, let alone the different leagues and teams. Everyone tells us our daughter is fast, has good skill and needs to move up to EDP. Are there good players on these teams? What are the coaches like? Any help is appreciated

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    I have a 2012 daughter who missed tryouts due to illness, but was asked by 2 teams to tryout before she got mono. She has friends on both teams that want her to join them- Deptford and Liverpool South. Before we reach out to coaches, can anyone offer help on what team is better? My husband and I know nothing about soccer, let alone the different leagues and teams. Everyone tells us our daughter is fast, has good skill and needs to move up to EDP. Are there good players on these teams? What are the coaches like? Any help is appreciated
    if you are looking for help, don't come to this site. word of mouth, research, etc. much better. this is a site of misinformation

Comment

if you are looking for help, don't come to this site. word of mouth, research, etc. much better. this is a site of misinformation
      Thanks. I thought there might be a benevolent soul that might actually tell the truth. This it tough trying to research. We are non-sports parents with a jock, so this is hard.

Comment

Deptford>Liverpool South but try to try out for SJEB they will play Pre-GA next season and if you D doesn’t make the Pre-GA then stay and play for the B team they aren’t that bad. I don’t know about the players and coaches on these teams though.

Comment

Deptford>Liverpool South
          I would agree but there are more than 1 Deptford team, no? So not so sure if Deptford B or C > Liverpool

Comment

I would agree but there are more than 1 Deptford team, no? So not so sure if Deptford B or C > Liverpool
            Which deptford? Deptford Premier, West Deptford, or Deptford SA?

Comment

Premier.

Comment

Premier.
                Deptford not bad they are as good as a Premier 3 Mid Table/Premier 4 Top Table

Comment

Email the coaches to ask if they have openings and to attend a few practices. You should be able to get a good feel of the team and coach after a few trainings. Do this sooner rather than later, some teams will still train in June before breaking in July.

Comment

Took daughter to LP for practices in March & April. Coaches were great. All but 1 player average at best. They had one talented 2012 girl who is skilled and blazing fast. Talented girl is leaving to play ice hockey and won't be there in the fall. I am trying to schedule Deptford for next week. Heard Deptford has way more talent than LP, just not sure about coaching.

Comment

Now that tryouts are over go through every EDP team in the area you are willing to travel. Go right down the standings as a reference point. Reach out to coaches in that area. See who invites you to practice with the team. Understand the levels of teams as you attend practice, so your daughter isn’t caught off guard. You will get offers regardless of tryouts being over. Pick what you think is the best fit for your kid. Don’t just look at the two you have mentioned above.

Comment

Liverpool South has no reason to charge anything near what they charge. Barry ***** is a diploma and cert seeking director to try and validate himself. Like the guy as a person but he’s not as good as he looks on paper. Previously the club was IGSA and they had no quality teams but the Liverpool name helped him out so good business decision. Luke at Deptford is in my opinion better but not the greatest. Either way you’re going to get one of their coaches on staff but why pay the liverpool price for the same level coaching. Also take into account uniform prices. When your daughter gets older both clubs will see the top players leave for other clubs. In my opinion I’d develop her at Deptford.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X