Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL Playoffs

Have any teams gotten their room blocks for San Diego?

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Have any teams gotten their room blocks for San Diego?
    Not sure here, but my niece at Penn Fusion got hers I know as my sister was complaining about $325/night right across from the airport!!

Comment

Got them last month. Its awful. $320/night +Tax. No breakfast included plus they charge for parking. Hotel tax and fees in California are almost 20% so we’re looking at about $400 per night. That’s just stupid ridiculous. Not sure what’s gonna happen but no way we’re good with that.

Comment

Got them last year.

Comment

Talk about “pay to play”

Comment

We got ours. Not $300/night but not that far off.

This is where they need to look at cost reductions. One our side, we are doing two years in a row West Coast, with the possible finals in VA.

For west coast teams, many are doing ECNL NJ, and some may make the finals in VA, so you dont want to have to do 3 east coast trips.

The whole thing has gotten stupid.

Comment

We got ours. Not $300/night but not that far off.

This is where they need to look at cost reductions. One our side, we are doing two years in a row West Coast, with the possible finals in VA.

For west coast teams, many are doing ECNL NJ, and some may make the finals in VA, so you dont want to have to do 3 east coast trips.

The whole thing has gotten stupid.
              I think ECNL does a lot of things well and that are good for the players. When you compare the amount of scouts and coaches that show up for showcases compared to GAL, ECNL crushes it. But this whole Stay/Pay to Play model for these events is out of hand. No reason anyone should have to fork out $2k for a hotel stay because they stretch it out over a week. Its wrong. Not sure how it gets fixed though. I feel like each club needs to get vocal about this. To simply state its a requirement to go if you qualify is not enough. It sucks.

Comment

ECNL usually gets hotel rates that are much lower than you can get on any website so I don't think it's worth complaining about. The days of $100 per night hotels ended a long time ago.

Comment

ECNL usually gets hotel rates that are much lower than you can get on any website so I don't think it's worth complaining about. The days of $100 per night hotels ended a long time ago.
                  Socioeconomic status. It’s that simple if you can’t afford to play you don’t. No secret.

Comment

Socioeconomic status. It’s that simple if you can’t afford to play you don’t. No secret.
                    Ah yes. Soccer at this level is about the have's and have's not. Noted.

Comment

Ah yes. Soccer at this level is about the have's and have's not. Noted.

Am I wrong? Not everyone knows the cost associated with this?

Comment

Am I wrong? Not everyone knows the cost associated with this?
                        You're not. And yes you want your kid to be able to go but it's real money on top of all the other expenses during the year. Sometimes not being on a top team isn't a bad thing lol.

Comment

Everything for every league should be at Disney IMO. 17 quality fields, So many hotel options on and off Disney property, and there are so many flights going to Orlando from all over the country.

Comment

San Diego should be fun. Other than that our hotel is closer to TJ then the fields and 1/4 of the reviews mention bed bugs.

Comment

You're not. And yes you want your kid to be able to go but it's real money on top of all the other expenses during the year. Sometimes not being on a top team isn't a bad thing lol.
                              Scream it out loud. No doubt about it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X