Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

College scholarships are likely not happening for most kids and that is all fine and dandy but what if your kid wants to play at a high level and takes the sport seriously? You understand kids can still have fun, make memories during travel etc playing ecnl. Fact of the matter is most kids will not walk on to an ECNL team from a travel team, the speed of play is vastly different and ALL of the girls on these teams are years ahead of travel players in development. Sorry if that hurts your travel kids/parents feelings as that is not my intention, its just a fact 99.9% of the time.
    You have no idea what level my kid is at. We got offers to 2 EDP teams including 2012 Real Girls team that is supposed to be awesome. My daughter knows 8 2012 Real players from camps they attended and she is as good as all of them, except that little blonde, curly haired girl from HF. Stop thinking there are no good players outside EDP/GA. There are a lot that would make these teams but chose to stay with friends. Also some kids like other sports better. There is another 2012 HF girl that flies around the field and dominates. She plays EDP for LP but is leaving for SJGSL. She loves another sport. Her mom said 3 EDP teams tried to recruit her through friends to attend tryouts. She declined. There are 5 other girls we played against this spring that left EDP and are back at SJGSL. They came back by choice. EDP teams wanted them back but they were not having fun. Accept that EDP/GA is not for all kids right now but that does not mean there is not EDP level talent at SJGSL. EDP/GA is good soccer and some of these kids will go back because they are still playing and have talent. I agree with original post. We will know nothing until puberty.

Comment

My advice, if she is truly as good as you think and that she will be the second best player on that team, you are doing her a disservice. I hope you are right but unlikely. I think you think your daughter is better than she really is.

Comment

My advice, if she is truly as good as you think and that she will be the second best player on that team, you are doing her a disservice. I hope you are right but unlikely. I think you think your daughter is better than she really is.
        Correct

Comment

We are the Blaze!!!!!!

Comment

We are the Blaze!!!!!!
            Typical North and Central NJ B.S. Ignore the original post just to put up something stupid like this. Who care if you are the blaze? As the original post say NONE OF THIS MEANS ANYTHING! My kid will probably see all the Blaze players except maybe 2 at a club team in college. Wake up! The soccer clubs suck you in to pay $1500-$3k per season, $500+ summer camp, Futsal, private clinics at $80 a pop and travel with hotels of about $4k. Put that money away for college and you have you scholarship. Little Jonny and Judy are not getting a full ride (20%) at best for soccer and will not play pro. WAKE UP YOU SHEEP!

Comment

Typical North and Central NJ B.S. Ignore the original post just to put up something stupid like this. Who care if you are the blaze? As the original post say NONE OF THIS MEANS ANYTHING! My kid will probably see all the Blaze players except maybe 2 at a club team in college. Wake up! The soccer clubs suck you in to pay $1500-$3k per season, $500+ summer camp, Futsal, private clinics at $80 a pop and travel with hotels of about $4k. Put that money away for college and you have you scholarship. Little Jonny and Judy are not getting a full ride (20%) at best for soccer and will not play pro. WAKE UP YOU SHEEP!
              I can't tell if you are the original poster. Either way, you still don't have a clue.

Comment

My daughter is better than I think. That is based on multiple coaches- PDA South, Depford Premier, SJEB and Real all inviting her to tryout. She has been at multiple camps with best 2012 girls and not only keeps up but stands out. You will know name if she chooses soccer. She is actually better at 2 other sports. Just a great athlete. We will let her decide once she hits 14/15. Until then you can all waste your money on this EDP/GA BS!

Comment

My daughter is better than I think. That is based on multiple coaches- PDA South, Depford Premier, SJEB and Real all inviting her to tryout. She has been at multiple camps with best 2012 girls and not only keeps up but stands out. You will know name if she chooses soccer. She is actually better at 2 other sports. Just a great athlete. We will let her decide once she hits 14/15. Until then you can all waste your money on this EDP/GA BS!
                  You are revealing waaaaay too much about your kid, and your bragging is insufferable. Take a step back, many in fact, and let her figure it out

Comment

The bigger concern in Jersey than the youth soccer ratrace is the apparent inability to form proper, readable, paragraph structure.

Go back to school and find a way to coherently get your thoughts to paper should be the primary concentration

Comment

Bragging about being asked to PDA South, Deptford Premier, SJEB and Real isn't as big as you think. First, Deptford is a Premier Vl team and being a year out from moving into 11v11 means they are at that age when the better players leave and they need bodies to field a team. Deptford Premier is an over glorified town team at best. PDA South, SJEB and Real are also constantly looking for players. South currently has 2 and SJEB has 3 teams while Real has 1 and all 3 will move the best team into 11v11 at some point next year. South and SJEB have the luxury or having multiple teams to merge but South needs bodies for the 2nd team when they hit ECNL at u13 as well. Real is the one the most in need as they have 10 players currently. It isn't a flex to say you are getting invites to tryout, most everyone who had a kid go through a training camp, private lesson, ODP, futsal or basically anything outside of their own team will get them.

You wait until u14/u15 and try to get from an SJGSL town team to an ECNL/GA one as a starter, it isn't going to happen. By u15 the majority of movement is from either USYS/GA/ECNL/ECRL to each other whether up or down. The game is much faster and has a team full of players who want to train and travel compared to local teams who's parents complain about going 30 minutes away. Reffing is also different as refs don't constantly scold the players about having their arms up and allow heavy contact.

You think people waste their money on this, great. While I don't have the financial means like most my D has played with I do sacrifice so she is happy and can achieve her goals. Whether she achieves them or not it won't be because we limited her. You ever have a dream snuffed out because your parent either couldn't or wouldn't provide the assistance to do it? I have and it sucks! Don't get it wrong though, I'm not living through her, I do share in the pride of her victories and share in the misery of her failures but those are things every parent should be facing. I'm just the driver, atm, shoulder to cry on or ear to listen.

Comment

Blah, blah, blah! You are all sheep! My kid is an elite athlete is 3 sports. She is fastest player as 2012 playing aganist 2011 in other 2 sports. So fast track coaches are recruiting her already for private HS. If she chooses soccer at 15 you will know her name! Your daughters will be so pissed if she chooses soccer. She will get all the attention and your girls will look foolish!

Comment

In South Jersey, the lacrosse and basketball teams you are on are dictated by grade. So, yes, it’s totally conceivable that she is playing with girls born in 2011 especially if your imaginary daughter born in 2012 is in 4th grade. Soccer is dictated by birth year. Is she not good enough to play on a 2011 town soccer team?

Comment

Blah, blah, blah! You are all sheep! My kid is an elite athlete is 3 sports. She is fastest player as 2012 playing aganist 2011 in other 2 sports. So fast track coaches are recruiting her already for private HS. If she chooses soccer at 15 you will know her name! Your daughters will be so pissed if she chooses soccer. She will get all the attention and your girls will look foolish!
                            No one is this unhinged and it's terribly written fiction

Comment

It was probably the blaze troll that’s roots against his own kid

Comment

this poster reminds me of a braggadocious dad that people cant stand on my D team always yapping to everyone who will listen about how fast his D is and how HE thinks she has D1 speed. Give it a rest, nobody cares about how fast your prepubescent kid runs in rec track. In a few years, the best soccer players will be the ones who are the most dedicated and developed from a skill perspective, have a high soccer IQ and are within the range of athleticism required to play at the highest level.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X