Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coach demands to know why offer refused

We went to about 5 different tryouts, after we declined one teams offer, the coach emailed and called a number of times the next day, demanding to know why. I finally responded that evening via email, stating we had gone to a number of tryouts and could only accept one, nothing personal. The whole thing was very off-putting. Anyone heard or experienced something like this before? I’m wondering what this was all about.

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    We went to about 5 different tryouts, after we declined one teams offer, the coach emailed and called a number of times the next day, demanding to know why. I finally responded that evening via email, stating we had gone to a number of tryouts and could only accept one, nothing personal. The whole thing was very off-putting. Anyone heard or experienced something like this before? I’m wondering what this was all about.
    Fausto

Comment

Fair to ask out of curiosity. If a coach feels like the player can have an impact to his/her team.

Comment

He must have really enjoyed your kiddo and thought they would be a good fit. Maybe he thought he was def in and was confused to why the change in heart. I don't see it as a bad thing....I would have just been honest with him and emailed him back. If it cont after that....maybe then a red flag.

Comment

Desperation from the coach/club. Could be useful information to determine why offers aren't accepted but doesn't sound like this was that type of exercise to determine why the kid elected not to join or even kids leaving a team for that matter.

A cordial thank you for your time which you did is all you can do/just move forward.

Similar situation with my kid but she is leaving her current team for a new club/coach and after advising she was moving to a different program he has continued to ask about her returning.

As with you not clear why (other than $) because if he put as much effort into coaching as he has in trying to keep her on the team she may not have decided to leave.

Youth sports is all about money these days so that is the answer to your question. It's the $$$$$$.

Comment

Sounds like STA!

Comment

Tell him you're leaving because he's pushy.

Comment

Sounds like STA!
                Bingo !

Comment

Sounds like STA!
                  Sounds like COPA!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X