Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freehold Soccer Tryouts Out

Is there anyone else who thinks this year is worst than years before?

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Is there anyone else who thinks this year is worst than years before?
    What makes you think that? It's a town team, what are you expecting to show up?

Comment

What makes you think that? It's a town team, what are you expecting to show up?
      Player movement is ridiculous. I am officially done with Township Socce and yes, my kid me the A team. 4 players gone now

Comment

Bye bye bye

Comment

They are just so late. Most of the kids have already committed to other clubs by now.

Comment

Player movement is ridiculous. I am officially done with Township Socce and yes, my kid me the A team. 4 players gone now

Just 4? Bet there will be more

Comment

Just 4? Bet there will be more
              4 per team

Comment

Parental complaining remains consistent. It is either too early or too late. Too much player movement or not enough player movement. Too hot too cold. Coaches should have more input. Coaches have too much influence

Comment

25% of the team is not bad for U12->U13 conversion. This is the time where the parents think that their Suzzie is the best player ever after years of being one the best players on a town team (not even THE best). So they are willing to pay the extra money and spend the extra time travelling so Suzzie can be on the C/D/E/F team of a bigger club. After all, that's how you get a full paid D1 scholarship to a top 10 school. After all, the top girl on your team is going there and she needs someone to drive her 25%-50% of the time.

Comment

They went downhill when they let Bob Smith and specifically his son control everything. How can you have Bob Smith Academy manning your tryouts, but then also force teams to hire Bob Smith trainers. And the ranking list? It’s a joke. I’ve seen top ten kids relegated to the B team bc of dumb policies. How about you rank them by merit instead of the kids wearing their “elite” jerseys to make it very clear who belongs where (or not). Said it before and I’ll say it again. BS ruined FSL. No wonder board members are quitting in droves.

Comment

Every great team eventually breaks up. Look at the long list of teams not just in Freehold but every town club that has the top talent leave for GA, NL or ECNL competition. Kids that are very serious cannot be faulted for choosing this path. The only way that they will consistently get better is playing against top tier talent and training rigorously. Parent coaching after 9u should not exist if you are serious in any sport with the exception of recreational programs. If your kid didn't make an A team in a town and is relegated to a B, C, D, team you need not accept an invite. Go train privately and play rec soccer.

Comment

They went downhill when they let Bob Smith and specifically his son control everything. How can you have Bob Smith Academy manning your tryouts, but then also force teams to hire Bob Smith trainers. And the ranking list? It’s a joke. I’ve seen top ten kids relegated to the B team bc of dumb policies. How about you rank them by merit instead of the kids wearing their “elite” jerseys to make it very clear who belongs where (or not). Said it before and I’ll say it again. BS ruined FSL. No wonder board members are quitting in droves.
                        Biggest mistake FSL made was pushing some board members out years ago

Comment

Yes it was

Comment

…and not pushing out who they should of (anyone who was on the board when 400k went missing right under their noses).

Comment

Every great team eventually breaks up. Look at the long list of teams not just in Freehold but every town club that has the top talent leave for GA, NL or ECNL competition. Kids that are very serious cannot be faulted for choosing this path. The only way that they will consistently get better is playing against top tier talent and training rigorously. Parent coaching after 9u should not exist if you are serious in any sport with the exception of recreational programs. If your kid didn't make an A team in a town and is relegated to a B, C, D, team you need not accept an invite. Go train privately and play rec soccer.
                              I’m talking about kids that have moved up in teams and moved down. Nothing against the kids at all, do not read into it! It looks as though some personal vendetta’s and social scenes were accommodated at few levels.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X