Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009G EDP team options

My 2009 daughter currently plays for a club (we wont mention) that plays higher level EDP. She is not happy with the team because there is not a lot of commitment and the coach has very rigid expectations for some players and doesn't even acknowledge others so in the end, he is never really finding what he's looking for. Players regularly dont show up to practice but show up on game day, and play. The coach can be quite gruff and downright mean towards players and I dont think even realizes how his behavior actually affects the teams play. Needless to say we are leaving after this season ends. We have been to a few tryouts in the Ocean/Monmouth area and am interested in people's insights into the local clubs and which one they think has the best opportunity for a developing player. She is not looking to be on a superstar team so if your thought is a team is good because they win alot then thats not really what we are looking for. We are looking for a team/coach that are committed. Teams where all the kids are willing to put in the work, the parent sideline isnt a war zone, and the coach is actually invested in the kids. Is that a unicorn maybe but we are hopeful there is a team like that somewhere.

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    My 2009 daughter currently plays for a club (we wont mention) that plays higher level EDP. She is not happy with the team because there is not a lot of commitment and the coach has very rigid expectations for some players and doesn't even acknowledge others so in the end, he is never really finding what he's looking for. Players regularly dont show up to practice but show up on game day, and play. The coach can be quite gruff and downright mean towards players and I dont think even realizes how his behavior actually affects the teams play. Needless to say we are leaving after this season ends. We have been to a few tryouts in the Ocean/Monmouth area and am interested in people's insights into the local clubs and which one they think has the best opportunity for a developing player. She is not looking to be on a superstar team so if your thought is a team is good because they win alot then thats not really what we are looking for. We are looking for a team/coach that are committed. Teams where all the kids are willing to put in the work, the parent sideline isnt a war zone, and the coach is actually invested in the kids. Is that a unicorn maybe but we are hopeful there is a team like that somewhere.
    Me too...I've been looking for this for years now for 09G. There are no good options locally for competitive-level soccer. (please don't say Matchfit, PSA or CSA - they all have their problems and/or aren't good and going back to town ball (i.e. Wall) isn't a good option either)

Anyone?

Comment

Me too...I've been looking for this for years now for 09G. There are no good options locally for competitive-level soccer. (please don't say Matchfit, PSA or CSA - they all have their problems and/or aren't good and going back to town ball (i.e. Wall) isn't a good option either)

Anyone?
      You should try bofa. I hear they are great.

Comment

you really cant judge clubs, it is at the coach level. Find a coach you like, make sure he/she will be with the team next year, and move on

lack of commitment drives me crazy. How can you not know, week after week if you are not going to make the game in 2 days? If you have that many things going on in your life, play town soccer

Comment

Matchfit Mercer or Boca

Comment

Matchfit Mercer or Boca
            Do you know how the coaches are in these clubs in the age group? Player commitment? My daughter went to three tryouts and got three offers from different clubs but we are not sure because as someone said above, the clubs who made offers have both good and bad so we arents sure. Just dont want to jump from the frying pan into the fire.

Comment

In the Readington/Flemington area NJ14 would be my recommendation. Club's teams do not play at the highest EDP level, but all teams are competitive in their flights. Kids seem to have fun and are committed. Parents are level headed. I've known coaches for a few years now, and they have good soccer IQ and know how to work with girls. Club is well run. There will be competition for play time, but that's normal.

As a side note, IMHO competitive level is what you make of it - I've seen MID NJ flight 9 :) kids "duke it out" on the field with more heart than some MLS games.

Comment

Do you know how the coaches are in these clubs in the age group? Player commitment? My daughter went to three tryouts and got three offers from different clubs but we are not sure because as someone said above, the clubs who made offers have both good and bad so we arents sure. Just dont want to jump from the frying pan into the fire.
                Both coaches are lunatics.

Comment

Both coaches are lunatics.
                  depends on which 09 team you are speaking of

Comment

Check out CSA. They are really good at developing players and have super nice fields. By the time they get to HS they have major chance to play D1. It’s worth the investment.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X